By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnant again after two ectopics

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Fertility-tales

Re: Pregnant again after two ectopics

Post by Fertility-tales »

Thought people might like an update. I’m now 8 weeks pregnant and we had a scan and saw a beautiful heartbeat. It’s still early (I won’t relax until I’m 12 weeks and all continues to look ok!) But seeing the heartbeat was incredible and I feel so lucky this baby is in the right place.

There’s hope for everyone, even after two ectopics.

Beenie

Re: Pregnant again after two ectopics

Post by Beenie »

Oh thank goodness you have posted an update! I was thinking about you every day and I am over the moon to hear that everything is looking brilliant!!! Oh it must have been such a relief to see the heartbeat! I’m so so happy for you and hopefully the next 30 or so weeks will go uneventful!!! Thank you so much for the update, you’re giving me so much hope with this! Xx

Kellie24

2 ectopic pregnancies one on each tube

Post by Kellie24 »

Hello everyone I'm new to this. I am 24 and I feel alone. This is the short version? I had my first ectopic last year. I was devastated but hopeful since I am young and everyone said I have loads of time to try! So 3 months after that husband and I try again. We got pregnant the first try! I was very happy but still wanted to get an early scan at 6wks just to be sure. This pregnancy felt right I had no pains spotting so I was NOT expecting to get the news that I have a second ectopic pregnancy but this time it's on my LEFT side! I was in shock. I was angry when I had an appointment with my doctor and she jus happened to mention that my right tube was clubbed and that she knew this before we started ttc the second time! I had a scan done 1 month after my first ectopic to make sure everything was ok. She failed to mention that my right tube was basically useless and sent us out saying we were good and healthy enough to ttc. Well anyways after I got done taking methotrexate to dissolve this second ectopic husband and I stopped ttc for 1 year. Before we started to try ttc again I got an hsg done and found out my right tube is clubbed but can still ovulate so the doctor and I agreed it would be safer to have it removed so I don't risk getting another EP on that side again. After surgery I was informed that I had adhesions on my left tube that were removed. I am just scared because that means my remaining tube is somewhat damaged and scar tissue might start to form again. I have tried talking to my husband sister even my mother about how I feel, but everyone's response is your young and keep trying! Of course I am going to try but no one understands my fears or try's to understand. I have been dreaming about having my own child grow in my belly since I was young. As much as adopting sounds nice to me it won't be the same for me. I know that's selfish but it's true for me. I also feel like my husband doesn't understand because he has a son already and don't get me wrong I love my stepson I have been in his life since he was one, but I still want to get pregnant. Is anyone in a similar boat?