By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

IVF after losing both tubes

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
hj_sherren

IVF after losing both tubes

Post by hj_sherren »

Hi
I must admit I’ve never posted on a forum before but I’m finding it hard discussing it with people that haven’t been through it and don’t really understand.
4 years ago I had my first ectopic pregnancy and lost my left Fallopian tube. Luckily 8 months later I fell pregnant naturally with my little girl who Is now 2 and a half years old and I am so grateful that we got our miracle baby after nearly 4 years of trying.
My husband and I have been trying for our 2nd baby for the past 6 months and we were so excited to find out 5 weeks ago that we were pregnant again but unfortunately it was another ectopic. I had to have emergency surgery (nearly 4 weeks ago) because the tube ruptured and now I can’t have any more children naturally because I’ve lost both tubes. A few people have said I should be grateful that I’ve got a child and believe me I am it just doesn’t make what I’ve been through and losing another any easier because we really wanted to extend our family. Has anyone else lost both tubes and gone down the IVF route? If so what was the experience like?
People keep telling me not to put myself through anymore (because I nearly lost my life this time) but it’s hard when it’s all you want. Does it put your body through a lot? I’ve heard so many scary stories.
Any advise is very much appreciated xx

EPT Host 22

Re: IVF after losing both tubes

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi hj_sherren,

I'm so sorry to hear of everything you have been through, and that you are going through this time once again. It is such a difficult experience to explain to those who have not been through it. It is possible to be grateful for the children in our lives, while at the same time grieving the loss of what we hoped and planned to be. I'm not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation, but encourage you to speak with your GP and medical providers about which routes may be available to you. We've had women in your situation post on the boards before, and you may find comfort in those posts (see the Board Trying to Conceive after an Ectopic Pregnancy). There remain risks of ectopic pregnancy with IVF treatment, but again, your medical providers would be best able to advise.

Please know that as you go through these decisions, we are here for you whenever you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team