By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Heart is broken...

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Keeponhoping

Re: Heart is broken...

Post by Keeponhoping »

That's good then that you've been checked too. I just need a break mentally and physically at the moment! I hope 2017 will be a better year for us. Hope you're doing ok. X x

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Girls, sorry for late reply. .. been busy n stressed this week.

Kate yea Cornwall is far... its lovely there as I been on holiday there once.

Yea its hard to function on lilttle sleep, everyday rolls into one n I had Arielle 4 nights n daysys in a row coz of my bf being tired then him being ill, then he had her for 1 night n then I had her for another 3 nights in a row so iy does tire me out....

Yea im sure the brandy on my birthday will go straight to my head ;)

Yea the new Bridget Jones movie should be really funny.

Thanks girls Arielle's injections went ok... as you know I was so scared for her. I was so anxious just before they did it that my hands were sweating.

Her dad held her as they did them n I stayed at the top end n held her hand n kept kissing her head n talking to her. The poor little thing was fast asleep so the injections woke her n she cried loudly. .. she had 2 injections in one leg n one in the other. It was horrible seeing her in pain n I felt guilty n bad for her but it was over fast n I gave her calpol straight after n 5 minutes after them it was lovely to see her smile n she was fine wen we got home n slept alot n I gave her two more doses of Calpol through the day. Then the last few days she hasn't slept much n been more clingy but that's meant to be normal after injections.
I felt emotional taking Arielle to have her injections but I didn't cry this time.

Yeah ur right Nicola a 4ft tree is fine for her being so small.

Really Nicola.. I think uts annoying wen yr partner goes out n doesn't contact u.. I go from being angry to upset n worrying is he hurt n think he should more stay in contact now we have a baby... so even thou his battery died I still wasn't happy. But yea maybe ur right n its a man thing.

Yea thanks. .. I'm just not looking forward to turning 40 but I can't stop it as my twin sis keeps telling me.

How was ur work Xmas party? I hope y had a fun time. ..

That is sad re ur directors wife... yea mayb it do them good to have a break in trying.
I was the same after my 2 nd oreg loss I remember it took a few periods until they went back to normal n I remember ny period length use to be 5/6 days long n suddenly they were 9 days long which I told doctor about coz I was worried n he said it was normal n my pweiods stayed 9 days long up until the day I conceived Arielle.

Kate I'm really pleased for u that ur scan results came back normal. .. that must b a relief for u. I hooe u get ur biopsy results back soon n they are normal too.

I'm glad to heae ur bleeding has stopped. Having a few months break from Ttc us a good idea for u I think after every thing that ur body has been through n with the biopsy a break could do u good.. mentally n emotionally n physically.

Nicola I really don't think u should worry about the fact that u only get ovulation pain on ur right side coz ever since my second pregnancy loss which was a PUL, a ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage I started noticing id feel ovulation pain on just my right side where they suspected it n never the left side... so wen I got preg with Arielle I was so scared coz at 4/5 weeks preg I'd get sharp pains like the ovulation pains on just the right side but my 6 wks scan comfirmed all was ok. So I really think u have nothing to worry about. Plus u said they checked ur ovaries everything before so I think all is ok n the ovulation pain you feel its normal. .. ur pain is just hightened on that side from ur ectopic is why u feel wen u ovulate on that side n not the left.

How are u girls, how has yr weekend been?

Iv felt down this week n lonely coz got blown out by two of my friends again n me n my bf fell out n he was ignoring me so I felt so low. But my twin sis n niece visited Friday n me n my bf are ok now. He had Arielle last two nights so its good I got to get about 6 hrs sleep.

I hope ur both ok.

Sending hugs x x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi both,

I hope you have had good weekends?! I had my works do on Friday and had quite a few drinks so have spent the majority of the weekend recovering (if you can't go OTT with the drink ag Christmas, then when can you).

