By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heart is broken...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Nicola1720

Re: Heart is broken...

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

Scan went well today. I'm measuring 8+4 and all looked perfect. Still in shock as I expected to hear those awful words again. Have another scan in 2 weeks and then I'm discharged into the standard antenatal unit for care. Still feel like I can't get too excited but each day gives me a little extra hope.

Baby yoga sounds so much fun too. I hope jack enjoys it.

How are you finding being a Mum? Hard work but so worth it? I can't even imagine how amazing it must feel.

Hope you are on Toni and Arielle too? Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

That is fab news Nicola :D :D :D
Hopefully you and hubby can relax a little more now (hard I know). I am so excited for you !!! Try to enjoy the pregnancy feeling if you can and knowing what a precious little miracle you have growing in your tummy!!! :D Any sign of a tiny bump yet?

Honestly, I am loving being a mummy and already dreading the thought of having to go back to work :( It is tiring (especially as boys are like fountains and I cant tell you how many times Jack has piddled on our bed sheets in the middle of the night!!) but it is so worth it especially when they look at you and give a big smile. Makes it all worth while and you will be experiencing it all soon!! :D Take care and get plenty of rest.

Toni, I hope you and Arielle are well?

take care xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thanks. I'm definitely going to try and enjoy it a little and we even saw tiny arms and legs yesterday which melted my heart. I've definitely got the beginnings of a bump which I love although I'm obviously trying to hide.

When are you due back to work? Will it be part time when you go back?

I've started to get evening nausea which isn't great but I'm not complaining in the slightest. I'll take anything for a healthy baby. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hi Ladies,

Nicola I didn't realize ur next scan was on Friday... Congratulations :) I'm so glad to hear that ur lil bubba is doing well. I can imagine how scared you were going for ur scan after what UV been through before. You must feel so relived. That's so cute u could see tiny arms n legs n that u have a lil bump already.

I understand ur still nervous n find it hard to let itself get excited.. But two healthy scans are so positive n before you know it up have ur next scan n then it be your 12 wks scan n u can stop hiding ur bump n tell people ur good news. I know its all scary but I'm positive all will continue to be Fine so I hope you can continue to enjoy ur preg more each day. I'm very excited for you. Sorry re ur morning n eve sickness but it means all will be well n it won't last forever. I hope your getting rest n before u know it u can go baby shopping. Will you find outur baby's sex? I think up have a girl.

Butterfly Arielle is waking less at night but she is still waking most nights... I sometimes try nap wen she does but I can't always sleep in day n usually have things to do.

I'm glad Jack sleptwell after his injections n I hope it wasn't too emotional for you n that he was OK quickly as I know its horrible for baby n mum.
Oh wow every two to three hrs him waking up must make you so knackered.. I hope you get to have naps too n u get help from his dad too coz I know mujs naturally do most of things when u have a baby.
I hope you are not too exhausted n that Jacks doing we'll.

Its horrible thinking of going back to work.. I know Arielle is a lot older at 8&half months but I don't want to leave her to go work.. I said to my bf I'll try get a new job when she's a yr old but I'm dreading it n I think I'll start to look soon as it could take a while.

Yea baby groups are good.. Arielle loves them n its good for baby to interact with other baby's n she loves singing time n playing with new toys n its good for me to get out too. I get bit nervous re going coz its not always same mums there but yea most are friendly n some easy to talk with n nice staff too.. I think it be good for you n Jack if you go to any.

Baby yoga sounds fun.. I hope it goes well. I took Arielle baby massage at 5 months n she really liked it.
How old is lil Jack now?

I'm well thank u girls.. Jus busy with Arielle.. But we both well.

Iv had toothache past few days but I'm hoping it will go. Iv been gargling salt water should help.

I hope ur both we'll n enjoying ur weekend xxx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Toni,

It's only 2 weeks on Monday now until my 12 week scan and I'm counting down the days. I just think I'll feel a huge sense of relief once we've past that point, although I don't think I'll ever fully relax with all that's happened.

I think we will find out what we are having but won't tell anyone. I have already decided I want a gender reveal baby shower (I've wanted to for years) and now I might actually be able to have one.

