By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Adhesions caused ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Bulldogmad13

Adhesions caused ectopic

Post by Bulldogmad13 »

Hello,

This is my first post here and was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

We have been trying for 7 years, I have been through cancer and chemo in that time and we had one failed IVF 12 months ago. After deciding I would have a break from TTC to get fit and healthy we conceived naturally in December. We found out it was ectopic at 5 weeks 5 days and I lost the pregnancy and my right tube. After the surgery the Doctor said she had found a lot of pelvic adhesions which had caused my infertility, probably from Pelvic Inflammatory Disease which I didnt know I had. I was given 2 courses of antibiotics to clear this and she said she had removed as much of the adhesions as possible during the surgery improving my chances of conception again.

Has anyone also been told about these adhesions and gone on to have a baby?

I am so sad to have lost our baby after all this time, but am also glad we have some sort of answer as to why we hadnt fallen pregnant before.

Thanks xx

Firstecpreg

Re: Adhesions caused ectopic

Post by Firstecpreg »

Sorry I don't have any advice on this and also so sorry you've been through this - I had a Caesarean section ectopic in January after trying for nearly a year and it nearly broke my heart!

On an entirely separate note, your user name! We have a British bully called Sparkle who is usually super aloof but even before I knew I was pregnant she knew - kept on coming to lie her head on my belly! Lovely dogs they are.

Ella x

Bulldogmad13

Post by Bulldogmad13 »

Sorry you have been through it too, it's such a difficult thing to deal with. We were ecstatic that we were able to conceive after thinking we couldnt for all that time but then being back in the TTC mode is just awful.

We have a bully called Bear, he is my absolute joy. He gets me through all the tough days and never fails to make me smile. They are the best dogs arent they! xx

Gwen0102

Post by Gwen0102 »

Hello,

I'm sorry for what you've been through, it truly feels horrific and heartbreaking. I have just been through my first ectopic about a week ago today I had the surgery where it had ruptured so they had to take the tube, I have been pregnant previously but miscarried very early and didn't know I was pregnant. myself and my partner have been trying for about a year, I have PCOS and possibly Endometriosis, doctors arn't really investigating the possibly of Endo even though I'm showing the symptoms,( I feel due to being 23 they're arn't taking me very seriously), "I have plenty of time", which I know that these things can take a long time and we need all the support and love we can get and doctors are key in this. I had my appendix removed in 2006 and they believe this caused an adhesion of scar tissue but then again couldn't give me a definite answer as could be Endo..?. Before I became pregnant I was taking herbal Chinese medicine to help with my ovulation, thought I might as well if anything could help and they were called, "tiao jing cu yun wan" this is the only factor I can see changed at the time of conception, I was very early 7 weeks but I feel it's the physical trauma the emotional is terrible but I know that you can't control these things, I've quit smoking and trying to get healthier to try and prevent it from happening again when we do try but unfortunately nothing is definite when it comes to fertility or pregnancy.

Have you looked also into acupuncture and maybe some kind of herbal stuff, It may sound wishy washy but might be worth a try, also have you looked into any other fertility drug , have you been told what could be effecting your fertility? If the adhesions have been dealt with might help the chances, I hope you find more of a definitive answer, would be interested to hear myself.

All the best Bulldogmad13 <3

p.s- I have a english bulldog called Molly, very stubborn and very slobbery haha!

Ang8378

Post by Ang8378 »

Hi
Sorry to hear what you've gone through, me and my husband tried for 12 years and nothing. He had cancer in 2012 and had chemo and recovered. I found out in 2015 I was pregnant which came as a shock but found out when rushed to hospital it was a ruptured ectopic and lost left tube.
I had adhesions throughout and tube was abnormally attached to my bowel and overie. They believed was due to an undiagnosed infection PID, I also had to have right tube cleared.
I was told I'd find it difficult to conceive again and that the issues before had most certainly contributed. Last year I found out I was pregnant, feeling anxious and scared.
I now have a 5 months old baby boy who is very healthy.

I hope this helps, and I wish all the best x

Bulldogmad13

Post by Bulldogmad13 »

Hi Gwen0102,

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are doing as well as possible in the circumstances.

My fertility issues have always been 'unexplained', I ovulate, have regular cycles, HSG was clear showing no blocked tubes, it was all a bit of a mystery until now. The surgeon said there was just no phsyical way of the embryo implanting successfully and said the way it was it would have been ectopic or nothing. She was really positive about the removal of the adhesions making it more likely that we can conceive and get pregnant, but who knows. At the time I knew straight away that the pain I was having coupled with the bleeding that I was having an ectopic - I thought I had had a period so didnt know I was pregnant right away, and when they told me at A&E that I was pregnant I knew in my heart it wouldnt be viable but I was just so shocked to be pregnant it got me through.

I have had acupuncture before and he said that I was ovulating, everything seemed perfect but I just never fell pregnant. I have since spoken to him about the ectopic and he said he remembered everything feeling 'fixed' rather than mobile and the adhesions causing the problems made sense. I will give it a few months and if I havent fallen pregnant again I will go back as I do think it is very helpful.

Sending you lots of love and well wishes, and sending molly the bulldog lots of butt scratches xxxx

Bulldogmad13

Post by Bulldogmad13 »

Hi Ang8378

Gosh that sounds very similar to our circumstances doesnt it? We had always been told our infertility was unexplained, everything looked good, I was ovulating, his sperm was tip top, my HSG was clear, but surgeon told me the adhesions had most definitely been the cause and she thought we had probably conceived many times but it was unable to implant, she said it would have always been ectopic or nothing given the state of my tubes being fixed down. Cause was likely undiagnosed PID. She was very hopeful which gives me hope too.

Thanks so much for sharing your positive outcome, that has made me smile. I sometimes trawl these posts looking for people that have gone on to have babies and it makes my heart leap when I find them. Congratulations on your rainbow baby, thanks again for sharing that with me.

Sending you lots of love xxx

Drealove

Post by Drealove »

I know this post is rather old, but I wanted to respond in case anyone ever comes across this question. I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant. I have severe pelvic adhesions, so much so that it affects my bowels. My uterus is fused to my bladder and being pulled to the left. They wanted to remove my uterus but the scar tissue is so bad that it would need to be done virtually by C-section so they don’t damage my bladder. I also have something called pelvic congestion syndrome which is painful. Anyhow, I’m currently pregnant even tho I have such bad scar tissue. Everyone womb is different, but don’t give up hope.