By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heart is broken...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
princess pink

Re: Heart is broken...

Post by princess pink »

Hey Nicola,

That is such exciting news that up be moving in to ur new HSE in a few months. This year will defiantly be ending on a high for u.
I thought of you yesterday coz I found out my French friend who was meant to come n stay with me in April n didn't come... She msg me n said its coz she's too tired coz she's 6 months prey with a baby girl. I'm so happy for her coz when I saw her last yr January we were both trying n she had previously had a miscarriage so she was really trying n has a 5 yr old boy too... Anyway then I msg another friend last night who I havnt spoken to in a while n she's 13 wks preg n she's still nervous as has no kids n she too had a miscarriage near to when I did...so I think its fate iv msg her on same day and I thought wow that's two friends sharing their good news on same day with me n I believe these things happen in 3s so I truly believe up be the 3rd one sharing ur good news with me very soon :)

Yea this weather makes everything better. I'm OK just tired from Arielle being up in the night a lot. I tried to nap while her dasd had her today but I couldn't n my backs Ben hurting again so I'm going to have a hot soak in the bath instead.

No I'm not goun to go back to my work is too far n rubbish money n I wouldn't have anyone to have Arielle n I don't want to leave her. So I'll think about trying to get a part time job nearer to home wen she's at least one yr old.

Thanks.. Yea its good Arielle enjoys her baby groups... I can't believe how much she crawls now.

I hope u n Butterfly are both OK. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

Well it's funny you say about things coming in 3s as I've found out I'm pregnant (again) it's totally unexpected with all the house stuff going on and my husbands brother passing that I think I ovulated later than normal and we've not really been preventing but not trying either as we said from next month onwards. I feel so scared and nervous but then part of me things whatever worries I have won't change the outcome. I've called the clinic and they have booked me in for a scan at 6+6 which is two weeks on Friday. I am just hoping and praying it's our time now and everything works out for us now.

Getting a part time job sounds good when Arielle is one and you can look for something you enjoy and will fit around you. I'm sure you will find something. You have to do what's right for you and your family.

It's my husband brothers funeral tomorrow which I'm really not looking forward to. As horrible as it is I just want it out the way so we can try and be positive about the house and pregnancy.

Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Omg Nicola ur pregnant :) That is brilliant news... I'm so happy for u. Congratulations :) I was sure us get prey very soon but thought it may take month or two more so this is brilliant that you are now especially as u said uv had so much going on that u weren't properly trying. I guess that is when you get prey quicker when you are not focussing on it so much.

Like it took about 7 months for me to get prey with Arielle which I thought was long after the first two times I'd got prey straight away so 7 months was long for me n it was only when I'd gone to my docs to ask about having tests coz I thought maybe I couldn't get preg that was when I later found out I was actually prey at that appointment a couple weeks later. Its like the more pressure we put on it the harder it is to get preg.

Of course ur scared n nervous is normal. All you can do is take it a day at a time n try to think positive. You are right that worrying won't change ur outcome. I was only just praying for u the other day. I hope ur scan date comes quick as in the two weeks wait don't drag... Remember to take folic acid or pregnacare n try take it easy. I'll pray for u n ur bubba.. I'm so happy for u n ur hubby... U so deserve this lil miricale rainbow baby... I def have a good positive feeling for u that all will be well.

How are u feeling?

It is sad u have u Hubby's brothers funeral today... I understand u want it over with n I hope it goes as well as it can do.... Its such sad n happy times for u at the same time. I hope u n ur hubby are OK.….

Thank u... Yea I hope I can find a part time job I enjoy to fit around Arielle.. The thought of it is scary as I just want to stay home with her... Coz I don't want to leave her n iv lost my confidence where I haven't worked for 10 months where iv been on maternity leave. Iv had my last months maternity money even thou I'm on maternity till beg Aug.

My twin sis came over yesterday with her three youngest kids.. Was nice to see them after about 6 wks it's been.. We went to the park n spent some time at mine. She was happy that Arielle was happy to spend time with her n she got to see her crawl.. She's getting faster at it.

Iv got to take Arielle to be weighed today... I hope its good news.

Anyway sending u hugs n I'm so happy for u n hope today goes OK.