Funny you say you think girl though as I think it's a girl and so does my Mum and husbands Dad. We haven't told any friends yet so it will be interesting to see what they think.

I hope your tooth ache is better now? I always think tooth ache is such a horrible pain and espically for something so small.

We've also got a moving date for the end of August which is exciting. I can't wait to be in our new house.

Hope Butterfly1 and Jack are ok? Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi ladies,

I hope you are both well.

Awww how lovely that you saw the little arms and legs growing Nicola! Must have been so emotional to see and how exciting that you have a house moving date already too. Everything must feel like its all slipping into place !! I had evening nausea too so maybe its a little boy .... :wink: Although, I think mothers instinct is always right so I would go with what you think bubba is. A gender baby shower sounds brilliant. What a good idea.

Toni, I hope your toothache has gone now. I think that is the worst pain to have :( I cant believe Arielle is 8 1/2 months already. That has flown by. I hope you are getting enough sleep. Try not to think about going back to work yet if you can help it. I am planning to go back part time (next April) but i'm desperately trying to not think about it!!

Jack is now 12 weeks and I took him to our first baby group yesterday which he slept through!! We took him swimming today which he seemed to enjoy. I am coping surprisingly well with the lack of sleep at night and sometimes he will sleep for 3-4 hours at a time so its heading in the right direction!

I hope you are both having a good week xxx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hi Ladies,

I hope ur both well.

Wow Nicola how exciting that ur 12 wks scan is so soon. I'm sure it will be good news & I hope ul then be able to relax more n feel more positive about ur pregnancy.. I know its hard after ur past but every day ur a step closer to ur baby developing more n more before she or he will be in ur arms.

A gender baby shower is a great idea :) Really..! So a few of us think ur having a girl... Hmmm only time will tell.

That is great news re moving date n so soon too :)

Thanks girls... My toothache has almost gone from me using salt water n flossing n cutting down on Sweet stuff.. It devouring prob..

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

I sent msg before finished coz Arielle woke up crying but luckily gone back to sleep.

I meant my toothache is a reçcuring prob.. I'm scared of dentists n don't have one where I live.. I should find one n my dental care is free whilst I'm on maternity until Sep.

Butterfly it is mad how Arielle has grown so fast... She'll be 9 months old on Saturday.
I do get sleep but Arielle still wakes up in the night sometimes a few times so I always feel so tired... She's def teething again so I know its hard for her. Most mornings I wake up to her standing up in her cot.. She's standing up by holding on to things... N she crawls fast now.

I know what u mean re going bk to work... I wish I could stay home with her til she's like 18 months old or even two yes old. But my bf wants me to work when Arielle is at least a yr old.

I can't not think about it coz I handed in my notice to my job last WK so I have to start job searching as could take a while.. Iv had a little look but jobs I found were too far away.
I hope to get something part time still with kids preferably as a T.A again in a school.

Oh are u.... April seems far away but I know what you mean... You just want to not think about it n enjoy being him with ur baby.

Oh wow Jack is 12 wks already.. That has gone fast.. Seems like u just had him.
Well done for taking him to baby group already... Ur doing really well.. I didn't take Elle til she was 5 months old. Oh bless him sleeping thru it.. Hopefully he'll b awake thru some of next one.. How did u find it? Were people friendly?

Oh brilliant.. Well done with swimming n I'm glad he enjoyed it. Iv taken Arielle swimming twice now both times just me n her.. We last went on Fri n she enjoys it n kicks her legs sometimes.

That's good re Jack's sleeping he's doing well... Its good ur coping with what sleep u get n I hope u get more of it soon. If I get 6 hrs in a row I'm like wow.

Last couple nights iv got so tired iv put Arielle in my bed for lil while to sleep coz she wouldn't go in cot so I put her in bed with me then later in her cot.

My bf wants her to have her own room but I want her with me.. Its like he wants her to grow fast… I said I'll try wen she's 10 months old but I'm dreading it. I have a camera monitor so I'll have it next to my bed wen she does go in her own room.

I know her dad wants best for her but I do feel pressure to move her to her own room n go back to work n he even suggested I stopped breastfeeding a while ago but I said I didn't want to yet as I still do just one breastfeed a day in the morning.