We had friends over last night and my husband friend announced she was pregnant. I was quite upset and had to take myself away for a little bit, I don't begrudge her at all, she's 37 and a heavy drinker and smoker and it's happened their first month trying so just feeling it's all a bit unfair. Think it's the time of year as we started trying at Christmas last year.

The ovulation pain worried me but the acupuncture lady said it could just be slight scaring on the ovary, although I've ovulated and have had pains the last few days still so I don't know.

Glad Arielles injections went ok. I bet she's forgotten all about them now. Glad things are ok with your boyfriend too - it's just getting used to all the changes since Arielle has been born.

Kate - how are you feeling?! I hope you have had a great weekend

Xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hi girls,

Nicola I'm glad u sound like u enjoyed ur work do on Friday night.
Its true u have to let u hair down especially at Xmas time.

I understand how hard it is for u to hear ur husbands friend is now preg n so quickly n like u said wen she drinks n smokes heavy. Its normal to feel how u do.
I was the same after my first miscarriage n 2 months later my bf niece stayed with us for Xmas n she was 2 months preg n was drinking n smoking n she smoked throughout her preg n now has a healthy nearly yr n half boy n I remember how I was so sad n think how unfair it was.

Its not fair. . But ur time will come n I understand its hard being Xmas time wen u were ttc Xmas last yr. I hope ur able to enjoy ur Xmas with ur hubby n friends n family n just know ur life will be so different Xmas next yr.. try not to loose hope n faith as hard as it is.

Ok wel maybe the acupuncture lady is right that ur ovulation pain is scaring pain... if it continues maybe make doc appointment. .. to put ur mind at ease but im sure there's nothing wrong with u after the checks u have n ur body is just going back to normal.

Thank u... yea Arielle has definitely forgot her injections now.

Thank u... yea im glas things are better with me n my bf now as its horrible wen we fall out.. yea ur right mayb it is coz of all the changes with having Arielle but its also coz my bf has been stressed as he told me. Coz work has been stress for him lately n hes been upset about his mum coz she's got dementia n has been in hospital for over two weeks now with an infection n she's got really bad with needing help n she gets angry n violent. Her husband cares for her but she's getting worse n my bf told me how he gets upset about her n he worries shel never get to meet Arielle. His mum n step dad n family live in Wales so it's so far like 5 hrs train journey away from us so I don't know wen we will be able to travel so far n visit. So its good we've spoken about stuff now.

My weekends been ok thanks altho yesterday I had a tummy bug but im better now.

I hope ur pain stops Nicola n I hope u n kate are both ok.

Kate I hope u get ur results back soon n u get all clear so u can look forward.

X x x

Keeponhoping

Post by Keeponhoping »

I'm good thanks girls. So excited as I've just been asked to be a bridesmaid for my husband's sister's wedding in march. So that has been a lovely surprise and a nice ending to a horrible year! Something to look forward to and the dress for the bridesmaids is absolutely gorgeous, can't wait to wear it! So will treat myself and get my hair done too! Had better get myself back to that gym after Xmas, given my body enough resting time, time to tone up for this wedding now!

Nicola, glad you're having a good knees up, glad you're having a great time. On another note, life really isn't fair sometimes, it seems like mistreating your body is the only way to go with this whole pregnancy thing as my sister smoked throughout both of her pregnancies with no problems at all! We look after ourselves and it doesn't help one bit, it just doesn't make any sense to me! But one day you will look back at our conversations and think look where I am now whilst holding a tiny bundle of joy!

Toni, glad to hear Arielle is ok after her injections. Glad you and your boyfriend are ok now, it's probably a combination of tiredness and stress, sounds like there's a lot going on and it must be hard when like you say you're 5 hours away from his mum and not so easy to see her, and you're mind starts working overtime wondering if everything is ok. There are a lot of horrible bugs going around at the moment, hope you feel better soon.

Sending love to you both x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi both,

Toni - I think I have just about recovered from my works do on Friday - it was a slightly heavy night and hanovers now i am 30 seem to last so much longer than my 20s.

