By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnant and worried.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
marmoannie

Pregnant and worried.

Post by marmoannie »

I don’t know if I have a question or if I just need to air my feelings.
This is my fourth pregnancy, I have one child. My first pregnancy was an expectantly managed ectopic which I got little closure from as it took 8 months to resolve. My third pregnancy was a chemical miscarriage which was unplanned. I was in complete denial about my feelings with that one until a few months later.
Now I’m pregnant again (not even four weeks) and I can’t sleep I keep waking up thinking I’m bleeding. I also have pain in my left side although I’m pretty sure I ovulated from my right side. But surely it’s too early for pain if it’s ectopic?
Starting to track my HCG today. When did people have scans? I know with my daughter it was six weeks but is it worth doing one at 5 weeks just incase?
Thanks.

EPT Host 20

Re: Pregnant and worried.

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear marmoannie,
Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy,

After an ectopic pregnancy, finding we are pregnant again can be a mix of emotions and I can completely understand your feeling nervous. It is perfectly normal to feel scared after the ordeal you have endured. I also felt twinges and aches after my ectopic pregnancy, particularly when I next felt pregnant. My mind started racing and I was only really able to relax to some degree after my early scan. It is a nerve-wracking time and you have a friend here who understands how you are feeling.

Speaking from UK medical practice and standards, usually doctors carry out an internal transvaginal scan at around six weeks with subsequent pregnancies after an ectopic. This is because there is a reasonable chance of seeing an embryo around this six week mark.
We advise contacting your local EPU, reminding them of your ectopic pregnancy and booking an appointment. If you are unable to self refer, contact your GP who will be able to do this for you.

Whilst I do not wish to alarm you, I sadly have to remind you that if you experience any unusual bleeding, abdominal pain, shoulder tip pain, bladder or bowel problems or feel dizzy and unwell to seek urgent medical advice.

Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

marmoannie

Re: Pregnant and worried.

Post by marmoannie »

Thanks Karen. You’re always so kind.