By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heart is broken...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Butterfly1

Re: Heart is broken...

Post by Butterfly1 »

* sharing - not shearing !! :roll:

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, I hope u are all well.. I can't believe I just posted or tried to post a long reply and accidentally deleted it by going back on msg. Sorry for late reply.. I just been very busy.

Nicola I hope you and Bubba are well. I bet it was nice to have bed to yourself for couple days.. It is hard how u get more restless at night and going loo so much.. Have you got a pregnancy pillow? I use to find it would make me more comfortable at night... I hope u ask people for help when you need it.. Cause it's easy to try and do everything you self and struggle.

I hope u get you work replacement soon. Oh wow 13 weeks left or must be 12 weeks left now will go fast.. I'm so excited for you. I hope u are getting enough rest when you can.

No my phone didn't turn up so I won't be getting it back now.. Yea I'm really gutted about the photos on it and videos too. I'm lucky I got some photos and videos back from my sis and friend but I'm gutted the pics il never get back. X x

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Tiffany I hope you are well... Yea u are right phot and videos are what I am mostly gutted about.. Yea it good idea if u back up ur photos just in case is what I'm going to do now.

I'm glad you feel more positive.. I think being more relaxed about ttc is a great idea and that it will more likely happen that way... How long have you been trying again for now? I thought the 6/7 months it took for me to conceive Arielle took for ever coz you expect it to happen right away but I was told it can take up to year and half to conceive before docs may think there could be a problem with conceiving naturally.. But I definitely think it can make u stress n obsess over it all.. I certainly did so I think ur relaxed approach will help it happen for u sooner. Il keep praying for you and I'm sending you lots of baby dust :)

I hope ur job gets better n I don't blame you not wanting to take a job less money.

Ur bf definitely sounds thoughtful n sweet to u :) I hope u both get to have ur thanks giving dinner a day early together. I hope ur having a good week and resting when you can. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Butterfly I hope you are well.. I'm sorry to hear Jack has a cold n I hope he's better very soon. I wish u could upload a pic of Jack on here too.. Are u on Facebook?

Oh that is so sweet that Jack is trying to crawl.. Once he learns to they can get fast quite quickly and then always on the go.. It's so sweet that he's learning to.. I remember trying to encourage Arielle to by putting toys out in front of her to grab.

Yea it would be so great if one day we can all meet up together and to have all our lil ones with us would be amazing to do that.

Thank u Butterfly.. I was so glad Arielle was better.

She was really brave having her injections done.. She had 4 of them done and cried n screamed only a little but soon got over it.. It was horrible to see her have 4 done.. She didn't cry properly cause I think she was in shock from it.. I felt anxious for her and later cried a bit feeling bad for her even though she was fine then..

She later got ill with temperature n was so clingy too.. She was unwell for a few days n so clingy n sleeping in my bed.. I could not put her down and it was worse for her cause she was in alot of pain with constipation... I had to ring docs n go health shop... Iv been giving her more fibre in her diet and she's much better thank goodness as she was so poorly and so sore and she cried every time she did a poo.

She hasn't slept well for ages.. She wakes up at least 3 times a night just for a cuddle and ends up in my bed half way through the night coz she's hard to get back to sleep in her cot.

I really hope she will start sleeping through the night in her own room soon coz it makes me feel exhausted.

I get a lil time for myself sometimes on weekends when my bf is home so I can have a bath or a quick nap.. But not always and he lies in quite late.. Alright for some.. It Don't help he goes bed late.

Do u get help with Jack? Do you have family who help?

We don't have family to look after Arielle for us.. But my twin sis had Arielle once few months ago for couple hrs so we could go out for a meal locally to us and on Sat night just gone my twin sister had Arielle for the second time for 3 and half hrs so me n my bf hot to go out together for a drink.. It was good to go out together as a couple for a change and it was really good of my sis to have Arielle for us... Arielle is comfortable with her too which is reassuring. I appreciate my sis having Arielle but would not ask her often as she is busy and has hands full with uni and her 4 children of her own.

