By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

C section scar pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Cazza80

C section scar pregnancy

Post by Cazza80 »

I found out yesterday I had ** section scar pregnancy. Shocked and numb. Anyone that has been in the same situation to talk to would be great. Should of been 10+3 but Sac was only measuring 5 wks. So pretty sure it's stopped growin. Back next week for anot her scan and d &c. Hopi g that works. Otherwise will need a op.

SharonB222

Re: C section scar pregnancy

Post by SharonB222 »

I hope someone with that specific experience responds. In the meantime, both my eps lagged - low hCG, but started growing, so they measured 3-4w behind. My hCG continued to increase so treatment was sooner than later (in my case MTX shots to start). Yesterday I was told my ep is likely a defect of my body (I was "fanaticizing " that it was the procedure that went awry) and I'm depressed about that. Needing to reframe that reality - Something like, I did my best given the circumstances, so I am upset with the circumstances and not myself.

I am sorry for your loss.

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Hi Hun
I had an operation last week for a section scar ectopic so I know how you feel, my Drs had never seen this before hence surgery and had to have lap guided d and c I'm here to talk too xx

Cazza80

Post by Cazza80 »

Thanks. It's such a mix of emotions. Hope you are well after surgery. Taking me all week to get my head around things. Have you asked much about the future and things will be. Have so many questions. X

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Hello
Yeah kind of they basically said treat it as a normal ectopic and wait 3 months or 2 periods etc but I'm going to just try when I'm ready as there's not much literature on scar ectopic and they are quite different to tubal in lots of ways ...
I know when I had the surgery they didn't "fix" the scar tissue because it would of caused more scaring so this has worried me that it will happen again BUT my nurse said she had a patient exactly the same as me and she had gone on two have two healthily babies! Xx

Plus because they say with a Tubel your more likely for it to happen again I'm really not sure if that applies to us too? Like can it happen with a section scar again meaning is it more likely? I just don't think anyone knows much about it which for us is sad and frustrating hope your okay lovely xxx

Cazza80

Post by Cazza80 »

It is really tough as it's so rare so there is no real info around. I didn't even know this could happen. I was going to ask about the scar tissue next week as to whether there is anything they could do. I'm so pleased there was no heartbeat I think it would of made this experience a whole lot worse than it already is. How are you feeling now? Xx

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Good luck Hun, let me know what they say I know sometimes they do something but sometimes it makes it worse... how come they haven't treated you yet? I was 6 weeks and baby was still going so had to have it done quickly :( xx

Cazza80

Post by Cazza80 »

Because it was only measuring 5 wks could see Sac and yolk. Think they want to make sure it's not going to grow and move. I'm sure it won't as I should of been 10 wks. They also told me not hold out any hope. Which I wasn't anyway. I'd had a really big bleed last Monday and was in agony so went to a&e. That settled and had to wait for scan on Wednesday. Just said if pain or bleeding increase significantly to go straight to hospital. This waiting is the worst. Not sure when they will do d&c .xx

Cazza80

Post by Cazza80 »

Because it was only measuring 5 wks could see Sac and yolk. Think they want to make sure it's not going to grow and move. I'm sure it won't as I should of been 10 wks. They also told me not hold out any hope. Which I wasn't anyway. I'd had a really big bleed last Monday and was in agony so went to a&e. That settled and had to wait for scan on Wednesday. Just said if pain or bleeding increase significantly to go straight to hospital. This waiting is the worst. Not sure when they will do d&c .xx

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Strange how they all work differently, I was nearly 6 weeks and could see sac and yolk and growing a lot, and they told me there is no possible way of it moving because it's implanted? How strange :(

I really am no expert but I can't believe they have left you I think that is awful, yeah I suppose you know because like you said you should be 10 weeks... Feel for you so much please let me know what happens Hun xx

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

P.s the day I went for my scan after it I had. A big bleed and they said it was my lining coming away it broke my heart xx

Cazza80

Post by Cazza80 »

Thank you. will let you know Wednesday what say they. The bleeding I have now has eased to when I wipe then stops for a few hours. Xxx

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Hey Hun yes let me know xx

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Any news xx

Cazza80

Post by Cazza80 »

In for surgery today. Waiting to go down now. Will update when I can. Not the best time but need it out the way. How are you feeling hun. Xx

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Oh Hun I'm so sorry :( what a rubbish time but like you say you need to have it sorted, shocked they didn't before now wish you all the best, it's been two weeks today I'm not sore at all but the emotional side, update when you can Hun I'll keep checking and take care xxx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Cazza80,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
You are correct I saying that e topic pregnancies located in C section scars are rare and Louise23, thank you so much for your kind response in sharing your experience.
Cazza80, I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you today. Don't forget to take time for yourself to heal both emotionally and physically after your operation.
We are here for you, so please continue to use the forums to post any further questions you may have or for support from those of us who understand how you feel.
Sending much love,
Karen x

Cazza80

Post by Cazza80 »

Thank you. Surgery went well. Feeling ok physically. Just odd feeling. Emotionally I have know idea how im feeling. So hard to take as it's not something your made aware of with c-sections. Hope you had a good Christmas. Xxx

Louise23

Post by Louise23 »

Hey Hun,
So glad your feeling okay well considering anyway, are you home now? I know the nurse told me they don't make people aware of it, I will be having a review in 6 weeks and I'll be asking everything xx it's been two weeks for me now and I feel ok still sad some times xx take care and please talk to me if you need too

Cazza80

Post by Cazza80 »

I was home same day. I have no follow up appointment. Was told as soon as I have had my first period could try again. But for me that is far too soon. Hope you had a good Christmas. Thanks a lot for chatting you have been great. Xx