By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

First period/random spotting after surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Rosie88

First period/random spotting after surgery

Post by Rosie88 »

Hi, I know there are a few posts about periods on here but none that exactly answer my question and I wanted to see if anyone has had the same.

I had surgery on the 4th May to remove ectopic and lost my right Fallopian tube. I bled for a week or so, and then it stopped. I seem to be healing pretty well (although still have stitches poking out of me - when will they fall out!?). I’ve also done a pregnancy test which confirmed negative (got a v faint positive after 2 weeks and a negative a few days later).

I know periods can take a while to settle down/come back. I have PCOS and irregular periods anyway. The last few days I’ve been having a bit of brown spotting. I know brown is old blood, so could this just be blood leftover from the ectopic... or could it be spotting like the start of a period? Did anyone else experience spotting randomly after the main bleeding had stopped?

Brill88

Re: First period/random spotting after surgery

Post by Brill88 »

Yes I had this, I had a few odd days like it and then my periods returned after 2and month from surgery. My surgery was sept 2019 and I had right side removed

Rosie88

Post by Rosie88 »

That’s really helpful, thanks!

Sanwars2206

Post by Sanwars2206 »

Hey

So my op was 4weeks ago - I only bled for a few days after & not really a lot.
Past 3 days I have been spotting with brown blood aswell.

I don’t know how long it will take for an actual period now - I’m kinda hoping I never have one again cos it will be another milestone to remember of the loss but I no it doesn’t work like that 😢.

X