By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heart is broken...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
princess pink

Re: Heart is broken...

Post by princess pink »

Butterfly Arielle is def better thank u.. Yea it's horrible when they are poorly. I still think she has something wrong with her right ear coz she tugs at it every now n then like there's an irritation so I'm going to try book a doc appointment just in case but she's def her self again.. Just teething again which was really bothering her on Saturday n made her come up in a dash but she seems OK at moi with it touch wood.. I think mayb she's getting back teeth. Coz she's still only got 4 front teeth.

Haha I didn't really get country air in Wales coz I was mainly in my bf parents hse n weather was windy n rainy alot too. The week went OK thanks. We arrived on the Mon n came home on the Thursday. Arielle enjoyed spending time with her family n was good with them considering she doesn't know them where she last saw them a Yr ago... She loved having so much space to walk around in the bungalow we stayed in n she was really good n she was gentle with my bf mum when he took
Her in the bedroom to see her.. Almost that Arielle knew her nan is ill.. She was in her special hospital bed whole time we were there n carers come to change her etc 4 times a day.. Is sad n you can see how much her husband who is my bf step dad really loves her.. He's really chatty n friendly. I did feel sorry for my bf seeing his mum how she is.. Sometimes she gives u eye contact but she's in her own world alot of the time. She did hold my hand at one point n would not let go but I don't think she knew who I was. My bf said he thinks she knew who he was just some of the time. So you can talk to her but not actually have a conversation with her. It was sweet at one point she said Baby when Arielle was in her room. It was sweet how Arielle kept trying to walk in the bedroom to see her nan. Obviously I'm glad we went for my bf n Arielle to see their family bit it was really hard bein away from home without Elle's things like hi chair etc so I am glad to be home again.

Awww Jack sounds so sweet how he growls n roars n says dada.. Yea it takes a while before they say it in context... Arielle says mum n muma quite a bit now sometimes in context I think but mainly it's just a word she says over n over.. She still calls me ninny and nan sometimes though lol.

Awww thank u Butterfly the show was really good n thanks its hard not to feel guilty for going out coz Elle was poorly but I did need a break n I knew she was with her dad.. So thanks coz I still felt guilty.

I hope u are well n Jack too.

X x x

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Nicola iv just read ur post.. Il reply to u bit later when I get chance. Congratulations again mummy Nicola... I'm so happy for you n ur hubby n ur Beautiful Baby girl. Sending you lotsa of love n il reply later... Need try get Arielle ready for baby group if we can make it do il post to u later today. X x x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS NICOLA AND HUBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I am so sorry to read it was so traumatic but she is here and you are both safe. What a beautiful name too. I hope you are recovering well and I hope your husband is ok- I think it must be so scary for a partner to watch it all unfold.

I hope you are get plenty of rest. Enjoy these precious weeks getting to know your daughter, and absorbing every bit of her gorgeousness!! Take care and please give Poppy Rae a cuddle from Jack and I.

Thank you for your message and Toni i am glad to read Arielle is better apart from teething. Jack is teething again too. He has 4 new teeth coming through- bless him. It sounds like it was quite an emotional week. Arielle sounds so adorable. Her nanny knew she was there and I bet that gave her a boost even though she maybe couldn't show it. Its such a devastating illness isn't it.

Take care all xxx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Nicola so sorry for late reply. I sent you a long reply yesterday n I went to send it n it logged me out so my msg disappeared.

Anyway Congratulations again.. How are u and Beautiful Poppy Rae? And ur hubby now...? What a traumatic time uv had. I'm so pleased u and Poppy are ok.

I know how it feels to panic wen Bubba:so heart rate is dropping coz that's what kept happening with Arielle wen I was in lab n my contractions started squashing her head 8s why I was rushed to theatre to have her n if she wasn't born fast I was close to having c section bit didn't have to.

You have been through so much n uv done n are doing amazing. Ur poor hubby too. While reading what u went through n ur hubby too n how scared u must of been made me bit emotional coz I can't believe all u went through n I'm do glad all is well.