The pain I've been having the last few days seems to have gone too so I'm guessing it was related to ovulation as that's where I was in my cycle and I seem to have it with that side - hopefully it's nothing to worry about but glad it won't be niggling away over Christmas.

What are you plans for Christmas Day?

Kate - what lovely news about being a bridesmaid. I have never been a bridesmaid before but am my sisters MOH when she gets married in December next year. She's worried i may end up being pregnant and going into labour on her wedding day! I can't think about the what ifs. I was hoping to have a baby this Christmas not next.

I am really happy for my husbands friends but I just think now is it far, it's annoying when they tell me not to stress! I think you have no idea what it's like to have this longing for a baby and not have it handed to you on a plate, anyway, enough moaning. I have already decided 2017 is going to be a much better year and I am going to go onto it with a positive mindset and only allow good things to happen.

I am sure going back to the gym will make you feel much better, how have you been feeling after starting the vitamins?!

I can't believe we only have 5 sleeps until Christmas girls :P xxxx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Merry Christmas Ladies. I hope you have both had fantastic days and Santa has been good to you. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi Ladies.

I'm sorry I haven't been on here a while-my computer has been broken.

Keep on hoping, I am so sorry to read all that has happened to you. You must be feeling so physically and emotionally drained. Great news that the scan was all clear. When will you receive the biopsy results?

Nicola, I know you are worried regarding the one sided pain and whilst I would never suggest you ignore pain, I too always had pain on my ectopic side when I ovulated right up until I conceived so please try not to worry too much (although of course seek medical advice if pain worsens). Hopefully the acupuncture will improve this.

PrincessPink- I'm glad to read you are now recovering well and enjoying being a mummy ! :)

Thinking of you all and wishing you all a healthy and happier 2017.

Take care xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi Butterfly1,

Lovely to hear from you. How is pregnancy treating you? Have you been feeling ok? I think you are in the better phase now.

I've been having twinges in my right ovary since ovulation this month which is unusual for me, it usually disappears after I ovulate. Did you conceive the same side as you had your ectopic this time around?! It always worries me that next time around if it's the same side then it's doomed and I'll have problems again. I hope not.

I'm away at the moment, we have come away for new year and have a Lodge and a hot tub so will be nice to have a break from the real world and it's so lovely and peaceful here.

Hope you ladies have a lovely new year and it's the start of better things coming out way. Xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Hi Nicola,

Oooh a lodge with a hot tub sounds like bliss and no one deserves it more than you. Enjoy every second!

I had pain every month on my right side after my ectopic so believe I did conceive that side. I did have 'twinges' for several weeks into the pregnancy on that side too ( as you can imagine I was a nervous wreck!!). I dont think they settled until around 13 weeks ! They were just twinges and not painful.......

I am feeling very positive that the early New year is going to bring lots of positive, happy news!!

Take care
xx

Keeponhoping

Post by Keeponhoping »

Well today my biopsy results came back all clear, thank goodness! I was shaking when reading the letter but relieved once I had read it!

I hope everyone has had a lovely Xmas

I just want to take this opportunity and say i hope everyones dreams and wishes come true for 2017, here's to a happy and healthy one! X x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Hi all,

Just wanted to wish you all a happy and healthy new year and let you know that I found out this morning I am pregnant (again), obviously I am feeling a mix of emotions, excitement, scared and wondering how I will cope if things go wrong again, however I plan to take a day at a time and hopefully this is out time.

Kate - I am so pleased everything came back clear, what a relief and you can go into 2017 knowing things can and will only get better. I am so happy to hear this news.

Buttrrfly1 - that makes me feel better about the twinges you have had as I know I've ovulated from the ectopic side so hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

No champagne celebrations tonight for me but I'm wishing you all a happy and healthy 2017. Thanks for all the support ladies as you know sometimes people just don't understand what it's like to go through what we have.