I did get to go out in the week Las week to local theatre on Wed with my twin sister and her friends to see Musicial Annie was really good n her friend was in it.

My bf is fine to cope with Arielle on his own.. Only thing is he does not clean up so when I got home I was up till late cleaning up which is annoying but I was glad to get out to the theatre.

Arielle is taking steps more regularly now around our flat even though she mainly crawls but she's becomin more brave with walking few steps at a time and yesterday at baby group she took a few steps there so she's getting more confident there and crawls off and does her own thing. It's cute to see her interacting with other babies.

She definitely won't stop saying hiya, yes and dad.. It's funny how she is still calling me Nan... I'm trying to teach her to say mum, muma or mummy again.

I hope you ladies are well n having a good week. Xxx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Thanks Toni.

I am sorry you got upset after Arielles injections. I understand how you felt it is horrible seeing them sad but we must remember in the long run we are helping to save them from some horrible diseases. They will thanks us one day and they are so young they will never remember it :wink: I am sorry she was unwell with them.
I am glad Arielles constipation is improving, This parenting lark is amazing but can be challenging !!
I'm sorry Arielles not sleeping well. Jacks sleeping is also quite bad at the moment and he too often wakes 3-4 times a night and I have started to put him in our bed just to get a little bit of sleep (something I always said I would never do :roll: !!). As soon as he is in my arms he is asleep and as soon as he touches the cot he is wide awake crying - the little tinker!! To be honest I do enjoy cuddling him in bed but never sleep well as I am conscious he is there and I don't want one of us the squash him. I know how you feel !!!

I am glad you are getting some time to yourself albeit a little. How was Annie? I bet it was nice to go out with your sister. I have a brother and sister but we are not close and I do not really see them apart from special occasions. I could never ask them to babysit and wouldn't trust them too! My mum hadn't seen Jack since he was 2 days old until recently (long story) so we don't really have any family support. My husbands sister is in Australia and his mother isn't a 'baby person' and doesn't live close by!

That is so cute that Arielle is saying some words now and taking some steps- you must be so proud! Hopefully she will start to say mummy again. That must be such a wonderful feeling. Her confidence sounds like it is really growing. Soon there will be no stopping her! Jack has just started saying dadadada (not is context at all!) but I'm working hard on getting him to say mamamama!! :lol:

I am sorry to read you lost your phone. They have so much of our lives on them these days, but I am glad your sister has been able to replace some of the photos.

Hopefully they will both start to sleep soon !!

Take care xxx

lucy888

Post by lucy888 »

Just read your original post and wanted to send you love and hope.
Not the most romantic engagement but I had an ectopic then a missed miscarriage and about the time of mmc an aunty died. I missed the funeral due to being in getting mmc sorted on the day. That weekend my then boyfriend and I decided to get married. My energy went into that for a bit. I have a beautiful 3 year old now all natural and no issues 3rd time. Xx

lucy888

Post by lucy888 »

Oops pressed submit.
So give yourself the time you need and I hope you don't feel.dispondent for long xxxx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

It’s been a crazy week. We were in hospital Sunday for reduced movements (luckily all is well) she’s just lazy I think and depending on the position I can’t always feel her. They were picking movements up on the monitor but I couldn’t feel them. They were good though and said to go whenever we are worried. People keep saying it’s good as you will have a calm relaxed baby but it’s not good not feeling much and then worrying something isn’t right. There was a lady in the room next to us that spend two hours screaming and shouting “help me” which really scared me as I thought I am going to have to go through this soon.

I’ve been to the doctors today as I had to have a gestational diabetes test as the midwife picked up sugar in my urine which worries me but she said it could be dependent on what I had recently had to eat and or drink and I had a glass of cranberry juice before the appointment so really hoping it was that and I don’t have gestational diabetes. Plus, to add to the week I’ve got a horrible cold so I’m feeling rubbish. I am sure next week will be better.

