By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Help!!! Managed ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Smithj11

Help!!! Managed ectopic

Post by Smithj11 »

Hi everyone I have just recently had an ectopic which was managed through blood tests after 6 weeks finally got to hcg off 5 and was discharged from the epu , this was a week a go , but some off the pains I have been feeling are worst than when my levels was higher , it’s either sharp stabbing pains , or feeling off someone sticking pins in my right had side and also lots off dull aches and generally being un comfortable , it’s stressing me slightly , I no they say you won’t rupture when you get to 5 and below but something doesn’t feel right , has anyone else experienced this ? Thanks jo xxx

marmoannie

Re: Help!!! Managed ectopic

Post by marmoannie »

Would it be ovulation pain? I get bad pain around ovulation especially on my bad side.

Smithj11

Post by Smithj11 »

I’m not sure my levels only hit 5 just under a week a go all very confusing x

Smithj11

Post by Smithj11 »

Thank u xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Smithj11,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Experiencing some pain after an ectopic pregnancy is normal as your body has been through a great deal. Your body may be preparing to ovulate and many women experience ovulation pain when they did not before their ectopic pregnancy - including myself. You also may have a heightened perception because of the sad loss that you have had to go through. If you find you experience offensive smelling discharge or an increased temperature of more than 37°C or just want to be checked out to be on the safe side, it would be worth asking your doctors to run tests to check for infection.
Sadly I am not medically trained so if you are concerned that your pain is worsening, I would advise talking to your GP.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

marmoannie

Post by marmoannie »

My period arrived 14 days after my levels reached 6. Do you still have a mass there? Have they scanned you?

marmoannie

Post by marmoannie »

Don't be concerned by that comment. I still have a mass 8 months later but not at risk of rupture.

Smithj11

Post by Smithj11 »

No scan as the said it takes 2-4 weeks after bloods hit 5 below for the pregnancy to dissolve , xx

Smithj11

Post by Smithj11 »

That must be so horrible for you is they’re nothing they can do to help it go for u xx

marmoannie

Post by marmoannie »

Yeah i feel like I haven't had closure. And my ovulation pain is so bad on my right side. I do get worried that a future Pregnancy will get stuck on the EP.