By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Any advice on what i can do with the remains i am going to be given from my ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Beckie7412

Any advice on what i can do with the remains i am going to be given from my ectopic pregnancy

Post by Beckie7412 »

Hi

Sorry for such a difficult question. I am only in the beginning of my journey and whilst i was alone in hospital going through all of the tests and being told i needed emergency surgery because i had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured in my right tube. My question is i was asked if i wanted the tissue ect i of course said yes that was going to be my baby. A baby i wanted. I am just wondering if there is a funeral place i can call or anyone i can call to maybe make arrangements for them to be cremated so i can keep them. If anyone can help me i would be much appreciated thank you

Sanwars2206

Re: Any advice on what i can do with the remains i am going to be given from my ectopic pregnancy

Post by Sanwars2206 »

Hi Beckie7412

So sorry you’ve been through this. I also went through this alone & had my left tube removed.
I was asked the same however at the hospital they have a baby garden & they offered this to you aswell.
Maybe call the EPU at the hospital & see if they have a garden?

Sending good thoughts you’re way x

EPT Host 20

Re: Any advice on what i can do with the remains i am going to be given from my ectopic pregnancy

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Beckie7412,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,

There are several guidelines for medical professionals to follow regarding the sensitive treatment of your baby. As a result, many hospitals have adopted arrangements with local crematoria, but they are guidelines, and procedures vary from hospital to hospital.
We recommend that for local information about your hospital, and services offered in your area, you contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) department and ask what the hospital policy or local arrangements are for sensitive treatment of your baby. This may give you an idea of local facilities.
The hospital chaplain will do whatever they can to accommodate your needs in relation to your honouring your loss. They will almost certainly have a baby loss service of some kind and you might also like to see what the Baby Loss Awareness Campaign has organised in your area for the next celebrations and acts of remembrance.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Beckie7412

Post by Beckie7412 »

Thank you both for your replies both are very helpful. I am still waiting to hear any updates i am told it could take around 6 weeks to hear anything before next steps of what we would like to do.