My new replacement started on Monday and she’s getting on really well so that’s a bonus. I have 4 weeks left after today and I am definitely on count down. I can’t believe I’m 29 weeks pregnant tomorrow!!

How are all you ladies? It feels ages since I’ve been on here.

Tiffany - where are you in your cycle? Hopefully we will be hearing good news from you soon.

Buttetfly1 - hope Jack is a little better. I think there are so many things we think we won’t do as parents but I always think it’s so different when you are actually a parent that you can’t really make judgements until you know what you would do in that situation and ultimately you want him and you to get some sleep.

Toni - ahh so lovely Arielle is starting to talk. That must be so amazing and you must feel so proud. I’ve heard it’s a lot easier for babies to say Dada than it is Mama.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and I’ll catch up with you all soon.

Thanks Lucy888 - stories like that always helped me when things weren’t going well and I hope Tiffany can see that these things do usually work themselves out.

Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, I hope u are all well and had a good weekend...

Butterfly thank u for ur kind reply.. Yea it is horrible when our babies have injections & ur right I know it's for their own good to keep them well and they do forget about it really quickly.. I just get really anxious n bit emotional when Arielle has hers done. Thanks I'm so glad she's well again now.. It's horrible when u see them suffering n just want them to get well n back to their normal selves again n hard work too.

Thanks Arielle's constipation is better now she's back to normal again n I just make sure every day she has a bit of fibre in either wheatabix or brown bread. Which she likes both is good.

Yea I know it is amazing being a parent but ur right challenging is definitely the word for it.. Obviously we are so blessed to have healthy babies.. You just really have to put them first in every way.

Oh really.. I'm sorry to hear that Jack wakes up so much too n u end up having him in bed with you to.. I also said I'd never do it n I usually start off the first couple times getting Arielle back to sleep in her cot when she wakes n then in the end she ends up in my bed just so I can get some sleep.. I guess we do what we can to stay sain. I was so tired last night Arielle slept in her cot for 3 hrs n then at 12am she slept with me when I went to sleep as I was too tired n she wouldn't settle in her cot... Yea u worry about them so have to keep checking on them n I'm always making sure my quilt is only covering her bottom half in case it goes over her head or makes her over heat. It is lovely having cuddles.. Just hard to get a good night sleep. I'm hoping Arielle will be back in her own cot soon for the night coz I think she's just use to ending up in my bed.. I hope Jack's sleep improves do urs will too.. Hopefully they will both grow out of it..

Thanks.. It's good to get time to ur self done times n coz not often u appreciate it more.. Annie musical was really good n my favourite film as a child.. It made me miss activng n performaning coz that's what I use to do but haven't in ages now.

Yea it's nice to spend time with my twin sister n we are close.

I'm so sorry to hear u are not close with ur brother n sister.. It's sad how that can happen. I have a brother I'm close to but don't see him often n a lil sister who I'm not close to and she lives in Ireland.. I haven't seen her for nearly a year. I also have an older sister n brother but we haven't spoken since 17 yrs me n my brother and 14 yrs my big sister.. It's just hard to get on with everyone even if family so they have never met Arielle n I don't know my eldest brothers 6 kids.. I know my eldest sisters kids only coz I looked after them as kids make they are grown up.. But I only know my eldest niece who's 29 well out of 5 of them..

I'm sorry ur mum and ur husband mum are not a big part of urs n jacks lives... I know it's hard when u don't have family support. My mum lives in Ireland n never met Arielle n we haven't properly spoken for 18 yrs but she's wanting to meet Arielle but I still haven't felt comfortable to let her.

You must find it tough having no extra support for Jack other than u and ur husband. I know it's hard. We just have my twin sister but I could never ask her regular where she has 4 kids n uni..

