By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pressure feeling at 6 weeks post opp

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Gigi

Pressure feeling at 6 weeks post opp

Post by Gigi »

I am 6 weeks post surgery, and I feel "pressure" (weighing down feeling) on my left side where the incision was. My right tube had ruptured, no pain, pressure on that side at all. I feel it mostly when I walk around, and some days are better, I feel nothing. Has anyone else experienced this feeling?

Kayleigh94

Re: Pressure feeling at 6 weeks post opp

Post by Kayleigh94 »

Hello there,

I am about 1 week and 1 day post op. Also right tube removed. I have felt no pains from the left side. Only the incision still healing.

EPT Host 22

Re: Pressure feeling at 6 weeks post opp

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Gigi,

I’m so sorry to hear that you have been through an ectopic pregnancy. It is a physical and emotional trauma and can leave us with many questions.

Your surgery was very recent and it’s important to continue looking after yourself. In regards to the pain, it can be very normal to feel abdominal pains after treatment for ectopic pregnancy. With surgery, your body has been through a huge trauma and will need time to heal. The pain you are feeling could be due to your body healing or as a result of adhesions or scar tissue which forms as part of the recovery process. It could also be because your menstrual cycle is restarting or because of ovulation pains as many women feel ovulation pains when they did not before. It might also be as a result of heightened awareness after your ordeal.

You can also speak to your doctors sooner with your concerns as it is always better to get checked out to be on the safe side and as I am not medically qualified to give a definitive opinion. To assist, you could keep a pain diary too noting when your period starts, when you experience the pain and where, its intensity and anything that helps like rest or pain relief. You can take these notes with you to the appointment and the details will help your doctors best manage your symptoms.

With good wishes,

Michele

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************