Ur right u definitely appreciate ur baby more after ur past difficult pregnancies n losses.

I'm sooo happy u have ur Beautiful Baby girl n I so love her name. How are u both.. I hope ur getting rest wen u can n u recovery well.. I know it takes time.

I'm sending u love n hugs n please give Ur Beautiful Baby girl a hug n kiss from me.

X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thanks ladies.

It’s been a crazy 10 days. I can’t belong how much I’m learning about her but also myself. I’ve been breastfeeding and really found the first week so difficult as I was so sleep deprived but I’ve been able to start expressing a bottle so that my husband can give her a feed in the evenings which allows me to get a few hours kip before the night shift starts. She’s amazing though and I feel so lucky that she’s now here.

Are you all doing ok? I can’t believe how the days merge into one and all of a sudden weeks have gone by - I’ve totally lost track of time.

Poppy has a hip scan on Thursday because she was Breech so I’m a little worried about that but if she has to have a brace we will do what’s needed and get her sorted.

How are Jack and Arielle both doing?

Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi ladies.

I hope you are all well?

I am so glad Arielle is better. I hope you are are ok too Toni?

How did little Poppy's hip scan go Nicola? I hope you are ok and hope you are finding breastfeeding easier. I found the first two weeks really hard but once I got past that it became much easier. I hope you are getting enough sleep. I bet she is growing so much and so quickly. Its scary how quickly they grow and change. Have you had lots of visitors? How are you feeling? I hope you are recovering well from the delivery.

Jack is now back sleeping in his cot at night!!! We prepared ourselves for at least 3 nights of crying and a week of poor sleep but he was amazing and took only 1 hour to settle the first night we decided to do it (he was extremely tired!!) and he only woke once the second night. It has been a week and he now sleeps till about 8am and then I feed him and have a cuddle before we get up for the day.

I hope you are all ok and enjoying the weekend

xxx

kesar0106

Post by kesar0106 »

The emotional pain that heartbreak evokes is excruciating. Nothing else matters, no one else matters. We can barely function, think, or move. We feel removed from everyone and alone in a haze of unreality, trapped in our shattered world. All we can see is the person who broke our heart, and all we can feel is terrible pain.

What we want most is for the pain to ease, to stop hurting so badly — but that is not what our mind wants.

When our heart is broken, our mind has a very different agenda than we do. As a result, you must have live chat operators whom you can consult to it ends up deceiving us and making things worse. If we want to stop hurting and move on, we need to know when NOT to trust what our mind tells us.

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, sorry for late reply.. I hope u are all well.

Nicola how are you and ur Beautiful Baby Poppy? I'm sorry to hear she needed a hip scan.. How did it go?

Time does certainly go fast wen u have a baby... Well done for breastfeeding I know it's definitely not easy at the beginning. That's brilliant that u are able to express milk so ur hubby can help with feeds. I really hope u are getting bit more sleep now. I know it's tough especially at beginning when ur baby feeds so regularly. I bet u n ur hubby are doing an amazing job. I hope u n Poppy are both well.. I bet she's changing so much already.

Awww it's lovely to hear how happy u sound.. Poppy must be so lovely. I hope u are starting to recover n getting to rest n take it easy as much as you can.

Butterfly how are you and Jack doing? I hope ur both well...

Well done to u for getting Jack to sleep in his own cot all night.. Uv done amazing job n must be such a relief for u and ur hubby. Jack has really done so well.
Do u mean u just started leaving him in his cot and he does not cry in it anymore? Does he have his own room?

I am doing OK thank u and thanks to both of u Arielle is well.. She's been teething on and off coz only has 4 teeth still but she's doing really well, always on the go and keeps saying "What's that?" is really cute.

