By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Tubal Stump Ectopic IVF Pregnancy. Wanted to share my story.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
EPT Host 20

Re: Tubal Stump Ectopic IVF Pregnancy. Wanted to share my st

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear sweetandsimple,
I am so, so to hear this.
I just wanted to reach out and let you know you are not alone and we are here for you.
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

sweetandsimple

Post by sweetandsimple »

Thank you Karen. Thankful for this website x

Bhakti

Post by Bhakti »

Hi Sweetsndsimple

I am so sorry!! I can’t imagine what you must be going through! You need to take some time to grieve and you May feel differently about trying again in the future. For now though just allow yourself to feel whatever you need to and don’t be too hard on yourself. Your body has been through a lot. Keep positive and smiling. Hopefully things will get better with time. My mum always says (as my sister was a miracle baby) that the moment she gave up trying it just happened when they least expected it to. My point is we literally don’t know what’s round the corner. I’ve realised you just have to go with the flow in life and if it’s meant to be it will and usually when you’re least expecting it.

If you need to talk or vent feel free to contact me. Take care. X

pammy

Post by pammy »

Oh sweetandsimple! I'm so heartbroken for you :(
What a rough time you've had. I'm sure you will get through it, you and your husband must be pretty resilient. I do hope you're able to take it easy for a while and focus on recovery/Netflix. Try and be kind to yourself.
I know we all talk about feeling sad, but I find myself really angry when I see people with lots of kids who- to my way of thinking- aren't responsible parents. Where I'm from I see them in the supermarket all the time- kids don't have shoes on, shopping trolleys filled with junk food, and they're swearing at their kids in the middle of the aisle. I know that it isn't my place to judge who is and is not a good parent (if this experience and these conversations with you ladies have taught me anything it's that everyone has struggles of some sort at some stage), but it makes my blood boil.
I had some blood results for my pregnancy the week before last and they were bad- HCG went up by about 50% rather than the 100% it should have. We were devastated and were preparing for the worst, with another painful four day wait before I could go in for my six week scan. Amazingly, it was in the right place and there was a heartbeat. It was a fraction below the rate they'd hope for, so I have to go in for another next week. I have had pretty awful cramps and am not confident there will still be a heartbeat, but will wait and see what the scan says. It must feel like such a waste for you sweetandsimple, to have a pregnancy that isn't ectopic, and then to have the heartache of losing it anyway.
I was a bit disbelieving when the radiographer said that it looked ok. The bloods were so bad and seemed to spell unviable, but was apparently not a reliable indicator. Point is, as Bhakti said, that you never really know what might be around the corner. Hopefully it's something good for everyone in our position, at last xx

Bhakti

Post by Bhakti »

Hi Pammy

Congratulations! I have my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully at your next scan the bubba will have grown stronger and bigger! Do let me know how you get on! Xx

Bhakti

Re: Tubal Stump Ectopic IVF Pregnancy. Wanted to share my story.

Post by Bhakti »

Hi sweetandsimple and pammy

Just checking in with you both. How are you?

Pammy how has your scan gone?

Hope all is well. X