By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Due date next month

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
SamanthaAuty

Due date next month

Post by SamanthaAuty »

Hello im samantha,
I found out i was pregnant with my first in february this year.
Me and my partner where so excited as its all we have ever wanted!
But our lives shattered when i found out it was an ectopic :'(
I was back and forth from the hospital having blood test and checkups.
I was discharged when my hormone levels had dropped.
My due date is next month and i cant stop thinking about it :'(
We do want to try again but im so scared it will happen again :'(

SamanthaAuty

Re: Due date next month

Post by SamanthaAuty »

How do i deal with all my emotiones

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hi SamanthaAuty, first of all I want to say I am really sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking n scary it is.
I had a miscarriage at 11 wks prey in Oct 14 & I was heart broken j so was my bf.. We tried again after the 3 month wait even thou I was so scared of it happening again.. I got prey straight away like the first time n tried to stay positive but unfortunetly I lost my second baby at 7 wks prey. Hospital said it was a PUl so it was either ectopic or miscarriage 50/50.. But to be safe they had to treat it like an ectopic so I had to return to the hospital for reg blood tests like yourself until my levels were zero which took two wks.. I was so sad again but numb too n couldn't believe it had happened again.

But as scary as it was me n my bf decided to not give up n where we had TTC for our first two pregs we decided to try a third time.. Obviously I was scared but I believe if you want something so bad you have to not give up n try to stay positive n look after yourself. I was eating healthy n exercising n trying to be positive.. We didn't conceive right away n I did go docs after 6/7 months of TTC as I thought maybe something was wrong with me.. But I later realized I was already prey at that a appointment.

Because of my history I was scanned early at 6.2 wks preg n luckily all was well... Then finally I had a 12 wks scan n all was well n then a 17 wks n a 20 wks scan n all was well n my bab was so lively which reassured me.
I gave birth to my healthy baby girl last yr October 15 the and she's now 10 months old.
I love her so much n I know I was sooooo right to be brave n try again or I would never of had her.

So if I can get my rainbow baby so can u.

Ofcourse I was scared TTC n through the prey but the scans j then listening to baby's heartbeat n feeling her move n kick helped so much to reasure me.

I know its scary but please don't give up.. If u have medical questions speak to ur doctor n as long as they say ur healthy to try again... Then you too could have ur own rainbow baby.

Oh n wen I had previous scan or due dates or first birthday dates for my two angel babies... I was sad but I tried to keep busy n each time me n my Bf would say a lil prayer j light a candle which did help a bit n I'll continue to do that every time its my angel babies birthdays.

I hope this helps you. I'm sending u hug n positive vibes n praying for u.

Princess Pink x x

SamanthaAuty

Post by SamanthaAuty »

Thank you for your reply it has gave me hope of having a healthy pregnancy.
I wont give up as it might sound stupid but i feel having children is my purpose in life.
It just really gets me down and upset and i cant stop thinking about the fact i should be giving birth next month :( also really gets me down as ive not long found out that an old friend from school has a healthy baby girl. Nothing wrong with that she was healthy etc it just upsets me and gets me mad as my friend got really bad on drugs and alcohol when we left school and shes had a sucessful pregnancy. I dont drink dont smoke and i have had to deal with the heart ache of losing my baby :( jealousy has been through the roof since my ectopic too :( we are keen to try again as we want our own little family i just dont know if i could cope with another loss :'(

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear SamanthaAuty,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
It has been 7years since my ectopic pregnancy and dates such as due dates and the date I lost my baby still make me incredibly sad, your feelings are completely normal.
It is hard when friends around us go on to have healthy pregnancies but from the bottom of my heart, there is nothing you could have done to prevent the ectopic pregnancy from happening. I cannot emphasise enough - you are not to blame.