Iv been trying to get her to sleep in her cot in her own room for about 5 days now as in me being able to get her to get herself to sleep.. Where as iv always got her to sleep in my arms or her sling which can take as long as an hour sometimes. So I'm not using the sling now n putting her straight in her cot n tried leaving her for minutes at a time n waiting outside her door with her camera monitor n she gets so upset n it's taking so long as in I'm constantly going back in her room to give her a cuddle n kept repeating it n eventually she cries herself to sleep in my arms after I'm in n outa her room loads for a long time.. I can't leave her for longer than a minute or too coz she gets so upset.

So now last couple days I put her in her cot n sit on floor next to her cot n play her sleep playlist n read her a story sometimes n let her just move about in her cot until she tires herself out n falls asleep. I'm trying it at day nap time too and last night she fell asleep within 40 minutes n today for her daytime nap she got herself to sleep with in 20 minutes.. So I think I'm going to keep trying it like this n hope she'll get more use to her cot.

She sleeps for longer periods of time alone like last night she slept 5 hrs on her own but came to bed with me at 2.30am so I really hope soon shel sleep whole night in her own cot n room.

Is mad my bf still sleeps on the sofa in front room coz says he needs a decent sleep for work do won't come back to sleep in the bedroom til he knows Arielle won't be sleeping in our bed halfway through the night. But obviously I don't know how long Arielle will keep waking up for.. Wen she wakes I try get her back in her cot but eventually I'm so tired so I just put her in bed with me.

I'm still taking her baby group when I can.. Like we went today n last week but we haven't been to toddler group for few weeks now so hopefully we'll get to go this Wednesday.

I met a friend for lunch other weekend.. Was nice to see her and have a break.

Anyway I hope all u ladies are well.

Tiffany I hope ur well and ul be back on here soon. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

We have to go back to the hip clinic in a few weeks as Poppy needs a brace for 6 weeks to realign her hip (I’m really not looking forward to that).

She’s sleeping for around 3-4 hours sometimes in the day but I’m waking her every 2-3 in the hope she will eventually go longer at night. Tonight is the first night she’s done a good stretch and my husband gave her an expressed bottle around 10 and I did a dream feed at 11 so that might be the way forward.

I can’t belibe she’s going to be a month old on Thursday - you are right it has gone so quickly.

We’ll done on getting Jack in his cot Butterfly1 -what has he slept in until then. We have a Moses basket but i can’t see Poppy lasting longer than a few months in that - we then only have the cot but it will be too soon to have her in that.

Toni - it sounds like Arielle is starting to do longer periods in her cot which is good. Stick with it as I’m sure it won’t be long and she’s sleeping all the way through.

We went to baby massage today too which was really good. That’s on for 5 weeks and then I am going to do buggy babies which is a class that meet every week and do a walk at our local beauty spot (it’s more for me to get back unto fitness) then I’ll probably do baby sensory with her when she’s a little bit older and won’t fall asleep or need to be attached to me.

I found the breastfeeding really hard but feel like it’s now starting to click into place - I’m really glad I persevered with it.

Right - little one is asleep which means I should be trying to get some sleep too.

Speak soon. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Happy Mothers Day ladies!

I hope you and your little ones are all well. xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies,

Thank u Butterfly :) Happy Mother's day to you and Nicola too. I hope u both had a lovely day and were spoilt.

Mine was pretty much normal day. My bf did go out n buy me a mummy and me scrap book from Arielle n said I'm getting something else he ordered online but it is just late.
He was recovering from a hangover from watching his football team play in the pub the day before so he was recovering most of the day so I was left to do everything for Arielle so no breakfast in bed for me. But in the evening I told him I needed time out so I left him to look after Arielle for a couple hrs so I could have a long bath n time to myself.. I thought was only fair as 8d been looking after her on my own all weekend n was tired.

I hope u both got help especially more so yesterday from ur partners.

Butterfly I hope u and Jack are doing well...

Tiffany I hope u are ok and ul be chatting to us on here again soon...

Nicola I hope u and Poppy are well.. I'm sorry to hear shel need to wear a hip brace.. But I know it's what she needs so it will help her n I hope it won't cause her discomfort.

