By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic Pregnancy after Infertility

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kelc09

Ectopic Pregnancy after Infertility

Post by Kelc09 »

Hi everyone
I am new here, but I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience.
My husband and I started trying to conceive in 2012 when our son was a year old. 8 years later, with 5 rounds of fertility meds, we still hadn't gotten pregnant. We had actually completely given up and were in the process of adopting when I got my positive test in April. I was 7 weeks pregnant when I found out because we just didn't think it was possible.
When I was 10W3days, I started to bleed and cramp and went to the ER to get checked out. The Dr ran some bloodwork and did an ultrasound but he couldn't find anything in my abdomen. He scheduled me for an ultrasound in the imaging centre the next day to see what was going on as my HCG levels were high enough that they should be able to see something.
I went in the next morning around 9:30am, and was passed from prenatal to imaging to the ER. The imaging centre found fluid in my abdomen and near an ovary, and the tech found a very sore spot with the transvaginal wand that made me want to kick her in the face each time she hit it.
The ER Doctor called in the gynecologist, who did an exam, asked me questions and ultimately scheduled me for surgery. I didn't have shoulder pain, or a positive diagnoses from the ultrasound, so he kind of went in blind.
I had my right fallopian tube and baby removed, as well as a cyst from my left ovary - probably the cause of the pain.
So now I am 4 weeks past surgery, and my husband and I feel like our heads are spinning. We waited 8 years for that pregnancy and it ended so abruptly, we're having a hard time processing it. We're having a hard time even thinking about what to do next.
Is or has anyone experienced a similar situation?

EPT Host 22

Re: Ectopic Pregnancy after Infertility

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Kelc09,

I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. It is an emotional and physical trauma that can leave us with so many questions. These boards are filled with the experience of women and men who are, unfortunately, united by this experience. Your surgery was still so recent and I want to encourage you to continue being kind to yourself and putting yourself first. Even though our bodies may recover quickly, there can be many feelings that linger and make themselves known after weeks or months.

I'm not medically qualified and cannot speak to what your next steps might be. I would encourage you to direct any questions to your GP and medical providers. You may find that journaling helps to provide an outlet for your thoughts and questions. It may be that the next steps still require some time to decide, and truly, it's important to take everything in your own time. I want you to know that we are here for you throughout, and if you would ever find it useful to speak with one of us, the contact information is in the signature below.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team