By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heart is broken...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
princess pink

Re: Heart is broken...

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, sorry it keeps taking me so long to reply to your messages.
I hope u are all well. I can't believe how near Christmas is.

Nicola I am glad you are feeling a bit better about things and ur right if u do need medication it will hopefully be only for a short while and it is to help ur baby. How did ur appointment go? It's great ur on maternity leave now.. How was ur last day at work and how are u feeling in ur self now? I hope u are getting enough rest... It must feel good to finally be on maternity leave.

Thank u Nicola :) No we haven't had snow that has settled here.

I can't believe how soon ul be a mummy is great n so exciting. My friend has just had her baby boy a few weeks early as she was due new yrs day. I can't wait to see them hopefully in the new year...

Have u got any baby names yet... I hope u get lots of rest now u are on leave.. And Don't try to do too much. Have u got everything ready for Bubba? Have u packed ur hospital bag yet? I think I packed mine 2 wks before I was due so it was Sat there for a month. X x x

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies sorry having to reply in stages again to u all...

Tiffany I hope ur ok...

I hope u won't have to work Christmas eve...

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Sorry I pressed sent coz Arielle just woke up crying so had to go get her..

Ur right it will happen when it's meant to n hopefully this month.. Fingers crossed for u. It's good idea to try not just fertie period.. I really hope this is ur month.

I know Tiffany my birthday is so close to Christmas.. Yea ur right.. Growing up with me n my twin near Xmas n our brother n other sis also in December so we were mainly all born near Xmas so could have joint presents or separate ones with birthday n Christmas.

Oh that is nice ur sis shares a birthday with u dad is sweet.

I hope u are ok n got some time off work over Christmas x x x

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Butterfly I hope u are ok.. Thank u for ur sweet reply.
Thank u I do feel better than I was before... Ur so right being a mum is wonderful n I know I'm blessed every day but it is very hard n like u said especially wen u do most of things ur self...

Thanks alot :) No don't worry u have not missed my birthday as its tomorrow 23rd December. I am going out to dinner tomorrow eve to tgi Friday's w6 my twin sis n our lil families n my niece n bruv n kids n my friends so should be a nice evening out.. I think il have a few drinks too.

I'm so sorry to hear u n Jack have been ill n I hope u are both feeling better.

I'm really sorry to hear Jack has had bronchitis must of been so scary for u. I'm really glad he's better now..

Awww that is so wonderful that Jack can now crawl n pull himself up to standing.. U must be so proud. Bless him.. Clever boy. It's lovely to see wen they are proud of themselves.

How old is Jack now,?

Oh really Jack still sleeps in ur bed too is hard isn't it but its nice u get to have all the cuddles. If u tackle it after Xmas mayb u can give me some tips.

Awww thank you.

I hope u and Nicola and Tiffany all have a lovely Xmas n get spoilt n all get lots rest.

X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the delayed response - you would think now I have finished work I would have more time to respond but it seems I have less.

Happy Birthday Toni by the way.

My hospital appointment last week went much better than expected - I thought they were going to suggest I take medication but she said they were happy for me to stay diet controlled and that because my growth scan and weight gain is all in the normal range they aren’t too concerned - she even said have Christmas Day off and don’t worry about taking your levels but I’m still going to be sensible. They don’t need to see me now until 36 weeks which is great.

Are you all ready for Christmas? I can’t believe it’s Christmas Eve tomorrow.

Buttetfly1 - how is Jack now? My baby shower is 6th January so not long at all. I have to say it’s all flying by at the moment but I guess it’s a busy time of year and January will probably drag. I’m feeling well and actually think I am feeling better since changing my diet - I guess I’m not having the sugar highs that I was before.

Tiffany - are you working Christmas Eve? I hope not and glad you have Christmas Day off. Any signs this cycle of anything?

