By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Non-tubular Ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
GRaats

Non-tubular Ectopic

Post by GRaats »

Hello, this is so lovely to have discovered this whole forum for ectopic pregnancy I am so grateful.

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge on my queries:
If the ectopic pregnancy is as far along as a 2cm gestation sac - is it still able to be dissolved by the body and pass naturally, or is it too far for that?

Secondly, mine has become non-tubular, moving from out of the Fallopian tube, does anyone know if surgery has to go ahead, if the whole tube would be removed in this case still or just the ectopic removed? I hope this makes sense.

Thirdly is it possible for a yolk to still form at my stage? Any information/advice would be amazing and I really appreciate anything anyone has to say about it all.

Thanks again and much love to every on here.

Genevieve

EPT Host 20

Re: Non-tubular Ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Genevieve,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your queries and would advise talking through options with your medical team.
I am a little confused with your post, sorry, as sadly with ectopic pregnancy, the fertilised egg, becomes implanted somewhere other than the womb and you mention a gestational sac that has moved, is this in the womb?
This is often known as a Pregnancy of Unknown Location or PUL. This is not a diagnosis but a label until the final location can be identified with certainty. For every 100 pregnancies labelled as a PUL about 10 will subsequently be found to be ectopic; and not all of these will need treatment.
If it has moved from your fallopian tube, I would guess that you may not need surgery, but again this would need to be discussed with your medical team.
Are you having further scans or blood tests to clarify what is happening?

I'm sorry I cannot give you any definitive answers, and I hope you are being followed up. Please feel free to contact us again or with more information so I maybe able to assist you further.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team