By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Has anyone had a baby after an ectopic?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Natacha

Has anyone had a baby after an ectopic?

Post by Natacha »

Need to know if actual people have had success stories instead of mere statistics. Desperate for hope.

Kate32

Re: Has anyone had a baby after an ectopic?

Post by Kate32 »

Hi,
I had an ectopic pregnancy in April which resulted in my right tube being removed in surgery. However I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and all has been well with this pregnancy. I would not recommend getting pregnant so soon after an ectopic as you are still healing and need that time. However there is hope and it can happen when you are ready. Hope this helps x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Natacha,
I went on to have two successful pregnancies after my first pregnancy was ectopic. I hope this helps.
Try to keep positive. Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Natacha

Post by Natacha »

Dear Karen and Kate,
Thank you so much - this means so much you have no idea. Kate, all the best for you and your baby
Much love to both x
Merry Christmas

Kate32

Post by Kate32 »

Thanks Natacha, it is a difficult experience and you will always worry about your next pregnancy. It took my a while before I would even buy anything baby related. But there are positive stories and you need to try to remain calm and positive yourself. I hope you get your little bundle of joy when you are ready and the time is right.
Merry Christmas to you too x

marmoannie

Post by marmoannie »

I conceived about 9 months after my ectopic and I have a little girl.

Natacha

Post by Natacha »

Thank you Marmoannie - means so much to hear positive stories. All my best :)