By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Was it because I'm fat?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Archie86

Was it because I'm fat?

Post by Archie86 »

Was my ectopic caused because I'm fat? I'm a size 24, I know I'm big, I'm really trying to lose weight, but am I to blame? :?:

Sanwars2206

Re: Was it because I'm fat?

Post by Sanwars2206 »

Hi Archie86

I don’t believe weight has any relevance on ectopic pregnancies but I’m not medical.
I can tell you I am smaller than you & have had 3 loses 2x ectopic, I which was resolved with surgery & weight didn’t play any part in that.
Everyone says ‘it’s not ur fault’ but I know it means nothing when ur the one who has gone through it, if your like me you will have analysed every minute of everyday from when u ovulated to getting pregnant & being confirmed it was ectopic to find what it was that u did - I no logically I did nothing but I can’t believe it it’s so hard to believe it has happened.
I got through one ectopic before I know it can be done so have hope one day you will feel better than you do today xx

Bht

Post by Bht »

Hi there, I definitely don’t think it has anything to do with weight. I’ve been reading up about causes constantly since having methotrexate 5 weeks ago. I’ve not seen weight mentioned anywhere. I too am struggling with the what have I done wrong in the past to cause this, could it be an infection, the mini pill etc.... it’s torture but I’m trying to focus on the fact that I won’t know so there is no point with the what ifs but it’s so hard.
Please look after yourself and hopefully with time we will both feel more positive!xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Archie86,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I know that when I had my ectopic pregnancy I also looked for a reason and almost automatically we tend to blame ourselves. From the bottom of my heart, there is nothing you could have done to prevent the ectopic pregnancy from happening. I cannot emphasise enough - you are not to blame. Please be kind to yourself and I send you gentle hugs.
Karen x
The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Archie86

Post by Archie86 »

Thank you all for your reassurance, I know deep down there was no reason why this happens but was having a down day last week, thank you for lifting me out of the slump x