By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Advice please

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Meredi92

Advice please

Post by Meredi92 »

Hello there. Here is my sad story.
I was diagnosed after a month of bleeding and doctors uncertainty wheather is it ectopic or miscarrige, in start january of january with ectopic. My beta levels were around 350. I got one small dose of metotrexat, since I am really small and light weighted. Two days after my beta was higher, around 450, and 7 days later again 450, so the doctor suggested the same dose of metotrexat. He also told me that there is no more ectopic pregnancy on the scans so I shouldnt be worried. I had a little pain and a little bit of bleeding spots during the second week of january. Beta was falling really slow. When my beta was around 15, at the end of january, my husband was leaving for a two month business trip, so the doctor told me its okay to make love if we are protected and if I am having no pain. So we had it with protection, not too much and I had no pain or bleeding at the time or after.
Two days ago I made the blood test and the beta was 3. I went to do the check up also, and the doctor said that everything is perfect with my ovaries, uterus, tubes and the analysis. I was feeling relief finally. But that night and until now, I started bleeding a bit (few spots during the day) and with a bit of pain in the place I had the ectopic (ovarie) and since it is lasting for two days I am getting really worried. What if my beta is going up again :( . Is there any posibilty that the protection broke (even if we were really careful) and that I am facing second ectopic now. My last dose of metotrexat (small dose) was exactly month ago. With my beta going under the level in which they consider it as pregnancy, I am worried as [heck] with the bleeding and little pain. Anyone can calm me down a bit?

EPT Host 22

Re: Advice please

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Meredi92,

I sorry to hear that you’ve suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss and that you are going through this worrying time. I’ll do my best to help.

Bleeding is common after both surgery and administration of methotrexate as the pregnancy hormones decrease. Women often report still feeling pregnant/having pregnancy symptoms like nausea even after taking methotrexate. While these feelings usually subside after the hCG levels drop, it can take some time for the pregnancy hormone (hCG) levels in the body to drop which. As pregnancy ends, hormone levels fall and uterine lining that had built up is released which involves vaginal bleeding. If you soak more than a pad an hour it will be important to get medical attention. You should also see Drs if pain relief, like paracetamol, does not help.

If used properly condoms are a very effective form of contraception. Periods can change after having an ectopic pregnancy and your cycle can be longer or shorter than before. Doctors consider periods of up to 42 days to be within normal parameters. However, if more than this time frame passes, you should get checked out to be on safe side.

Please do take good care of yourself and as you are concerned it is important to be seen by your Dr’s for peace of mind.

With good wishes,

Michele

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************