Yea I'm proud of Arielle taking steps which she is doing even more now n speaking too.. Yea maybe ur right that she'll start to say mum and or mummy again soon.. For now Nan is still cute..

Oh that is really cute n clever that Jack is now saying dadda :) Awww I'm sure he'll say muma soon too :) that's what I do keep trying to get Arielle to say muma :)

Thank u.. I'm glad I got some of my photos especially of Arielle back of my sister and friend.

I hope ur ok n Jack is feeling better.. I hope his sleeping improves very soon n you get enough rest. X x x

Tiffanynr16

Post by Tiffanynr16 »

Hey ladies,
I’m sorry I haven’t replied any lately. I’ve had some stuff going on. First I got sick last Sunday and ended up going to after hours care, I had a severe sinus infection that spread to my tonsils.. so I was off work for two days. I’m still not completely recovered from it and it’s been a week.

Then Jeremy (my bf) finds out he has an umbilical hernia and was put off work until he seen a surgeon today, so he was off for a week and it’s put us behind some. But we will make it. Thank god he doesn’t have to have surgery to repair it as of now, but he eventually will.

Glad to hear you ladies are doing well.. and the kiddos. I’ve felt really bad for not checking in and posting. I don’t think I’ve ever felt that bad.

I’ve not really thought about conceiving much this month, but I have noticed that my boobs are super sore and AF isn’t due until the 27th, but I’m not even gonna stress over it and just wait it out. I’ve came to realize it may not happen before the new year, but it will happen in God’s timing. I haven’t recorded anything this month. Don’t even know if we did the deed during the right time. I’m trying my best to just relax and see what happens. We’ve been actively trying for only like 3 months, so I really shouldn’t be getting all tore up, bc I know it can take longer. I think it’s bc the loss. It makes me want one even more. Like I was obsessing over it, and I know that’s not healthy. I try to do things to keep my mind off of it.

I just want to say thank you, ladies. You’ve really made this experience easier and helped me get through something I never thought I would. So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I’m excited I get to have thanksgiving dinner with Jeremy and his family Wednesday. I’m looking forward to it. I have tomorrow and Wednesday off. I’m excited. I’ve worked 6 days in a row. It’s not getting any better either. I really hate it. I want a job I can be passionate about, but it’s hard to find any good jobs in my little town. Oh & Jeremy gets to go back to work tomorrow, so we won’t be struggling anymore. I know life always has a way of working out, we just never know when things are going to happen.

Okay, I’ve rambled on enough. I’ll post again before thanksgiving, but in case I don’t get to. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving! :) xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, I hope u are all well. Sorry I didn't get to finish my reply before.. I got to finish Replying to Butterfly & sent it before lost msg like last time so now I'm getting to read n reply to u other girls..

Nicola how are u and Bubba? I'm sorry to hear that you ended up in hospital for reduced movement.. It must of been so scary for u n ur hubby. I'm so pleased all is well with u and Bubba. I guess some babies are not as active as others in ur Belly but u did the right thing getting it checked out just in case and to ease ur mind... I'm glad the hospital were really good n reassuring with u. Of course it's not good if u feel lil movement which will make u worry. I was lucky Arielle was so lively in my belly especially in eves n I can see what coz she's always been so lively n does not keep still for long n is lively at night not wanting to sleep early.

But even if ur baby girl will be a relaxed calm baby you still need to feel reassured all is well so I'm really glad she's OK and that u can go back for reassurance when ever you may need to.

I really hope ur diabetes test comes back negative n I'm sorry u have a bad cold n I hope I hope u feel better n are getting enough rest n wrapping up..

I'm pleased to hear ur replacement is getting on well. So you can just count down till ur last days at work n not worry re ur cover.

Ooh 4 weeks left at work will go fast.. Happy 29 weeks pregnant :)

Thanks Nicola.. Yes I'm am very proud of Arielle. I still can't believe she's taking n walking about more.. Always carrying two toys one in each hand n she always matches her toys she carries n the colours so if she's holding diplodocus Lego blocks she gave one of the same colour in each hand is cute and I'm amazed at seeing how she's learnedcto build blocks on top of each other as soon as she first played with them and today stacked up 6 blocks on top of each other.. I was impressed.

