By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Trying to reach out after twins

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
EPT Host 22

Re: Trying to reach out after twins

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Nikig28,
I’m so sorry to hear of all that you’ve been through in suffering ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. You have been through so much and its entirely appropriate to feel the need to grief and to focus on your physical and emotional recovery.

It’s incredibly important to look after yourself right now. I can’t say there’s a set timeframe for recovery, as everyone experiences it differently, I can offer that over time feelings do ease. There are good days and not so good days, but increasingly, life begins to settle into a more normal pace. Its natural to struggle with seeing others' pregnancies. It is possible to both be happy for their pregnancy, and have it be a stark reminder of what could have been for us. It hurts. This does not make us "bad" people - we are grieving for our losses and it is important to be kind to yourself.

Our ectopic pregnancies are difficult for our partners as well. I’ve learned over time that men grieve differently to loss and that your partner will be hurting as well. It is important to keep the lines of communication open, and as you are able to share your feelings. You may find that writing in a journal helps to put your feelings down on paper, which might help you to share them with your partner. As well, If you think it may help, we can certainly arrange to speak to you about what you have been through and be a shoulder to lean on. My colleagues and I have also experienced ectopic pregnancy and understand how heartbreaking it is. You can ask any questions or simply tell us about the horrible time you have been through. You can also look at counseling services and emotional recovery support on our website under Patients/Emotional recovery.

The charity Mind may also be of assistance. They have local centres and support groups and can offer services on a means-tested basis (you pay what you can afford) or sometimes free. You can find your local centre following this link if that may be useful too:
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

You can also speak to your GP specifically about local counseling services and referral for talking therapies. You can also request to see another GP in your healthcare practice. In terms of your care circumstances, you may be aware that you can raise your thoughts via the Patient Advice and Liaison Service or PALS. You can find your local PALS here and it may be an avenue which can help:
http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Patien ... Search/363

Finally, these boards are filled with stories of women who are in similar situations. It is a safe space to share your story and air your concerns, questions, or just to vent. We are here for you as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

***********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
***********************************************************************************************

molly23

two month pregnant

Post by molly23 »

You should be careful three months of your pregnancy,because you have the high risk of loss, you should follow all the advices that you can find,as i've done, http://motherhow.com/2-month-pregnant/ here there are all the right answers