By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

second injection of methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
kerriesmith85

second injection of methotrexate

Post by kerriesmith85 »

Hi everyone
I had the copper coil as contriception and 2 weeks after my regular period i had a bleed. I went doctors which confirmed pregnancy.
I went to have bloods and scan repeatdly over the corse of the next 9 days. I had the injection at 4000+ and within a week they had risen to 5000+ ( this was at the reduced rate to what it was previously which was doubling every 2 days).
I am concered the 2nd dose will not be effecrive as my levels have risen above 5000 does anyone have any advice on this?
I am due to go back in 3 days to get my bloods re-accessed.
Please anyone had this and not needed surgery?

dlm08

Re: second injection of methotrexate

Post by dlm08 »

I'm sorry you're going through this. Last year I had an ectopic with the copper coil. While my levels were never as high as yours (my first injection was at 220), for the first 7 days after that injection, I continued to double every 48hrs. I got the second injection a week later and it worked. I dropped to 0 within 2 weeks. When the first injection didn't work at all, I had no hope the second one would, but my doctor said some people just need the two to work together, and she was right. I'm hoping it works for you too!

Dana

Bht

Re: second injection of methotrexate

Post by Bht »

Hi there, I had first injection on 29th May (levels 3200) and my levels rose to 5800 4 days later. I had second injection with level at 5100 a week after the first. It’s been a long process but 7 weeks after diagnosis I’ve been told I’m at 0 today so need for op etc. Hope that helps, it’s such an awful stressful time but just trust yourself to know your body x