She's getting a bit of a cold now n a lil cough so I'm hoping she will be better soon.

I went to my friends from my old job baby shower on Saturday.. Was lovely to celebrate with her n see her. She's got 2 wks left at work n she's due NEW year day. She looks so well and is having a lil boy.. I'm so excited for her.. I went to her n her hubby wedding reception couple Years ago.. They both young only 25 but been together for years n it's their first pregnancy.. It took them quite a long time to get pregnant n she had alot of scans at the beginning coz she had a lot of scares n she has pelvic girdle pain that I had in pregnancy but all is well with her Bubba so I'm really happy for them...

I hope u are starting to feel better n getting rest n looked after by ur hubby x x x

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Tiffany, sorry didn't get to send my reply to u yet.. I can't always get on here so found it easier to send replys separately to u ladies..

I'm so sorry u were so ill you ended up in hospital.. It sounds so painful n horrible what u had.. I hope ur starting to feel more better now from it.. Or u should try go back to doctors re it...

I'm sorry to hear ur bf is ill n will need surgery.. That sounds horrible to have. I hope he can get surgery soon.

I think it's really good u and ur bf have been still ttc but like u said not tracking it.. I think u have more chance this way to conceive.. You are right 3 months is not that long but I understand it feels long after what uv been through.. Of course u want to get pregnant right away... I was the same I was obsessing re ttc and two weeks wait and the 6/7 months it took to conceive Arielle felt like so much longer than that coz of the two babies I'd lost.. So it's perfectly normal you feel how u do coz of what u have been through ur going to be less patient. As always I'm crossing my fingers for you and praying for you to conceive this month.

Awww ur really sweet.. Of course we are all here to help u through hard times n celebrate in good times :)

Happy Thanks giving for Wednesday :) I hope u had a lovely dinner with ur bf to celebrate it n enjoyed ur well earned two days off work.

I'm sorry you don't love ur job and hope when times right u find a job you are more passionate about. I know how u feel as iv had so many jobs I was not passionate about n low paid n long hrs that iv lost count of them n could never fit them all on my c. V but iv always stayed until found a new n hopefully better job at the time. I'm sure ul find a better job for you soon n hopefully less hrs too.. Coz it sounds like you work so much.

Yea ur right it's true about life.. Things do happen for a reason.. We just have to try stay positive and lean on people when we need them n try not to suffer in silence. I hope u enjoyed ur Thanks giving celebrations n u and ur bf are not in pain now. Hopefully his opponents will come through soon. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven’t been on for a while - my cold really hit me last week and I had a few days of work because I felt so wiped out. Feeling better now. Unfortunately, my glucose test came back positive so I have a hospital appointment on Thursday to discuss my options and the next steps. Thankfully, I’m nearly 31 weeks so whatever they decide I won’t be long on it. I’ve read that it’s likely I may be induced at 38 weeks too which I don’t like the idea of but all that matters is baby is ok.

We did our NCT course on Saturday & Sunday which was really good and felt like I learnt quite a bit especially when they covered caesareans and induction etc. We have the breastfeeding part this Thursday which I’m looking forward too.

How is everyone?

I still feel I’m recovering from my cold - it’s hard not taking anything and just waiting for it to get better. It’s been nearly two weeks now.

Speak soon xx

Tiffanynr16

Post by Tiffanynr16 »

Hey ladies,
Hope everyone has a lovely thanksgiving!
I had dinner with Jeremy at work, it was nice but nothing like actually having dinner with my family.

AF came two days early this cycle, surprised me. So here’s to a new cycle. Fingers crossed.

