By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Advice

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Charlottex85

Advice

Post by Charlottex85 »

Hi I would just like some advice off anybody who experienced an expectant management ectopic and has had a successful pregnancy after. I had an ectopic in Aug last year and I have just started ttc again and I have all sorts going through my mind like what If my tube was damaged and it happens again. So I'd just like some reassurance from someone who has gone through the same as me but then had a successful pregnancy x

EPT Host 20

Re: Advice

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Charlottex85,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I haven't personally experienced expectant management following ectopic pregnancy. I was treated with methotraxate and have gone on to have two successful pregnancies.
Studies suggest the chances of pregnancy are about same irrespective of type of treatment - Expectant management or medical management or surgery.

The chances of a further ectopic after a first in UK is 10%. So thats 90% chance of the embryo being in right place next time.

It is normal to feel anxious about the future and very common to experience a mix of emotions from wanting to try again to being petrified of what may lie ahead. We never forget, but we learn to accept what happened. Is slow process - might be weeks or months ahead.
Importantly early scans avail. As soon as you know you are pregnant, contact your local EPU to inform them and book in for an early scan at around six weeks. Remind them of your previous ectopic pregnancy. This self refer route is the best route in our view. Hopefully you will have some comfort to know you are under the radar of medical professionals right away.

We are here too. Trying-to-conceive is an emotional rollercoaster compounded by our sad loss. You are not alone. We are here for emotional support whenever you need us. There is a specific TTC board you can look at too whenever feel ready.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

Charlottex85

Re: Advice

Post by Charlottex85 »

Thank you so much for your kind words and reply. Your right I have a total mix of emotions I desperately want a baby yet so scared at the same time x