By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Possible ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Jadeeb30

Possible ectopic pregnancy

Post by Jadeeb30 »

Hi I am new to this forum. I had an ectopic pregnancy in January 2018 and had my right turn removed. I have just recently on 08/04 found out I am pregnant again. I had an early private scan on Tuesday 14/04 they could not see anything on the scan. On 15/04 I had my bloods tested at the early pregnancy assessment unit, they were 159, on 17/04 they were tested again and were only 210. The day after on Saturday 18/04 I started cramping and bleeding, the bleeding was not heavy, only there when I went to the toilet and wiped. They tested my bloods again on Sunday 19/04 and they were 211. I still currently have very light bleeding and have taken a clear blue weeks indicator today which is still showing as 2-3 weeks. I have been asked to go for a scan on 27/04 so they can see what is going on. Does anybody know if this is likely to be a miscarriage or another ectopic. I am very worried about it being caught to late again and me losing my only tube. Any advice would be much appreciated

EPT Host 20

Re: Possible ectopic pregnancy

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Jadeeb30,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and current worries,
It is difficult to advise you on what is happening as if scans are inconclusive, doctors would carry out a series of blood tests to check hCG levels to see if the numbers are rising as expected. However, in isolation, hCG tests only provide a part of the picture - declining levels indicate that a pregnancy has ended and will be miscarried. It can also possibly indicate an ectopic pregnancy that is "self-resolving". Also hCG levels rising by less than 66% over 48 hours means it is likely (but not certain) that it is ectopic. If levels rise normally, they suggest the pregnancy is implanted in the uterus. You may see from this that hCG levels only indicate certain possibilities and are not in themselves a definitive guide. Scans are often required to help diagnosis and this is possibly the reason why your doctors are waiting until your appointment to carry out scans and tests.

Having said this, I do think that if you are feel any pain which seems unusual and is concerning you and, in particular, if you experience any worsening bleeding or start to feel dizzy and unwell to seek urgent medical advice. It is better to get checked out to be on the safe side.

We are all here for you,
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Jadeeb30

Re: Possible ectopic pregnancy

Post by Jadeeb30 »

Thank you so much for your reply, it is comforting when going through something like this that there is a place where you can share your worries and get advise.
I had more severe cramping late last night and have continued to bleed since Saturday. My hcg levels still don’t seem to be dropping though, as clear blue pregnancy test is still reading 2-3 weeks. I’m hoping that the fact I am bleeding and cramping at this point means that it naturally starting to come to end. As last time I never had no bleeding or cramping until the day before my operation, when I just started having extreme pain. My hcg levels were 6000 last time though, so I am taking some comfort from knowing that they are way below that this time. Again thank you very much for your advice and taking the time to respond x