Toni. Really hope you have had a lovely birthday and a nice meal at TGIs. I haven’t packed my hospital bag yet (well I started too) I realised it isn’t big enough so I’m going to order a small cabin size suitcase instead as I had no idea I would need so much. I’ve seen s lovely Ted Baker one but it’s expensive so I’m waiting to see if it ends up in the sale. Is Arielle excited for Christmas? I bet she still doesn’t understand does she?

Really hope all you ladies have the most wonderful Christmas and I’ll catch up with you all soon. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, I hope u are all well and had a great Christmas. Happy new year to you all. Sorry for late reply....

Thanks Nicola :)

Oh that is such great news that u don't need to take medication.. I bet ur so relieved. It must be hard to have a controlled diet but much better to have to do that n not take medication. I hope u were still able to enjoy Christmas n have some treats still.

How are u feeling? You must be feeling really big pregnant now.. It's so exciting that u haven't got long.. Is it beginning of Feb ur due?

My friend was due Jan 1st but was induces early n had her son Dec 14th... They are both doing well now but was in hospital for a while n moved hse few days before she had her son. I haven't met him yet as waiting till she's ready for visitors.

Ooh ur baby shower is this Saturday. I hope it goes really well.. And u get lovely gifts.

Thank u Nicola, yes I had a nice birthday at tgi Friday's n I got some lovely gifts. My bf got me a lovely mummy pillow made for Christmas from Arielle with pics of me n Arielle on it n it says Love u mummy on it is really sweet.

It's definitely a great idea to have a small suitcase as a hospital bag as u need so much. I had a small suitcase for myself as a hospital bag n I used my new yummy mummy nappy changing bag to put things in for Arielle.. U just need so much n u need smaller n bigger baby clothes coz u don't know how big or small ur baby will def be. I hope u get it packed soon so u know it's done.

How exciting ur 36 weeks.. It feels like it's gone fast but probably not for u.

No Arielle didn't understand Christmas but she did enjoy it n got hyper n excited with her new toys n opening presents n she loved her new buggy n baby doll from my sis she walks so fast wen pushes it.

I got theatre tickets from my bf to go see musical Annie up London later this month for Christmas, and a digital photo frame. So I'm taking my sis to the theatre to see it. Plus I had other nice gifts for birthday n Christmas so I was spoilt.

I hope all u ladies are well n got spoilt over Christmas x x x

1deskmoz

Post by 1deskmoz »

Know how you can effectively and efficiently proofread your academic work before submission with Dissertation Proposal Writing Service.

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

My baby shower was lovely - you have probably seen all my pictures now.

It feels like I’m on maternity now too as before it was Christmas and it felt like my normal holiday but it’s all coming around so quickly. I ordered a pushchair two weeks ago which is now out of stock - I’m really hoping it arrives before baby does. I have another scan tomorrow at 36+4 to see how she’s growing because of the diabetes.

Glad you had a nice Christmas and birthday. Sounds like you had some nice gifts too.

Hope everyone else is doing ok? X

hinterfeld

Post by hinterfeld »

Maybe many people do not know about this but the light in the aquarium is as important as the food for the fishes. One needs to choose a good aquarium supply store or the best online aquarium store to get the aquarium lights.

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hi Nicola, I'm glad to hear ur baby shower went well. Yea I saw ur pics on fb. I love ur pic when u revealed ur baby's gender... Is lovely to see how excited and proud u look. I bet it's a relief that now u don't have to keep it a secret that ur having a baby girl.

Oh no.. I'm sorry to hear about ur buggy... I hope u get it on time before ur baby is born. I remember having problems when I ordered mine n I got it alot later than planned n was too worried I'd not get It in time but luckily I did. I hope u get urs very soon.

How did ur scan go last week?
I hope baby is a good size and ur both doing well. How are u feeling?
You must be feeling really tired now ur far in ur pregnancy. I hope u are getting plenty of rest n sleep when u can. It's so exciting that ur baby girl will be here soon. You look so well in ur pics, so glowing.. Pregnancy really suits u.