Princess pink - hope you all have a great evening celebrating with baby aerielle. Xxx

Keeponhoping

Post by Keeponhoping »

Nicola, I'm so so happy for you! That's amazing news, what a brilliant end to the year and lovely fresh start to the new year! This time next year you'll be enjoying Xmas and new year with your little one, 2017 is your year and I have a feeling inside that this time all will be just fine for you. Lots of love and hugs! X x

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Keep on Hoping- thats great news your results have come back all clear!! What a relief. A great end to a bad year and a good start for what I am sure is going to be a great 2017 for you ;)

Nicola - CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS !! Amazing news. I did wonder when you mentioned the twinges !! :D
I'm sure the twinges is everything preparing and stretching !! I have a really good feeling that all will be well. I am so so happy for you. Take care and take it easy !! There is no better reason to not be drinking tonight !!

May I wish you all a happy and healthy new year. I have a feeling its going to be a good one for us ALL xx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hey Girls,

Sorry I haven't been on here recently. Iv been trying since boxing day but it wouldn't let me log in so iv now got new password.

OMG WOW ;) Massive CONGRATUATIONS Nicola ;) its amazing ur pregnant... what a great way to end the year ;) I was getting the same twinges on my suspected ectopic pregnancy side wen I found out I was pregnant n it would come n go n Everything was healthy with me.. it was my body adjusting n stretching so im sure all us fine with u.. u must b so happy... ;)

I too can't handle hangovers now n I turned 40 on 23rd December.

Kate im so pleased ur results came back clear ;)

Butterfly its good to hear from u again. .. I hope ur pregnancy is goin well.

I hope u ladies had a lovely Xmas.

I had a nice day with my bf n baby Arielle and I spent boxing day we went to my sister's n spent it with family was nice.

Its been emotional recently coz I had a terrible accident with my baby on Wed afternoon. ... she was crying for her 4pm feed n I hadn't had a chance to eat nething so I was heating her up a bottlen made myself a ccappuccino in a flask mug to be safer than a mug. She kept crying so I held her in one arm whilst her bottle was heating up in jug n I was using other hand to put lid on my flask of cappuccino. The lid accidently slipped n some of the hot drink slashedon her leg. Arielle sscreamed n cried n I ran to bathroom n splashed cold water on her over her baby grow.

I rang my sister in panic n rang ambulance n had to keep pouring cool water over her leg over her clothes. She cried n I felt so bad n just kept saying sorry n kissing her n pouring cool wateron her which I was told to do as the ambulance man said on phone n he stayed on phone til ambulance came. The two ambulance men cut off her clothes n took us in ambulance to hospital n she was treated n her leg bandaged.

They were so lovely n kind n reassured me she was ok n its superficial burn n shel b ok n temperture ok. They gave her nurofen n calpol n dressed her leg.

At home she was ok in sense of smiling n lively n talking n I just kept crying as I felt n still feel so guilty. Her dad has been great n told me to stop saying sorry n he knows I love Arielle n it was accident.

I took her to plastic surgery hospital next day n they checked her leg n treated it n re dressed it n said shel be ok n will heal n they redress it n told me to keep it dry n keep eye on her temperature. Im taking her bak on Monday to have dressing taken off.

Arielle is so amazing n brave n she's been fine since all smiling n chatty n lively n eating loads n sleeping well. Im so greatful she's ok.

I can still picture Wen it happened in my head n I know it was a terrible accident but I still feel so terrible that it happened n I keep saying sorry to her m kissing her n telling her how much I love her. The staff at hospital were so amazing n kept telling me to stop bearings myself up. I love Arielle more than anything n just wish I had left her to cry in the front room in her chair while I went in the kitchen. I have to learn from my mistakes n not take her in the kitchen again even if she's crying. Least I know shel stay safe that way.

I hope u all have a lovely new yrs eve n 2017 is a better yr for u all. Il be in tonight with Arielle m my bf. Happy New year to u girls x x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thank you all ladies. I'm trying not to think about it too much as I feel I can't get my hopes up (after two losses I feel I need to protect myself) just a step at a time and hopefully all will be ok.