I hope everything is going well with you.. Poppy is so beautiful in pics I see on fb of u both n u look so well. I hope u are getting as much sleep and rest as possible.

I hope u are being able to get Poppy to sleep longer at night.. I know it's hard to get them to bit its it a good idea to shorten her day naps like u said so shel sleep longer in the night.

Well done with breastfeeding.. It definitely does take a while to get use to it.. And 8 remember how painful it is especially at beginning... I can't believe I'm still breastfeeding Arielle just once a day in the morning.. She's nearly 17 months old so iv decided il stop when she's 18 months old. I never thought I'd do it so long but when I stop il replace it with a bottle of milk n she has a bottle before bed.. It's such a relief she's finally on vows milk after a few weeks it took to wean her off the formula on to cows milk..

Thanks Nicola.. Yea Arielle is doing better with sleeping.. But she is usually still in bed with me from around 2am in my bed n stays with me rest of night most nights coz I'm too tired to go back n forth to her cot so many times in her room.. So il be so glad wen we both finally get a good night sleep coz its hard to sleep with her in my bed.. She wakes up alot n gets fidgity.

Well done with baby massage classes.. I'm glad u enjoyed it with her.. It is really good isn't it. Me n Arielle enjoyed going wen she was 5 months old. That's great re you getting into buggy babies sounds like a good idea.. I hope u enjoy it.. You sound like ur doing an amazing job. I hope u and Poppy are both well. 8 can't believe she's a month old or nearly. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

Happy Belated Mother’s Day! I saw your recent pictures of Arielle - she has grown so much.

Sorry you didn’t get spoilt for Mother’s Day - you certainly deserved to be and glad you had some time out.

We’ve had the hip brace on a week now for Poppy so 5 more to go - I feel so sorry for her as it looks so uncomfortable but if it does the job then that’s all that matters.

Poppy isn’t sleeping well at the moment - she tends to go to sleep around 7:30-11 and then she’s difficult to settle at night so I’m having to go to bed around 8pm otherwise I don’t get a good block of sleep - she’s really windy which is waking her up so that really isn’t helping. Hoping it settles soon. Some of my NcT friends babies are sleeping for 5/6 hours so I’m hopinh Poppy will soon - I think breastfeeding babies do wake up more. It’s amazing you are breastfeeding still Toni - you should be so proud as it’s really hard.

I said I wanted to do 6 months of breastfeeding so I’ll be really pleased if I manage that.

How is everyone else doing?

Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi ladies,

I hope you are all well.

Toni I am sorry your mother days wasn't as special as it should have been. You sound like an amazing mum and really deserved to be spoilt and to have some 'me time'.

Nicola, I hope you had a lovely and special first mothers day!
I hope little Poppy is ok. At least she is too young to remember wearing the brace and you will be amazed at how fast the next 5 weeks go! I am sorry she is not sleeping well but you are right about breastfed babies. I remember when I used to go to a group and the mums would say about their new babies 'sleeping through' and Jack would wake every 2 hours and did so for a while! Its completely normal for a breastfed baby and she will start to sleep for longer periods as she gets older. It does get easier- hang in there!! Does her brace wake her?
Toni you are amazing for still breastfeeding little Arielle! I too breastfeed Jack his first feed (and then comfort feed him - basically when he lifts my top up! )- but I am planning to stop when he turns one as he is starting to bite sometimes and I am returning to work in May :( . He has two bottle feeds also.

How is Arielle sleeping now?

I cant believe Jack will be one next month. It is scary how fast this year has gone by!

Tiffany, I hope you and your partner are ok. Thinking of you.

Take care everyone.

xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Butterfly1,

She seems to be going longer periods now which is good and I’m getting up around 1 and 4 to feed her and settle her. She’s started to notice things around her which is lovely - as we walk room to room she’s taking it all in.

We are back at the hospital tomorrow to see if the brace is working so fingers crossed then it’s another 4 weeks and 6 weeks after that but only in the evening.