My cousin just found out she is expecting. Kind of put me in a mood. I’m extremely happy for her, she just got married back in October, but it still hurts. I’m like, WHENS IT GOING TO BE MY TIME?? I know it will happen when it’s meant to.

Sorry you’ve been so sick, Nicola. I had a cold for 2 weeks and it’s finally clearing up. I’m hypoglycemic so I’m kinda curious how my blood sugar will do while being pregnant. That means I have low blood sugar. It’s hard to deal with at times.

I don’t have much time to reply right now, so I’ll post more later. Hope you ladies are doing well and the babies. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, sorry for not coming on here for while.. Didn't have a great week last week as been feeling really down n just been busy with Arielle. I don't know why iv been feeling how I had coz I kept busy last week taking Arielle baby group n Park n my friend came to visit with her hubby one day.. Think partly lack of sleep gets to me.. Elle still been waking up alot n sleeping in my bed every night. I think also maybe when I'm on my period it really affects my mood more than I thought it does.

Im feeling bit more positive this week.. Still tired though.. Arielle was wide awake for 3 hrs last night.. She just wouldn't go back to sleep coz was too awake n she had only napped 50 minutes in the day.. I think some nights she just gets insomnia or something. I'm trying to get her to bed earlier now so I can try go bed earlier but it didn't work Las night coz she went sleep at 8.30pm but then was up fron 11.30pm till 2.30am.. So I couldn't go sleep till she did n them she woke me again at 6.30am.. She's only just having a nap now but il get her up in min for bottle now pray she sleeps better tonight.

It was my bf birthday on Sunday n we took Elle to her first birthday party on that day in a soft play area which she loved.

I'm planning on going out next week sat eve with my twin sister n old school friends so a kind of school reunion will be nice to get out n have a break. Especially as my bf has two Xmas work dos coming up this Friday night n the following Friday night so it be nice for me to get out.. Although I never get drunk like he does.. I'm too sensible these days.

I can't believe how near Christmas is coming around.. We still have not got a tree but would be nice to get one for Arielle.

It's my birthday on 23rd December so very close to Christmas. I probably wouldn't do much for it but having a twin we usually celebrate together n last Yr on my 40th I saw her in the day n then she went out in the night for it n I just stayed home cause Elle was only less than 2 months old at the time so I didn't want to go out n I remember spending most of the evening breastfeeding.

So it be nice to go out this Yr.. My sister has arranged for us to go out for a meal to tgi Friday's with our boyfriends n Arielle n her kids n my bruv n family n niece n kids n best mate n family are coming to spend it be nice to all get to get her for the evening.

How are all u ladies? Are u all getting ready for Xmas?

Nicola I am so sorry to hear that uv been so ill with a cold n I know it hitsu do hard wen ur pregnant n especially as u can't take anything other than parecetamol for it.. I'm remember being ill with a bad cold wen was pregnant n had to take two days off work for it to recover n rest. I'm glad ur feeling more better now n hope ur completely over it soon.

I'm sorry to hear about ur glucose test being positive n I hope they can give u something to help u n that u n baby will be OK... How was ur appointment? I hope it went ok..

Yea it's good that u are already far in ur pregnancy.. Really so u could have ur baby at 38 wks.. I know it's not ideal but ur right main thing is ur baby is healthy n ul be full term then too practically so as long as u n baby are well n healthy is what is important...

I'm glad u enjoyed ur course n found it helpful..

Tiffany I'm glad u enjoyed thanks giving dinner with ur boyfriend at work n sorry u couldn't spend it with him at home but glad u still got to celebrate it with him..

I'm so sorry u got ur AF this month.. It's actually good though that it came early so u didn't get it late n be thinking it won't come. I'm always crossing my fingers n praying for you to get pregnant so I hope this month is ur month..

I'm sorry it's upset u with the news ur cousin is pregnant.. Of course ur happy for her but I understand why it's upset u is normal. Just think wen ur pregnant soon u can both go through ur journey kind of together would be really nice for u..

I hope u are ok n work has been less stressful.