Butterfly I hope u n Jack n hubby are well. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thanks Toni,

I am trying to stay positive and I'm actually not thinking about it much which is definitely helping and we've been busy with house things and the funeral etc.

My scan is 16th June and I should be 6+6 it seems ages away but if I go at that point I'll know for sure if things are ok as I was worried if I went earlier and it was too early it may just worry me so I think that's ok. In the meantime I just have to stay positive and hope this time around things are different.

I'm feeling ok though and no real symptoms to report yet.

The funeral went ok yesterday, or as well as a funeral can go anyway. Just glad that part is done and they can hopefully start to move on.

I can understand it must be quite daunting thinking about looking for a job because you don't want to leave Arielle and a year away from working will make it difficult to get back into a routine again but I am sure you will find something when the time is right.

It's nice your sister visited and you can go to the park (especially when the weather is so nice) I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can enjoy some of the lovely sunshine. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

AWWWW AMAZING NEWS!! HUGE congratulations Nicola!!! :D :D :D So this means you conceived in May as your mother (mother in law?) predicted so this could be your little girl!!!! Jack and I are so happy for you. I have a feeling all will be well this time Nicola. This is your year!!!

I hope you are feeling well? The scan date will soon come round. I cant stop smiling Nicola-this is such lovely news! Take things easy.

Princess I hope you are Arielle are well and hope your back is feeling better and that you are managing to get some rest when Arielle sleeps.

Jack and I are good. Jack is now smiling and squealing which is the best thing ever :)

Take care ladies :D

xxx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Butterfly1,

Yes it was May which my mum had been predicting since January and I was so sure with all that had been going on with the house and husbands brother that it couldn't possibly have happened and it had. I got 3+ on a digital test yesterday which is a good sign, I never reached that stage with my last pregnancy. Now just got to try and stay positive until my scan next week.

Lovely to hear that jack is smiling. It must be an amazing feeling when they start to interact. I'll keep you all updated anyway Ladies but keep everything crossed for me. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

That sounds like a good sign Nicola! Jack and I have everything crossed for you and your baby bean :wink: .

Take care xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey ladies,

I just replied to you both n coz I had to stop to see to Arielle half way through.. When I sent it it logged me out how annoying.

Anyway Nicola I'm glad ur feeling OK n positive re ur pregnancy and that's good news about your recent prey test. I'll be praying for you and keeping every I crossed for you for your scan next week. I'm sure all will go well and did you know its father's day on 16th so I think that's a good sign for your hubby for your scan.

Yea I don't want to go back to work n leave Arielle when she's so young.. The thought of it makes me worry n her dad doesn't understand coz its easy for him to leave her to go work or a night out so he doesn't get it.. I would rather wait till she's about age 2… especially after waiting so long for her but I know I'll have to return to work sooner.
Hopefully I'll find something part time n closer to home than my last job....

Yea it was good to see my sis n kids…i hope you got out in the sunshine...

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Butterfly I'm glad you and Jack are both well. How lovely for you that he is smiling n squealing. It must b lovely for you to see. I hope your getting rest n sleep when you can.

I'm OK thanks n Arielle is well.. She's always on the go.. Crawling n trying to climb.

My back still been hurting but it's not as bad as it was thanks.

Arielle wakes up less in the night lately n some night's she sleeps through is great. I still get tired so need to start trying to go to bed earlier as I stay up for quite a while after I get Elle to sleep to have time to myself.

I hope both you ladies are well. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thanks both.

I will of course keep you both updated next week. Luckily my scan is early so I don't have to spend the day worrying myself sick. Part of me just wants to get it done and part of me doesn't as at this moment I am pregnant and I don't want to know if it's bad. Must keep positive until next week.

Keep sending me positive vibes. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, How are you both? I hope your well.
Nicola I hope ur pregnancy is still going well.. I know exactly what you mean about ur scan n it is good its early in the morning. I am really sure all will be well but I know its hard to not worry. I am sending you positive vibes n praying for you n it bubba.
My twin sis came to mine on sat with my 10 yr old nephew n she was a great help with Arielle feeding n changing her n making all her bottles n playing with her n then u dropped me off where I was going as I actually went out for few hrs for a friends birthday drinks. It was OK n I coped leaving Elle with her dad for 4 hrs. It was OK n I got bit drunk n felt terrible all the next day n Arielle woke me about 3 times in the night. But it was good to get out for a bit.