Thank u, yes I had a nice birthday n Xmas n nice gifts. I hope u had a nice Christmas too.

I hope u other ladies has a lovely Christmas n that ur all doing OK n having a great start to the year. X x x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi ladies,

How are you all?

I am glad to read you all had a lovely Christmas. Happy New year to you all!!

How are you feeling Nicola? Not long now!! How exciting!! Make sure you get plenty of rest :wink: Is your hospital bag all packed and ready to go? Dont forget to make sure the car always has plenty of petrol!!! :wink: :wink: I am so happy your baby shower went well. I bet everyone was thrilled for you both. Have you thought about the labour and if you want any pain relief? My advice would be to be open minded and just go with the flow ( although I appreciate I was very lucky with my labour). Any twinges or period type pains?

How are you and Arielle, Toni? I hope you are both well. How is the sleeping? Jack is still in our bed! I tried the controlled crying but couldn't do it and I actually missed having him in our bed! That's bad isn't it!! Has Arielle started to say any words? How are you feeling?

Jack is just amazing and his little personality is really starting to shine through. His latest little craze is growling which can be a little bit embarrassing!!! I had my meeting with work last week and I am set to return in April which I am really dreading :(

Tiffany how are you? I hope you and your husband had a great Christmas. This is going to be a good year for you I am sure. :wink: I hope you are keeping well and that work is ok.

Take care xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

It’s been an eventful week. We had our scan last Wednesday and found out the baby was breech (after the midwife saying she’s been head down). We saw a consultant afterwards and they offered us 3 options so a breech birth (we declined as the risk for something going wrong is really high) an ECV or c-section.

We went back on Monday and tried the ECV which is trying to turn the baby, unfortunately it wasn’t successful so they have booked me in for **-section on 1st Feb which is only two days before my due date! Obviously if I go into labour before I have to go to the hospital as soon as I can as they will need to do an emergency c-section. Really not the birth plan I had in mind but I just want her here safely now so will do all that is needed.

Our pushchair arrived too so we are definitely ready.

Butterfly1 - are you going back to work part time? It will be hard I’m sure but I bet part of you will enjoy seeing adults everyday again and not talking about babies. That’s what my friends say anyway. I know a few of my friends said they wouldn’t co sleep and then they did. I think you just do what’s right as you just don’t know until they are here.

Toni - glad you had a lovely Christmas. How is Arielle doing?
My baby shower was lovely and it’s nice now because I know I won’t slip up. Everyone was really happy for me. My friend who had 3 miscarriages all the same time as me gave birth to a baby boy on Thursday - she was 10 days ahead of me so it’s made it all very real.

Tiffany - how are you? Haven’t heard from you for a while so hope all is ok. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Ladies, I didn't realise u had msg on here again till the other day n been trying to get a chance to reply.

Butterfly Happy New Yr to you too :)

I am well thank you, Arielle is not well since Wednesday night wen we were up til 4am cause she has a bad cold n nose constantly running n she's so bunged up.. It's harder for her at night time so we have had even less sleep at night coz of her cold waking her up n so iv been giving her calpol in the night n feeding her in the night which eventually helps her to get back to sleep.

Butterfly in general her sleeping is still the same where she will sleep in her cot for a while but always ends up in bed with me n after trying to put her back in her cot a few times I give in n she sleeps the night with me.

Oh really so Jack is still sleeping with u.. It's not silly that u missed him wen he wasn't in bed with u coz I'm the same with Arielle wen she is in her cot through part of the night. So part of me wants her to keep sleeping with me but then I know it's best that hopefully one day soon she will sleep through the night in her cot again coz we would both get a better sleep.

Is controlled crying wen u leave them to cry for certain amount of time before u pick them up? I'm not surprised u couldn't do it.. I Don't think I could n that's what My bf wants to do with Arielle coz he says otherwise she'll still be in our bed at age 10 n he loves comparing her to his friends at work baby who they did it with n after 3 nights of crying she now sleeps in her cot alone but I said all babies are different...