Wow - I can’t believe Jack will be 1 next month - that has flown by. Are you ready to go back to work?

I can’t believe Poppy is 6 and a half weeks old already!! It really does fly.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. X

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hi Ladies, sorry I'm always so long to reply on here lately.. I keep meaning to n then I get busy with Arielle plus my back has been hurting alot since Sunday is really frustrating n brings me down coz as u know with a lil one u can't exactly rest it... Iv been icing it n heating it and putting pain relief gel on it so I'm just hoping it will heal soon as I'm sure it will as iv had problems on off with it for like 20 yrs..

Anyway other than that I'm OK..

I hope u ok.. I hope u ladies are all OK.

Awww thank u for ur kind replies Nicola and Butterfly... Yes Arielle had definitely grown loads. I can't believe she'll be a year and a half in one months time.. Time goes so fast.

Oh thank u girls.. Yea I'm glad I got some time out on mothers day.. I definitely needed it to unwind.

Mayb my bf felt a bit bad cause the following wknd after mothers day as in Las Sunday he took me n Arielle out for lunch n my late mothers day present cam in the post was a candle with a photo of me n Arielle on the front and it said mum on it in a love heart is sweet n he gave me a card with a nice message in it...

Il finish my reply in a bit.. I just got Elle to sleep on me and need to put her in her cot.....

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Nicola I'm sorry to hear that the hip brace looks uncomfortable on Poppy but ur right as long as it does the job is what matters n hopefully it will go fast the time shel need to wear it for...

I'm sorry to hear ur having trouble getting Poppy to sleep for long periods.. It sounds a good idea that u try get an early night so u can have a bit of a sleep before ur up with her in the night.. I hope her sleep gets better for you..

Awww thank you Nicola.. It is mad how I'm still breastfeeding for so long.. I use to think I'd stop after 6 months n then a Yr so I'm surprised I'm still doing it myself but I'm greatful I can give Elle an extra feed if needed when she's teething n off her bottle.

She's teething again at moi so iv been giving her calpol before bed most nights coz it helps her to sleep n most nights I'm not having to give her more in the night. I think her back teeth are trying to come through.. Where she only has 4 front teeth still.

Definitely if u can breastfeed for 6 months is great.. It definitely ain't easy so I think it's really good if mum's are able to breastfeed their babies for any amount of time.

Butterfly thank you, that is really kind of you to say... As I said earlier in this msg I did get taken out for lunch n get a late present n card from my bf a week after mothers day.

Thank u Butterfly.. I can't believe Jack is nearly a Year old has gone fast. That's really good u are still also breastfeeding him. Oh no it sounds painful him biting you.. Is enough to make anyone want to stop. So a Year of breastfeeding him is really good.

Oh wow ur going back to work soon.. I hope you feel OK about it.. I know it won't be easy but I hope u settle back quickly n don't work too many hours wen you go back.

Some nights Arielle will sleep from about 9.30pm for mayb 3 or 4 hrs before waking up n hours back to sleep in her cot after a cuddle n usually ends up in my bed from about 2am for rest of the night... So I'm still finding it hard to get a good sleep. But coz she's teething again at moi she's waking up even more often. So it's normal for her to sleep in bed with me usually From about 2am.

How is Jack sleeping for u now? I hope ur getting more sleep...

Nicola I'm pleased to hear Poppy is sleeping longer periods for you.. It sounds like ur doing such a good job n taking to bein a mummy like a natural.

That is lovely she is taking things in more n more.

How did it go at hospital about Poppy's brace? "I hope it has been working n that sounds like it will be alot easier for her to only wear the brave in the evenings n not all the time.

Wow how is Poppy already 6 and a half weeks old.. Definitely goes fast.

I hope all u ladies are ok n ur Bubbas.

Tiffany I hope ur ok n we hear from u soon... X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

How are you all doing? I hope you had a lovely Easter.