Poor Arielle has been teething a lot last few days n getting upset in the night n day.. Iv been using teething gel j giving her tethers to bit on n yesterday took her to the park on the swings which I think she enjoyed.

I hope you both have a good day. x x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Good luck for your scan Nicola. I will be thinking of you and sending you and your hubby lots of positive vibes. We have everything crossed for you xx

Princess I hope you are managing to get some more sleep and I hope little Arielle is ok. Arielle sounds like she is thriving and so active !! The teething sounds awful though :( . I am glad you went out for the evening with your friends and had a good evening and I am glad to read your back is starting to getting better.

Take care ladies xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, How are you both?I hope your both OK...

Nicola I'm thinking of u today & I'm wishing you n ur hubby lotsa luck for ur scan this morning. I'm really hoping all will go well n I'm sure it will do. I'm crossing everything for you n sending you lotsa hugs n love.

Thank you Butterfly :) Yes Arielle is very active n doing well n literally trying to grab nget into everything. She is trying to pull herself to standing up in her cot but can't do it yet.
Yes her teething is not been good for her at moi n mostly affects her at night.. I was up a lot with her last night giving her calpol n teething gel. She's a bit better this morning but I have to keep giving her teethers n teething gel.

Thanks it was good to get out for a few hrs. My bf is going to Wales tomo for few days to see his mum who's still not well with dementia.. So it be good for them to spend time together.. I'm staying home with Arielle coz journey is so long n it disrupts her routine.. I can't believe she turned 8 months yesterday.

How are in baby Jack? How are you finding things?I hope you are both well. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

All went well this morning and I'm measuring at 6+2 which is slightly behind my dates but she said that's nothing to worry about and I'll probably catch up as it's so early. We saw a heartbeat too which was amazing. Obviously we've been at this point before so we are excited but apprehensive, however, for now things are good. I have another scan in 2 weeks to make sure things are progressing and that will date me further than my longest pregnancy so keep everything crossed for me girls.

I actually have morning sickness (well nausea) which I've never had before so that is really helping to reassure me and makes me worry slightly less. Although when I have it I feel terrible I don't mind because I'll take anything for a healthy, happy baby.

Hope you are both doing ok? It looks like it should be a lovely weekend.

Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Awww Nicola that is great news!! Huge congratulations to you and your hubby :D :D In the nicest possible way I am happy to hear you are having nausea as its a great sign baby is growing healthy and strong ;) It is literally the only time in our lives that we are happy to feel sick!! I bet it was amazing seeing the heartbeat. That's another huge hurdle jumped Nicola. Take it easy over the next two weeks if you can till your next scan. Does this mean baby will be due near your anniversary?

Princess I am happy to hear you and Arielle are well (apart from the teething). I can't believe Arielle is 8 months old already ! The time has flown by! I am sorry to hear about your partners mum- that must be really hard.

Jack is fab. He has his 1st set of immunisations on monday which I am dreading :(

Have a great weekend ladies xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Nicola Wow that's amazing news :) Massive Congrats to you n hubby :) I'm excited for u both. You must be so happy n relieved. Sickness is def a good healthy sign as horrible as it is. I had it from early on with Arielle. I def reccomend nibbling on ginger biscuits n these travel sickness wrist bands which you can buy from a chemist.. They def help.. I even slept with them on sometimes.
I know its scary waiting for each scan but you've got through this one and I'm sure ur next one will go well too.. Just take it easy n look after itself n I'll keep praying for you. I'm so happy for you n I bet you have a mixture of emotions.

Butterfly Thanks.. Yea teething is not nice but thankfully the teething gel works well.. We are still waiting for her first tooth. Yea I know its mad how Arielle is 8 months old now.. She's doing we'll n is still really small but I'm happy she's eating well n developing well. She's really good with trying new foods coz I started with just puree fruit n veg n now she will eat things like scrambled eggs n beans n feed herself chunks of veg or fruit n will eat my veggie or meat lasagne I made for first time which I did puree for her. I weighed her today & she's 13&3\4 lbs which I know is still small but she def looks bigger.