The chances of a further ectopic after a first in UK is 10%. So thats 90% chance of the embryo being in right place next time.
It maybe of some comfort to know that it is usually possible to conceive and, overall, 65% of women are healthily pregnant within 18 months of an ectopic pregnancy. Some studies suggest this figure rises to around 85% over two years. Sadly, it is not possible to stop an ectopic pregnancy from happening. Importantly, help is available with future pregnancies with an early scan at around six weeks gestation to check that the embryo is in the right place. We are here too for emotional support, as and when you need us. There is also a Preparing for your next Pregnancy board for you to look at as and when you feel ready.

There is no time frame for how long it takes us to heal emotionally and it is completely normal to feel anxious about the future. We will never forget our pregnancy or babies but we can learn to accept what has happened and crucially understand that it wasn't our fault.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

SamanthaAuty

Post by SamanthaAuty »

Thank you for your comment karen it means alot...
I think alot of it is just me being paranoid that it will happen again :(
Its good to know i can speak to people on here as i cant really speak to anyone :( i can see it is upsetting my partner when i am talking about it so i change the subject :( its just so hard knowing i should be getting ready for giving birth next month :'( i understand time will help heal but its just so hard at the moment :(

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Ur welcome SamanthaAuty, I'm glad what I said has given u hope of a healthy pregnancy. I know it's so hard to see others around u preg when u should of been too. After my first pregnancy loss my twin sister had not long ago had her fourth child.. My 5 was old baby niece n I remember her bringing my niece when she came to visit me & it took me a while before I was able to feel strong enough to hold my niece again coz I was so sad & my bf niece got preg n she would drink n smoke which I never did during pregnancy n after loosing two babies we went to visit her in the hospital wen she had given birth to her son n I was happy for her but very jealous so I know how u feel.

It doesn't sound stupid u saying u feel it is ur purpose in life to have kids... I feel the same n waited yrs to meet the right type of bf for me to try for a baby with & after loosing two babies I started to think maybe I never would have my own healthy baby n especially as I lost my first baby at age 37 & and my second baby at age 38 so I worried maybe I had left it two late. But luckily me n bf had our daughter both at age 39..so it wasn't too late.

I know it's so scary but u have a 90 % chance of having a healthy pregnancy like Karen said. So when ur ready to I hope u n ur bf don't give up.

I too found it hard to talk to my bf about it is why I joined on here n It helped me so much n that's why now I still try to help others on here when I can.

I'll keep praying for you n just remember if me n others can go on to have healthy preg n babies then so can u.

When ur would of been due date comes try keep busy n spend a nice day with ur bf. I remember on my first due date I was working n it was hard for me too especially working with kids but I needed to kp busy.

I'm sending u positive vibes x x

SamanthaAuty

Post by SamanthaAuty »

Thank you for your post...
I dod write a reply out and as i went to post it lost signal and its not posted so here goes again lol

Its been so much to deal with and get my head around and all i keep asking myself is why me? What have i done to deserve this? Why am i that 1 in 80?

But then i think to myself its not your fault, it happens more than you think and nothing could have stopped it :(

I learnt about ectopic pregnancy at school and have spoke to my mum about it ( she did alot of work for surestart) and never did i think it could happen to me....

Im so glad i found this forum as it has helped me believe it is still possible to have a healthy pregnancy!

I was going to get a tattoo in memory of my little angel but turns out im far to soft so instead i am getting a personalised teddy instead....

Me and my partner have decided that every year on 22nd september we will go the the beach light a candle and let a little boat float away in memory too :')

Since joining this forum and hearing the caring words from other people who have been through the same as me it has gave me hope and i will get my rainbow baby one day!!

I only turned 21 last month so still have timeon my side :)

Thank you so much for your support means so much

princess pink

Post by princess pink »

Hi Samantha, I'm sorry for the late reply. I forgot to reply n remembered to. I hope u are doing OK n ur healing more n taking care of your self.

That is a lovely idea about getting a personalised teddy in memory of ur baby n going to the beach with ur partner each year to light a candle n float a boat for ur baby is such a wonderful n sweet idea.

Ur right u are so young n have plenty of time to have more babies which I'm sure you will.

I hope you are ok. I'm sending you hugs n positive vibes.

Take care

Princess Pink x x