By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Should I ttc with mass still there?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lily123

Should I ttc with mass still there?

Post by Lily123 »

Hi everyone, big hugs to all going threw this, I had an ectopic that was managed expectantly, my hcg dropped from 1000 to 0 in 2 weeks, although at my follow up US it showed mass still there at 14mm, is it safe for me to start ttc?

EPT Host 20

Re: Should I ttc with mass still there?

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Lily123,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss.
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your query, but can provide general information.
I am unsure when you experienced your ectopic pregnancy but as a gentle reminder regarding conceiving again, we and many medical professionals advise waiting for two menstrual cycles. It is important to allow time for your body to recover and emotions to surface and be worked through. This is so that you have some comfort that your body is returning to its natural rhythm and you have a last menstrual period date from which to date a new pregnancy - key information in checking you are not suffering from an ectopic pregnancy in the future. The first bleed soon after surgery for ectopic pregnancy is not classed as a period as it is the body's response to falling hormone levels. This is generally also allows time for any mass to be naturally reabsorbed

In the UK, women aren't routinely scanned or offered additional investigations to see if a mass is still present before ttc again.
It is generally possible to conceive after an ectopic pregnancy. The time it takes to conceive successfully after an ectopic pregnancy varies considerably from couple to couple. This can be affected by factors including age, general health, reproductive health and how often you have intercourse (sex). Overall, 65% of women are healthily pregnant within 18 months of an ectopic pregnancy. Some studies suggest this figure rises to around 85% over two years.
Sadly, it is not possible to stop an ectopic pregnancy from happening. Importantly, help is available with future pregnancies with an early scan at around six weeks gestation to check that the embryo is in the right place. We are here too for emotional support, as and when you need us. We also have a specific board, Preparing for your next Pregnancy which you can look at as and when you feel ready.

Sending much love,
Karen x

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering?
Further information is available at www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

More2come

Post by More2come »

I was able to see my ectopic over the top of my belly for 2 months after. Never had follow up transvaginal ultrasound. I read a story here and the lady had mass 9 months later but was pregnant again and pregnancy was in proper place.

I too was worried about the residual mass and ttc. I figured it would be a slim chance of egg and sperm meeting on that side since there was a mass still there. I am 5 months from my ectopic i just ovulated from my ectopic side. Im praying everything healed properly and there is a open tube. I doubt this cycle will be my bfp cycle but im still praying for a bfp.

Lankfordsn123

Post by Lankfordsn123 »

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your loss. I also believe I had the mass left after HCG returned to normal levels. I had a lot of pain after MTX (my levels took 5 wks to return to 0) and I still have slight pain 5 mos later. I am in the US and my ob has stated it is possibly from scar tissue or the mass. (No ultrasound to confirm) I have started taking serrapeptase, an enzyme, that has shown positive results in some women with blocked tubes. I have to note this is a natural/homeopathic remedy, but I figured its worth a shot to help anything that was left behind to help clear my tube. Good luck to you.

marmoannie

Post by marmoannie »

I still had a mass 7 months later but conceived at 8 months and they couldn't see the mass at six week scan. Part of me thinks my body was waiting for it to absorb before I conceived. (Unlikely I know) I read another lady saying she had a second ectopic because it got stuck on the first mass but my gyno gave me the ok to ttc.

theelix1

Post by theelix1 »

It is very important for medical professionals to have clean hands to prevent any sort of potential infection. Before and after every procedure, even intravenous therapy, the administrator should wash his or her hands with warm water and soap

katanadubai

Post by katanadubai »

Japanese restaurant dubai has gained a lot of popularity in Dubai. These restaurants are designed in an alluring way so as to please the customer accurately.