But he said hel do it n obviously if Arielle goes hysterical crying hel pick her up.. But I said hel have to wait till she's well again.. But I am dreading it thou. They are only lil once so I don't want to force it..

Yea Arielle says hiya alot even to strangers especially kids n to herself in the mirror n to her toys sometimes... She says dad n daddy n Yea and she says mum now but not to me. She calls me ninny and nin and Nan n nanny but more ninny than nan lol.

Awww I bet Jack is lovely... That's so cute he growls... I bet he's growing so much. How old is he now? I bet he's adorable.. Is he crawling? I hope u and Jack are well.

I'm sorry to hear about u have to go bk to work in April.. I know it be hard but at same time it be good for u both.. Will it be part time?

I hope u and Jack are both well... Sorry il finish this in bit as need charge phone...

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

I'm back again...

I'm going to Wales on Monday till Thursday with my bf and Arielle to stay with my bf family. Of course I understand why he wants to see his family n especially with his mum still ill with Dementia he wants her to see Arielle and we haven't taken Arielle there since Feb last Yr wen she was 4 months old so I get why he wants us to go with her... I'm just dreading the long journey takes 5 to 7 hrs by train and also staying there with Arielle will be hard not being at home with her with all her things n having to share her with his family but I'm hoping it will go better than I think n that Arielle will feel well by then...

Nicola how are you? I'm so excited for you how soon ul be having and meeting ur Bubba girl.
I'm sorry to hear ur baby is breech and that the EVC didn't work in turning her around..
I'm sorry for u that ul now have to have ** section but ur right the main thing is u having ur baby girl born safely and in your arms.
Wow so ul be having ur baby girl on February 1st is so soon is next Thursday isn't it... I know u must feel a mixture of emotions about it. I'm so excited for u and il be praying for you for everything to go well which I'm sure it will. Awww ur baby will share a birthday with my twin sister's bf birthday is February 1st too.

How are you feeling in ur self.. I hope u and Bubba are well n ur getting plenty of rest.. I remember how hard it gets being pregnant the bigger u get.. I hope u are getting sleep wen u can.

That is great u have u pushchair now.
I can't wait to hear the wonderful news when you've had ur baby girl. Ul be such an amazing mummy.

I'm glad ur baby shower went really well and it must be a relief to not have to keep it a secret anymore must of been hard.. I think if it was me I would of slipped up.

I'm sorry to hear about ur friend having 3 miscarriages but that is wonderful news she now has a baby boy.. Yea I bet that made it more real for u.

Arielle is doing well but unfortunately has a cold so she's all bunged up which I mentioned in my msg before this... She perks up more in the day n is still eating pretty well but it's made her very clingy n not herself as much.. It affects her more at night time... Iv put a pillow under her mattress in her cot and put vapour rub on her chest n tummy to help her breathe better coz she's so bunged up. She's asleep at moi in her cot for just over a hour but she'll probably end up in my bed with me like she has been still doing n if needed il give her more calpol in the night n give her more milk if she wants it. Hopefully she will be well soon as it's horrible seeing her poorly especially at night time wen she struggles to sleep well. I took her to Adventure land soft play other day and she loves it n is so sociable with other babies n kids is so lovely to see.

Anyway please keep us posted how u are.. Il kp praying for you and ur Bubba to stay safe n well n for everything to go well on Thursday. I'm so excited for u..

Tiffany how are u? I really hope u are ok n we hear from you soon. I really hope this Year is positive for u.

I forgot to say to u all that I went to the theatre yesterday in London with my twin sister to see the musical Annie was really good n was my Christmas present from my bf. I felt bad leaving Arielle where she was ill but she was with her dad so she was OK n I gave her lotsa cuddles when I got home in the evening.

I'm sending hugs to u ladies n hope to hear from you soon x x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

Is Arielle any better now? Must be horrible seeing them poorly.

