By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2nd pregnancy ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Christina1753

2nd pregnancy ectopic

Post by Christina1753 »

Ho my name is christina I recently found out I was pregnant June 22. I was so excited over the moon. Then I went to my first ultra sound on Aug 15 it was the worst thing that ever happen to me. The ultrasound tech seemed worried and said I have to go to the er. I ask what wrong with my baby she said it looks like its ectopic. My doctor called me and told me I had a hetroectopic pregnancy meaning I had a baby In my uterus and in my right fallopian tube. I have been crying for a week straight. I know my babys are in heaven I just wish they were here so bad. But the doctor said there was nothing I did I'm perfectly healthy my tubes are good no blockage. I just dont understand how this could happen if I was so healthy. My doctor said I can still get pregnant i want to so bad but I'm extremely scared. I dont want to relive this experience again. I'm just going to be high risk pregnancy. I already have a awesome 2 year old boy and husband. I know my time will come and I will have my new baby in my arms. I'm not going to overthink about it. Just take one day at a time. I had to remove my right tube and get a d&c I'm feeling physically better emotionally a little better. :oops: thank you

EPT Host 22

Re: 2nd pregnancy ectopic

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Christina1753,

Recovery from an ectopic pregnancy can take some time and is very individual. As much as I wish I could give you more certainty, as we are so unique, I am afraid there isn't a timeframe as such. It’s important to remember that there is nothing you could have done to prevent the ectopic pregnancy. What I can say is that as the days and weeks pass, you will begin to feel more like yourself again and although the journey may be a bit of a shaky one - some days will be ok, some not so ok -, please do be kind to yourself and allow yourself all the time and space that you need to heal.

It’s very normal to have worries about trying to conceive. Many feel that way; I did and still struggle with it. With future pregnancies, it is possible to have early scans (around 6 weeks) to ensure you have the right help in the beginning. You can self refer to your local Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU). It may provide some comfort to know that it is usually possible to conceive successfully after having an ectopic pregnancy, though the time it generally takes varies considerably from couple to couple. Approximately 65 per cent of women are healthily pregnant within 18 months of ectopic pregnancy, and some studies show this rises to around 85 percent after two years. In the UK, the repeat occurrence of an EP is about 10 percent chance, but looking at it another way, there is a 90 percent chance of embryo being in the right place.

On your fertility, the egg from the tubeless side can be picked up by the other Fallopian tube, and that means that fertility is not halved with having a Fallopian tube removed. Conservative estimates suggest that an egg produced in the tubeless side manages to descend the remaining tube around 15 to 20% of the time. This means that rather than your fertility being halved it has been affected by around 30% or, looking at it another way, it means we have around a 70% opportunity of conception with each menstrual (period) cycle.

In regards to trying to conceive, the Trust advises couples to wait at least two full menstrual cycles or three months before trying to conceive again. This is to allow time for your body to heal and emotions to surface and be worked through. However, you can start taking folic acid now. It is recommended to take folic acid for at least 12 weeks prior to conception.

We understand how nerve-wracking this all can be. We are here for you, for emotional support too, and these Boards are a safe space for you. We here for as long as you need.

With warm wishes,

Michele

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, by volunteering, or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Christina1753

Re: 2nd pregnancy ectopic

Post by Christina1753 »

Thank you for your support. I just got other information from my doctor saying I'm completely healthy and I can still concieve that I just had bad that for getting the ectopic pregnancy. Iam getting better as days go by and I know I will be again to get pregnant and have my angel baby with me.