Thanks, yea its sad re my bf mum.. She's been I'll for a while now n she has carers as well as her husband to look after her. I'm glad she got to meet Arielle a few months back n that my bf will get to spend time with her.

I am glad Jack is fab :) I bet he's lovely. Oh no the injections... I know its hard to not worry but it will be over with quick n then you can give him lotsa cuddles. I hope they go OK.

I hope you n Nicola both enjoy ur weekends x x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thanks both. My current due date is around 5th February but I know that can change, February is birthday month in both our families with my husbands parents, both of mine and also my sister so there will be another one to buy for.

I'm definitely taking it easy and am doing lots of walking instead of my usual running to keep fit.

I'm telling my Dad today as it's Father's Day and our scan went well so I know he will be excited.

I just need to get through the next 5-6 weeks and I think then I'll be able to get excited.

Hope you are both having great weekends and enjoying this beautiful weather. Xxx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey ladies, How are you both? I hope ur both well. Iv Been meaning to come on here for a while but haven't had the chance.

Nicola that is so exciting your due date being in Feb.. It's hard when you have lotsa birthdays in the same month.. We were lucky Arielle being born in October is a month that we have no other family members birthdays in.

Its good ur taking it easy and doing walking for exercise and not running just to be safe.

When I was prey I use to go for works for exercise and I did antenatel Pilate's from a DVD workout I have and I did it up until I was 7 months prey and had to stop then cause I was too heavily prey n my pelvic groin pain I got in preg was too painful.

Awwww that is lovely.. I bet that was such a great father's day prez for ur dad to be told he is going to be a grandad :)

How are u feeling now? I hope ur prefix going OK n uurgettig enough rest n don't worry urnext scan will be here before you know it.

Iv just been busy looking after Arielle, taking her to baby groups and I took her swimming for first time last week n she enjoyed it so I'll def be coin it again. I tink I may try get her to learn to swim soon from this young or maybe in a couple months as I want her to learn young especially as I didn't learn til I was 10.

I went to my bf friends HSE warming BBQ on sat.. It went OK mother kids were there n another ba y bit younger than Arielle. It was OK n my bf got quite drunk but I only had a little to drink as I was busy lookin after Elle.

My bf had a week off work so we got to spend more time together. But he sure likes a lye in.. Which of course I never have with Arielle.

She's been waking up a lot at night which can be tough no think it's to do with the heat.
Hope you ladies are both doing OK. X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

I'm feeling ok thanks. My next scan is on Friday and this is the one I am most worried about as it's the point I had my missed miscarriage confirmed with our longest pregnancy and my biggest fear is another missed miscarriage. I feel like my symptoms have lessened in the last week or so two which is worrying me but I'm trying to stay positive as it's not long until friday.

It's good you have been getting out and about with Arielle - I bet she loves it.

We still don't have a moving date yet but hopefully it won't be too long. Would love to be in next month so we can enjoy a but of summer before it disappears.

My friend who had an ectopic gave birth on Friday so I'm going to see her tomorrow and her new baby boy which I'm really excited about.

Hope you are getting on ok butterfly1? Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi ladies,

Sounds like Arielle is keeping you busy Toni. I hope she is sleeping longer at night now that the weather has cooled a bit. I hope you are managing to catch up on some rest during the day if/when Arielle sleeps. Jack had his injections on the hottest day so I think the calpol knocked him out as he slept the best night that day. He has since returned to waking 2-3 hourly, but he settles quickly after a feed. I bet Arielle is loving the baby groups. Do you enjoying going to the groups? Are they friendly?

Not long until your scan now Nicola. Please try not to worry- easier said than done I know. I understand how anxious you must be feeling.I am glad you are staying positive and the fact you are not bleeding or having pain is reassuring. I will be thinking of you Friday. What a perfect present for your dad!
Hopefully you will get a moving date soon. Exciting times ahead (and no packing or lifting for you!!!! :P ).

I have signed Jack and I up for baby yoga next month. He will probably cry all the way through it but I thought it might be fun!

Take care ladies and try and get some rest xxx