I’m feeling quite well actually. Had a scan last week and they estimated 7lb 11oz so think she could be a good size on Thursday when she’s here - if theses scans are accurate.

I have the hospital this afternoon for my pre operation appointment and don’t really know what to expect. Think they have to take blood to make sure you have enough platelets and know your blood type so it’s on standby and then hopefully run through what happens on the day. I really am hoping to get skin to skin and delayed cord clamping so hope that’s still possible with **-section.

I’ll keep you all updated anyway.

Hope your week has been ok with your boyfriends parents.

Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Nicola, Arielle still has cold n bit of cough but she's alot better now thank you.. I haven't had to give her calpol for couple days now so I think she's on the mend. It was scary how much she was dribbling kept soaking her clothes... I had to keep changing her n she kept feeling hot but her temperature is normal now n she's still bunged up but more her lively self now thankfully...

I'm pleased to hear that ur feeling well. That's great news about ur baby's scan.. Wow 7lb 11oz is a really good weight so that's really reassuring to hear.

I hope ur pre opp appointment went well.

Oh are u.. I really hope u get skin to skin too with u baby too.. I hope u got them to answer all ur questions at appointment. Yea please keep us posted.. Il try kp checking my phone every day for these emails.

Thank u.. We arrived at my bruv parents hse last night at 7om n are staying till Thursday. It's going OK but tough being away from home. Arielle is loving all the space to walk around here x x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi ladies,

Awww how exciting Nicola. Not long now. You will soon have your precious daughter in your arms :D . I hope your appointment went well and I hope they have reassured you that you definitely can have skin to skin and delayed cord clamping with **-section. I am so glad to read you are feeling well. These last few days are exhausting!! Baby is a good weight! I cant wait to read your news that she has arrived!!

Toni I am so sorry to read Arielle is poorly. It is so horrible when they are ill. I hope she is starting to get better by now. Sounds like you will be getting lots of lovely country air at your bf's family. I am glad you arrived safely and I hope you all have a nice week. It must be so sweet hearing Arielle speak. I cant wait for Jack to start saying words. He says 'dada' but not in context! He still often growls and roars!! Toni- please do not feel guilty for having a night out at the theatre. The show sounds great and you really deserve a night out!

Jack is now 9 months and is crawling all over the place!! He pulls himself up and cruises the furniture and can now walk with his 'walker'. He has a big beaming smile on his face when he takes his steps- it is so sweet and he is clearly very proud of himself, and I am very proud of him too! I am returning to work part time (3 days a week) and absolutely dreading it. Hopefully we will win the lottery so I dont have to go back to work. :lol:

Take care everyone and get some rest.

Thinking of you all and Good luck Nicola - you are about to experience the most amazing feeling ever !! :D xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Thinking of you today Nicola and praying for you and Bubba for it all to go well. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Butterfly il reply to u when I get chance.. I hope u are well.

Tiffany I hope u are well too n to hear from you soon.

X x x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

I hope everyone is well.

Nicola I hope all went well and hope you are enjoying these precious first days and having lots of cuddle time! I hope you are feeling ok and recovering well.

Take care all

xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

Just to let you know Poppy Rae arrived on Thursday 1st February at 14:30pm. Very traumatic c-section as her heart rate dropped and they had to deliver her really quickly and my husband came into the room and didn’t know what was happening. They got her out in 3 minutes and she was taken to the neo natal team and given some oxygen - she recovered really quickly but those 3/4 minutes of my life felt like a lifetime and I thought we had lost her. My husband passed out in theatre as he saw them trying to get her out me quickly and it was quite brutal. Obviously I didn’t get the cord clamping but they brought her in to me and I got some skin to skin which was amazing. I am so madly in love with her and can’t even imagine what life was life before her. It’s the most amazing feeling and I think when you have been though difficult pregnancies you appreciate it so much more. Xx