I am tired! Little miss is quite unsettled at the moment - she’s feeding every half an hour / hourly in the day so not taking full feeds and is really fighting sleep. Sometimes she has two 10 minutes naps in the day. I actually don’t know how she does it. She seemed to get better at night and then it all seemed to go haywire when the clocks changed but last night she did 8-11 then 11:30-3:30 so a much better block for me. I’m actually going to bed at 8pm so that I can get a good few hours and my husband is giving her a bottle at 11 and bringing her up for then which is really helping.

We are back at the hospital a week today to see how Poppy is getting on with the brace - it will have been on for 5 weeks then.

Buttetfly1 - I can’t believe Jack is nearly 1. Where has that time gone? Have you gone back to work yet?

Toni - the breastfeeding is hard. I always said I wanted to do 6 months too and I reallly hope I can manage that. I’m two months down now though so I’m really pleased as the first few weeks I wasn’t sure I would be able to continue. It’s been hard this week as she’s been getting so worked up she won’t latch until she’s calmed down but she’s overtired because she doesn’t sleep in the day so I’m not sure how I will get her out of that cycle. I do have to remind myself she’s only 8 weeks though.

Hope you are ok Tiffany? Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, I hope u are all well..

Nicola sorry for such a late reply.. Been meaning to reply to you for ages. Time has just gone fast n iv been busy with Arielle n where I usually get help with her at weekends my bf had flu recently n then now he's got bad toothache n swollen from it so iv had no help at weekends lately n my back was so bad for past month.. Thankfully it's now better.

How are you and Poppy? She must of grown so much.. She's so adorable in ur pics.

How is Poppy doing with her feeding now and her sleeping? Wow ten minute naps are so short. I hope she is sleeping better for u. It sounds like she was doing alot better wen u Las msg on here.. It sounds like a good routine you have with ur hubby with feeding Poppy n going to sleep at 8pm is a good idea so u can function more wen ur up with her.

I should of done that wen Arielle was newborn coz I remember going to bed at 2am every night n not getting much sleep at all especially as with breastfeeding it's so often. How are u finding breastfeeding? I hope it's getting easier for u...

How did it go at the hospital with poppy and her brace?

I can understand u finding the breastfeeding hard especially like u said if poppy is over tired so has problems with latching. U have done so well to do it this long.. I hope it gets easier for you.. Time does go fast n especially as when you wean her shel need less milk. If you can do 6 months that's fantastic but just take it a month at a time.

I remember thinking I was going to give it up up the first few days as was so exhausted n I felt it was painful for so long and especially when they have growth spurts so they cluster feed as get more hungry but I can't remember how many months old that stage is.. Just keep at it for as long as you can but don't be hard on ur self if u stop before u planned too. I think ur doing a wonderful job n look n sound like a natural.

It's mad that I'm a bit sad about stopping breastfeeding as I stopped yesterday. So today was first morning Arielle didn't have a breastfeed.. I gave her a bottle instead.. As 18 months was my plan in the end to stop n I did it for an extra week coz I was bit hesitant to stop yet coz Elle is teething still n we are up every night.. It's really exausting n harder coz my bf been ill so iv had no help at wknds n in the week I always look after Elle day and night. Obviously I want to but I get worn out. Shel sleep in her cot in her room but always ends up in my bed n has been having calpol alot for her teething n teething gel. She's alot better in the day but quite clingy with me.

Iv been taking her park wen I can.. She loves outside n it puts her in a good mood.
I'm meant to go out with friends on Sunday for lunch n drinks.. I'm hoping my bf is well enough so I can go.. It be nice to have time to myself for few hrs. He's back at work today but face is really swollen still. I think he's mad going work n they mad letting him work but I can't make him go dentist n he doesn't see point in going n getting antibiotics so he's just taking neurofen n paracetamol. I accidentally banged his face today wen giving him a hug.. I felt so bad.. He had to take neurofen straight away. It made some of the swelling go down a bit but its still swollen. But I can't make him go dentist n as he said it's expensive. So I think that's why I'm more tired looking after him n Arielle. He usually cooks dinner coz I do everything for Arielle all day n night and hel usually have a bath after work n make dinner while I get Elle to sleep but we end up eating like 10.30pm is too late so iv been masking dinner Las couple weeks so we can eat earlier like 7pm.

