By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Diagnosed and treated while away from home

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Amalia2150

Diagnosed and treated while away from home

Post by Amalia2150 »

I found out I was pregnant 3 days before leaving to visit family 16 hours away (driving). First blood draw indicated a chemical,  so we went ahead with our plans.   However I ended up being diagnosed with ep a few days into our trip and I was treated with mtx at the ER.  I have a follow up appointment on Monday (with a doc the ER referred me to) to check my levels (was 556 on Friday when I got the shot),  but I'm trying to figure out when I can go home.   I can stay with my family as long as needed, but my husband needs to get back to work, not to mention what the cost of continued out of state care will be.  I'll ask the doctor at my appt on Monday,  but anyone else been in this situation or have any insight?  Should I travel between the day 4 and 7 draws?  I know my husband is anxious to get home but I'm very nervous about spending 2-3 days driving from FL to IN if I'm still in danger of rupture.

Fertility-tales

Re: Diagnosed and treated while away from home

Post by Fertility-tales »

I’m so sorry for your loss. I was in the same position, although based in England so a bit different. I was visiting my parents 3 hours away from home. My husband had to go back to work, and it was horrible going through that without him.

I’m sorry to say that my doctor recommended I didn’t travel until my hCG reached zero and that took five weeks. I was told there is a risk of rupture even if the numbers are really low (mine was around 280 when I had the shot) and my doctor didn’t want me to risk it if it ruptured when I was on a motorway and trying to find a hospital.

But that’s absolutely not necessarily what your doctor will recommend. I think mine was just being really really careful. I was in quite a bit of pain which I think influenced his decision, so if your pain is ok they might let you travel? I really hope you’re able to get home soon.

Amalia2150

Re: Diagnosed and treated while away from home

Post by Amalia2150 »

Thanks so much for responding! I made it home... I had a 25% drop on day 7, so the doctor cleared me to go. I was super nervous about rupturing but thankfully was ok.