Butterfly how are u n Jack? I hope ur both OK n Jack is well n been sleeping better for u..

I hope all u ladies are well n ur having a good week. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I’ve not been on for a few days - just having a bit of a stressful time at the moment. I had my appointment at the hospital last week following my positive gestational diabetes test and have been given a blood monitoring kit for two weeks to see what my levels are doing and if I can control them though diet - unfortunately my overnight fasting reading is always too high so if it keeps going I’ll have to be put on medication. The other problem is that where I want to give birth don’t see my levels as an issue as they are borderline so I’ve had to have treatment at a different hospital and if I end up on the medication they will want to induce me at 38 weeks so I’ll have to go to a hospital that I don’t want to. It’s frustrating.

I had a growth scan too and babies belly is in the 90th percentile whilst everything else is around 60 so shows she is getting too much sugar. It’s really upsetting me and I’m finding it hard to deal with. I’ve had to give all my advent calendars away too.

Toni - sorry to hear you have been feeling down? Are you any better now? I really hope so. Wow, so it’s nearly your birthday and Christmas. Have you asked for anything nice?

Tiffany - sorry AF arrived. I hope this is your month and you get a BFP Christmas present. Are you on any medication for your low blood sugar at the moment? I’m finding it so hard to get my low at night but they say the fasting one is hardest to control. I’ve heard eating a piece of cheese before bed can help which I am going to try tonight.

Sorry for the rant ladies. Just feeling so down about it all - it’s just been one hurdle after another this pregnancy. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Nicola, I sent a reply to ur msg this morning n was gutted that I got logged out n msg was deleted.
You don't have to apologise as we are all here to help u n offer u support n I'm glad u feel you can talk to us..

I am really sorry you have got diabetes n may need medication. I hope it won't come to that and the amount of sugar in yours and ur baby girls sugar reduces. It's so hard coz you can't control ur levels wen ur asleep. I know pregnancy is hard enough and u don't need this added stress on top of it. I really hope u can have ur baby at ur chosen hospital coz I know u want to feel as comfortable as possible.

Il pray for you that you won't need to be induced n yours n ur baby's sugar levels will decrease. If you do have to have ur baby at 38 wks pregnant.. Most important thing is u both stay healthy n u will be full term then so ur baby will be fine. I know u don't need this stress n il keep praying that u won't need to be induced.

How are u feeling in ur self? Are u getting enough rest.?
I hope u are getting enough sleep.

Thanks for your kind words. I don't know why Iv been feeling down. I think maybe it could be that I just find it hard sometimes being alone with Arielle every day n isolated.. Even though obviously I love being her mum.. And maybe the lack of sleep is getting to me as well.. I just really hope Arielle will start sleeping through the night in her own cot soon.

I do feel more better this week though n iv been trying to keep busy.. I took Arielle baby group on Monday and too a singing session at the library yesterday. She's doing so well n walking loads n is getting so confident n cheeky too.

I had my hair re straightened on Saturday which takes ages n is expensive n had it trimmed which I was glad of because I hadn't had it done for 6 months.

I know my birthday is so close to Christmas.. No I never ask or except presents of anyone but I'm sure My bf n twin sister will get me something.

I hope all u ladies are ok n having a good week.

Me n Arielle missed baby group today coz I have had tummy pains but it's easing up now so I think it's good me n Arielle just stayed home today. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thanks Toni,

I’m feeling a little better about things this week - I think I’m coming to terms with it and accepting that if I need medication it’s for the good of my baby so I will see what they say at my follow up appointment on Wednesday. I’ve managed to bring the levels down but sadly not enough. Lucky my daytime ones are ok so should hopefully be a small amount of medication if I do take any.

It’s my last week at work this week which feels a bit strange. Think it will feel odd for the first week or two, especially as I’ll juat be at home on my own.

Glad you are feeling a bit better now too and I really hope you get some nice gifts for your birthday.