I best try sleep.. Its got so late.. I hope both of u girls are ok n u are having a good sleep.

Nicola I'll keep praying for u n ur miricale bubba :) x x x

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Haha all I'm thinking of is sleep…. Lol. I meant I hope both of u girls are having a good week x x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

Lovely to hear from you both. My next scan is on Friday which should be 10+4, I'm the most nervous I've been about this one as we found out about our missed miscarriage at a similar time so it's worrying me and I feel like I've lost all my symptoms this week which isn't helping but I've heard around 10 weeks the placenta can start doing some of the work so I hope it's normal.

Butterfly1. Baby group with Jack sounds good and April must seem ages away so enjoy the time you have - it's great you can go back on a part time basis too.

My friend who also had a boy suffered with evening sickness so who knows if that's a sign. I honestly don't mind either way as I'm just so greatful that we will get to have a baby.

Toni - glad the toothache is better and you should definitely look to see a dentist whilst it's still free. Dental work can be so expensive.

I'm sure a part time job will come up too that works around you and gives you time with Arielle too.

I'm sure your boyfriend is just trying to get Arielle in a room so you can relax more - it's hard though as you want to know she's safe and want her with you.

I can't believe she will be 9 months on Saturday - where has that time gone?!

I'll update you both on Friday so keep everything crossed for me. Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hi Nicola, I just wrote a long reply which wouldn't send n now its gone :(

So I just will say now good luck for tomo.. I'm sure all will be fine... I'll b thinking of u n praying for u. All pregs are different n symptoms can come n go. When my went they came bk when I was heavily preg I was throwing up.

I'm sure u n bubba are both fine... Take a deep breath n try think positive.. Ul be fine :)

I'm sending u hugs n positive vibes.

I hope u and butterfly are both well. I'll reply again properly when get chance but need to sleep now coz its 1am. X x x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Good luck Nicola !! I hope the scan has gone/goes well today. Thinking of you.

Toni please do not let anyone put pressure on you. They are babies for such a short time and these first few years are so precious. I am glad your toothache has improved.

Jack and I have been to baby yoga today and he 'released his wind' throughout :shock: It was so embarrassing!! He is very happy and chilled now though!!

Take care ladies.

xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Butterfly that is so funny n cute about ur baby Jack at yoga.. I'm glad it chilled him out.. Sounds like he enjoyed it.. Well done for going :)

I know ur right but its difficult when its ur baby's dad wanting your baby to have their own room n for you to go back to work soon...

Nicola I really hope ur scan went well.

I hope both u ladies are OK. X x x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Thank you for your kind words and support Toni.

I hope you are ok Nicola.

xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Butterfly no problem... I hope u are well :)

Nicola iv only just got to check msgs from weekend now as my tablet has had no battery & my bf took the charger away with him for the weekend. I really hope ur OK... I'm praying for u.

X x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Ladies,

I am so sorry. I came on her on Friday and thought I had replied and just realised that I hadn't. So sorry if you have been worrying.

Scan went well. All looked good, I was measuring 1 day behind what I had been for the day but they said it's absolutely nothing to worry about. It was also a different woman doing the scan and she seemed to be new as she was asking for help from another lady so I'm trying not to worry about that.

My 12 week scan is a week today. I can't believe it. I'm feeling scared and nervous so I'm hoping after that one I'll feel much better.

I hope you both at nice weekends. We had a day at the beach yesterday which was so lovely. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

I was starting to panic !! Fab news Nicola. I am so happy all is well.

Take care ladies xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

I'll make sure my message is posted next Monday so you're not worrying. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Aww Nicola, you will be too busy sharing your good news with family and friends !! The main thing is that you and baby are well. I didn't mean for you to feel pressured into posting. Sorry.

Take care and have a good week ladies.

xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Don't be silly. You ladies have been there from the start and have held keep me sane these past few weeks. We are just going to tell people as we see them after Monday. I think face to face is much nicer and to be honest I don't think I'll hide it much longer. My husband asked if I was 6 months last night :lol: it looks that way after a meal.

Never wanted a Monday to come quite so much xx