I'm trying to get Elle to sleep earlier n up earlier. It's just hard to stick to it where we are up in the night alot.

She's been sleeping 2 hrs in her cot so I thought I would finally try to msg u back and I'm going to try get sleep before she wakes up.... She's doing well as usually around this time shel wake coz of her teething n need calpol.

Anyway Nicola I hope u and ur hubby n Poppy are all doing well and ur getting rest n sleep more.
You look so well in ur fb pics... Motherhood suits u.

Butterfly I hope u and Jack are both well? I'm sure u said u were going back to work this month.. I hope it's all going OK..

Tiffany I hope u are well too.

Sorry for my long reply... This is why I don't get to msg on here often coz I need time to
Write a long msg..

Take care ladies n I hope to hear from you soon x x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

I know what you mean about time going so fast - I wonder where the days go.

Poppy is well thank you and she’s had the harness off now which is amazing! I’m also getting used to the lack of sleep.

Poppy is doing well but she’s started being a bit fussy about taking a bottle now and I don’t know to do as I have spa day booked at the end of the month and my Mum is going to look after her.

Sorry your boyfriend hasn’t been able to help you recently - it’s hard isn’t it. My husband is out with a friend today but I’ve told him he has to do the bath and bedtime routine tonight befor I feed her so I can have a rest. I hope you can go out with your friends on Sunday.

You have done amazing to breastfeed for 18 months and I can understand why you feel sad stopping as it’s such a lovely bond. I have decided I’m going to treat myself to a breastfeeding necklace when I stop to remind myself of the journey and you send your breastmilk and they use that to make the necklace. How often did you feed once you started weaning? I think poppy feeds around 8-12 times and still cluster feeds around 6:30-8 which I don’t mind as if it means she sleeps longer I’m happy. She’s still waking 2/3 times in the night for a feed - usually 11 and 3/3:30 and if I’m lucky she sleeps until 7 but usually 6. I’m still going to bed early though so I can get a good block of sleep.

Hope everyone else is ok. X

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Nicola, good to hear back from you. Yea having a baby definitely speeds up time.. I think coz it's all about being busy with their routine.

Brilliant news to hear Poppy is doing well and no longer has to wear her harness. I bet ur so relieved n she must be so much more comfortable.

I hope Poppy will be fine with ur mum at the end of the month to take a bottle wen ur at ur Spa day... Iv heard having a piece of clothing that smells of u can help give Poppy comfort.

Yea it's def hard doing most of the care for ur baby on ur own.. No matter how old they are we all need time out to rest n sleep n to ourselves to function.
Thanks my bf is better now n so I should be able to meet my friends tomo. My bf went out last night so he's had his night out n he had Arielle Thursday night and helped out more yesterday coz he took the day off work n he said hel have Arielle tonight too.. Which is a great help n he can now give her a morning bottle n her breakfast. I think mayb he is trying to help more coz he knows it's always me doing everything n it is exhausting.

I hope ur hubby does do Poppy's bathtime n bedtime routine
As ur right u do need a rest. My bf has never bathed Elle n I actually asked him if he wanted to tonight but he said no he's too tired n mayb tomo.. I'm not going to false him.. I like bathing her.. I just thought it could be good for them both..

Awww thank you Nicola.. Yea it's sad to stop breastfeeding.. I do miss it n I think Arielle does as she lifts my top up sometimes but hopefully she'll learn soon we can't anymore as it's been 6 days... It is sad to stop but we had to eventually. A breastfeeding keck lace sounds like a great idea to get.
Are u finding breastfeeding any easier now?
Il finish this reply in a bit...