Have you all had lots of snow? I absolutely love the snow and just kept looking at the window at it yesterday.

Xx

Tiffanynr16

Post by Tiffanynr16 »

Hey ladies,
Sorry for not replying any lately. I’ve been busy working and trying to get everything ready for Christmas. We still haven’t gotten all of our shopping done. I’m hoping and praying I don’t have to work Christmas Eve. We are closed Christmas Day, so I’m excited about that.

I was actually kinda glad AF showed early last month, so I didn’t waste money on buying test to just start the next day. I haven’t been thinking about it as much and just trying to relax and go with the flow. I’m in my fertile week right now, I had thought about getting ovulation test strips, but decided not to. I think we’ll just keep baby dancing even after my fertile window just Incase I ovulate later than my app says and we started as soon as AF was over, so praying this is the month.

Yes, it would be very nice to experience pregnancy with my cousin. I told her I hope I get my positive this month and we can have our babies close together. I know it will happen when the time is right and that helps me to relax and just let it happen.

Nicola, there is no medication for low blood sugar and it sucks. If I have a low, I have to eat something with 15 carbs and protein. They have to basically balance each other out and then wait 15 mins and test again, if it’s not up, I have to eat 15 more carbs and test again in 15 mins. It’s frustrating! The lowest I’ve went was 46 and it was scary. I felt like I was on the verge of dying. Almost fainted. I can also tell when my sugar is high, and that’s usually in the mornings when I wake up and drink something with lots of carbs. I try to stay away from carbs, but it’s so hard. I really hope you get everything under control. I know it must be scary when it involves your baby, just take care of yourself and make sure you stay away from carbs. I crash, so if I eat lost of carbs, mine will go high and drop real sudden.. it’s cslled reactive hypoglycemic.

Toni, your birthday is so close to Christmas. I bet it was hard on your parents when you and your twin were younger lol my sisters is 2 days after Christmas, so I always thought it wasn’t fair she got double the presents lol she shares a birthday with my dad, which is pretty neat.

Sorry ladies for not such a good reply, but I’m exhausted and so ready for bed. I’ll be sure to reply sooner than I have been. And hopefully I’ll have some good news soon! Fingers crossed :) and prayers.

Talk soon xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi ladies,

I am so sorry I haven't replied sooner. Time is just flying by and I do not get much time to do things these days :wink:

Nicola I am so sorry there has been complications and that you may have to take medication. I really hope the hospital you want to give birth in is still an option for you as it is so borderline. How are you feeling in yourself? Will you have more growth scans? I am glad you are feeling better about it- I can imagine it was quite a shock for you at the time. On the plus side, if you are induced, at least you will meet your little miracle two weeks early :wink: :wink: Have you had your baby shower yet? I am guessing you have now left work (?). Just think the next time you go back you will be a mummy !! I hope the remainder of your pregnancy is stress free. Get plenty of rest and enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy if you can.

Princess I am so sorry you have been feeling low and I am so relieved to read you are feeling better. I do understand how you feel. Being a mum is wonderful but it can also be quite hard sometimes when you are the one doing the majority of the care (even when your partner is home in the evenings/ weekends ). Mummy's do not seem to ever 'clock off' !! Have you had your birthday? I am so sorry I have got so behind. I hope you had a great day and celebrated it with your sister. I hope you are feeling better too. I haven't been to any baby groups lately as we both kept getting ill and I wonder if it was from babies sharing their germs !!

Tiffany, I hope you are well and I hope this is your month. What a wonderful Christmas present that would be !

Jack has been poorly with Bronchitis but has now fully recovered. It was awful seeing him so poorly. He has now started to crawl and pulls himself up to standing. He looks so proud of himself when he does it! Jack still sleeps in our bed but I will tackle this after Christmas as I am quite enjoying his cuddles at night!

I hope you all have a truly wonderful Christmas and hope santa brings you all what you have wished for :wink:

Take care

xx