By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

At how many weeks did you rupture?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
marmoannie

At how many weeks did you rupture?

Post by marmoannie »

I had my first ectopic managed by expectant management. Then I had my daughter. I now find myself pregnant again. Bloods are very low and doesn’t look viable. This is probably a stupid thing to say but my parents are visiting for Xmas (Oz) we only see eachother at most once a year and have booked a weekend away. Do I go? I’m only five weeks. It’s three nights, two hours from the city? I suppose I’m worried about rupture? Their holiday has already been ruined by the fact this pregnancy doesn’t look like it will succeed and I just want to have a few days of distraction. But am i setting myself up for a disaster?

madigan

Re: At how many weeks did you rupture?

Post by madigan »

Hi,
I'm so sorry you've got these concerns. I wouldn't like to give advice on whether to go away or not - I ruptured at 9 weeks, but with little to no symptoms until three hours of pain and very high heart rate, blacking out etc immediately before my surgery.
Xxx

EPT Host 22

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Marmoannie,

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this worrying time. Future pregnancies can bring up many anxieties for those of us who have experienced ectopic pregnancies. I'm not medically qualified to comment on your particular situation and am not familiar with the options in Australia. There may be an option for an early scan, in addition to the bloods you've had, which might provide more reassurance. As well, you may want to look into medical options nearby the place you are visiting.

However, it's very important to listen to your body and how you feel. I'm sure your family will want to be of support to you, and if that is staying nearer to home I'm sure they will understand the circumstances. It is the holidays and I encourage you to take extra care of yourself during this time period.

We are here for you, for however long you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

**********************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, fundraising, or by volunteering?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
**********************************************************************************************

marmoannie

Post by marmoannie »

Thanks I will talk to my GP and/or the EPU. Thanks