Toni - OMG I am so sorry to hear about your accident, don't beat yourself up as these things happen and Arielle is ok which is all that matters. She certainly won't remember it so try and forget it as it won't do you any good replaying it in your head.

Kate - thank you. I am hoping you will be joining me soon but I can imagine you just want a bit of normality after one thing after another this year. At least it's all ending on a positive note.

Butterfly1 - the twinges seem to be better the last few days, however, I am so ridiculously bloated and I can't work out if it's all the extra food I've been eating or pregnancy related. I am so scared to book in for my first scan - in slightly traumatised after all these scans and bad news over the past 12 months but I know I need to really.

I hope you all have some nice plans for this evening and can go into 2017 feeling positive. I'm wishing you all a happy and healthy year and I look forward to hearing how everyone is over the next year and hopefully we can look back next year and all be celebrating fantastic news. Xxx

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Nicola I know exactly what u mean.. I was exactly the same wen I first got preg with Arielle.
Ur right u need to just take it a day at a time n look after uself... I'm sure all will be well. Remember to book a document appointment n start taken pregnacare or folic acid.
How far along are u? Are u not goin to book a scan until ur 12 wks like I said before u would wen nxt get pregnant. Il keep praying for u thanks all will be well. I do have a good feeling for u.
Kate im hopeful ul be too celebrating good baby news in 2017. Fingers crossed for u. I think its goin to be the year for u both.

Butterfly I hope ur preg is goin well.. how far alo are u now?

Thanks alot Nicola for ur kind understanding words. Ur right Arielle is ok is main thing n she won't remember. I can't stop feeling bad for what happened but il try to forgive myself n keep give her lota cuddles.

Oh btw Nicola I remember being really bloated at the beginning of my preg so its perfectly normal.
Ur new years celebrations sounds fun.

I hope ur all having a lovely eve n that 2017 is a happy year for us all.

Happy New yr to u all n important sending u lotsa love n positive vibes n hugs.

Toni x x x

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thanks Toni,

I'm going to go to the doctors around 6/7 weeks so by the time I get a scan I'm a little later on. I'm sure I would know quite quickly if it was ectopic. I had bleeding and pain with that (none of which I have now). I've been taking my pregnacare for ages so should be all topped up on that. I've only just found out so 4+2 - I've told my parents as we are away with them and the not drinking and not going in the hot tub is too obvious, however I won't be telling anyone else until 12 weeks.

We've been to a tree that has wishes on today and tried a green ribbon (which I'm told is a symbol for fertility).

Hope everyone is enjoying the first day of a new year xx

Butterfly1

Post by Butterfly1 »

Princess Pink I am so relieved to hear little Arielle is ok. These things happen but it must have been so frightening at the time. I hope you are well and have now fully recovered from your delivery? I am now 25 weeks pregnant and baby is really active ( especially at night!!) which offers some reassurance that they are well.

Nicola- I have a really good feeling about your pregnancy and I completely understand how you are feeling. Every twinge and pain had me worrying and every time I went to the toilet I expected to see blood (I still do sometimes). Take each day at a time and rest and relax as much as you possibly can. Being away for new year must have been lovely and given you a bit of a break you both needed.

Keep on Hoping- I hope you are well. I am sure this is going to be a good year for you too :)

Take care xx

Nicola1720

Post by Nicola1720 »

Thanks Butterfly1. I have spoken to the EPU and am now booked in for my first scan on 25th January (ill be 7+5) I told them I was away the week before so managed to push it out slightly, obviously if I get any pain or bleeding I'll contact them straight away but I want to go a little later this time. I am also booked into the doctors a week on Friday (apparently I can't book directly to see the midwife unless I've been seen by a doctor). Just got to take a day at a time.

Have you found out if you are having a boy or a girl, I can't remember if you said you were going to find out?

I'm back to work tomorrow, I really do not want to go back.

Xx