By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Second ectopic - this time in the stump of removed left tube

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Cjb

Second ectopic - this time in the stump of removed left tube

Post by Cjb »

Hello ladies. I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar to what I have. I am 35 years old and currently in hospital recovering after having surgery to remove my 6 week pregnancy from the stump which was left from my left tube removal (my left tube was lost in February on my birthday! when I experienced my first ectopic). The surgeon said there was a 0.4% chance of this happening and it getting stuck in the stump! So I have clearly been very unlucky as they were my first two pregnancies. I asked why the stump wasn’t fully removed from my first ectopic and they told me that they can’t get too close as it is attached to the womb (which isn’t accessible through key hole surgery). The pregnancy had ruptured and I was rushed in to hospital having fainted and i had incredible pain in my lower abdomen and sickness. They told me I wouldn’t have made it if i hadn’t gone in that day and there was over 2 litres of blood from the rupture in my pelvic area. I just wondered if there was any advice on what I might do from here. I am absolutely petrified of having yet another ectopic if I was to try again, even though they have told me my right tube and ovary look very healthy and we conceived so easily with these two pregnancies. I was wondering if ivf would be a better option but realise there are risks also with that and of an ectopic with ivf. I honestly don’t know if i could cope with another and not sure I want to put myself and my body through it again. Very shaken up. Thanks so much in advance for any guidance and help xx

Flossie17

Re: Second ectopic - this time in the stump of removed left

Post by Flossie17 »

Thinking of you hunny, it’s such an awful thing to experience, and I have had exactly the same happen to me, my first was an ep in my right tune, that was removed 23.12.17, we waited a couple of months then 6months later on 07.06.18 we again had a scan and confirmed another ep. This time it had been caught on the remaining scar tissue at the end of the right tube that was left in the previous surgery. They had to remove part of my uterus this time also. It’s been a tough year, and only the last few months I have felt ready to try for another baby. We have just found out we are 5weeks pregnant and I have my scan on Friday. Please just get plenty of rest, and there is no rush to try again just when the time feels right. It’s heartbreaking and I am panicking incase it happens again, sending you lots of love and wishing you well soon x x x x

Bhakti

Post by Bhakti »

Hi

I just wanted to reach out as literally the same thing happened to me in May! First ectopic was in July 2018 where the left tube was removed and we waited until April to start trying again. Got pregnant straight away but it was in the stump of my left tube. The consultants at the hospital did get it wrong as they thought it was inside the uterus wall and so opted not to have surgery. I had methotrexate when my hcg was over 8,000. I then ruptured four days later. I refused surgery as I was scared (with it being inside my womb) they would be taking my womb out or a part of it! The consultant said it wasn’t in my womb! Went for surgery and lost 3 litres of blood. Was kept sedated over night in icu. The surgeon said I was lucky to be alive and I definitely feel lucky in that sense. She explained that the first time was bad luck but the second time was definitely a technicality which shouldn’t really happen. I’ve been totally stitched up on that side now so the only way to conceive is via my right tube!

I don’t know what the answer is as to where we go from here. I’m hoping to try one more time before going down the ivf route and I’m hoping it works out. I’m taking my time to recover though as my body has been through a lot over the course of a year. I do have an appointment to consider my ivf options in October so I’ll let you know what comes out of that.

Congratulations Flossie, I hope things go well at your scan! Please do keep us posted!

Flossie17

Post by Flossie17 »

It’s such an awful thing to experience, and especially for a second time. We asked our consultant about ivf and other options but he said try the pg naturally first then we could look at other options. Just do what’s best for you, I’ve definitely need the year to recover both mentally and physically. I finally feel able to cope with whatever the outcome will be-I couldn’t of said that 6 months ago!

But I was getting myself all worried about the scan tomorrow, but my husband said we had basically been given another chance as we were expecting to loose my other tube last time. So the fact we are pregnant again is a miracle and whatever the outcome tomorrow at least we tried just one more time, If we hadn’t, I would of forever thought ‘what if’ x Hugs to us all girls xxxxxx

Bhakti

Post by Bhakti »

Yeah I totally get that! Although my husband has now changed his mind, he did say back in May we’re not having kids as we can’t go through this again. I said if I’ve done it once and I’ve done it twice we can go through it a third time if we have to. I don’t want to wake up in 10-15 years time and think what if we’d tried one more time.

I also feel the more you want something the further away it goes so I’m trying to stay positive but take everything in my stride what will be will be and there’s not much I can do to prevent it from happening again!

I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow! Good luck!!!

EPT Host 22

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Cjb,

I am so sorry you are suffering an ectopic pregnancy and loss once again. My situation was very similar in that six months after my 1st ectopic, and removal of the right tube, I had a cornual ectopic pregnancy in the right stump. It ruptured, and they were able to "evacuate" the ectopic pregnancy.

It’s very normal to have worries about trying to conceive. Many feel that way; I did and still struggle with it. A year after these two ectopics, I did go on to conceive naturally and to term. I received early scans (at 6 weeks), which helped provide reassurance, and was closely monitored throughout the rest of the pregnancy. The physical recovery was more swift than the emotional recovery, and it took me a long time to be comfortable with trying to conceive after these two ectopic pregnancies (also my first times ttc).

We are here to support you however we can. I know it can feel nerve-wracking to continue down the ttc path. There's no set timeline for recovery from an ectopic pregnancy. It can take some time and is very individual. If you feel that it may be useful to talk to someone, you may want to speak to your GP for a referral and a look into counselling or by contacting your local Mind centres.

We can also arrange for you to speak to someone on our helpline at the number below. Many find it of comfort to speak to someone who has been through the same thing and we can support you alongside the Counselling. You will also find more information for support on our website: http://www.ectopic.org.uk/patients/emotional-impact/

Please do look after yourself and sending our good wishes,

Michele

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, by volunteering, or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

tryagain92

Post by tryagain92 »

My goodness I could’ve written this! I just had to have surgery Tuesday evening to remove an ectopic pregnancy that was also in the stump of my removed tube and uterus (left side). It’s so hard at the min :( lots of (((hugs)))

Raman1214

Post by Raman1214 »

Hello,
I have gone through the same exact thing. I had a ruptured ectopic in my right tube in August and had surgery to remove it. 3 weeks ago I had a cornual ectopic on the same side and had surgery to remove it with the corner of the uterus.
This is such bad luck but I cannot believe that I am not alone in this. Thank you everyone for sharing, it does help knowing I am not alone.