By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Beginning fertility treatment after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Abilouise

Beginning fertility treatment after ectopic

Post by Abilouise »

Hiya

I know it’s. Not about a ectopic pregnancy ! but I did have one pregnancy which was ectopic and loss of left tube in January! I also have pcos , after only just having my periods return well to what I can call a regular cycle (pcos regular cycle) if I can even call it that ! but more regular to my body I still have not been ovulating since the pregnancy! shown with the clear blue ovulation kit every month since! I never get my peak :( so today we took the step into going to a private fertility clinic! in hope they can help! I’m so mixed with emotions of hope and feeling like if i do fall again will it just end the same way :( I’m trying my best to keep positive! next wedneday I will get the results from tests I had done and the next step to whatever route we may need to take! anyone else have 1 tube along side pcos and had to do fertility treatment ?!! Is there any success stories ! I would love to know xxxx
Ps: we have been trying for a year and half now with only 1 success which ended up in a loss :(
Thank you for reading xxx

EPT Host 22

Re: Beginning fertility treatment after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Abilouise,

I am so sorry you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss, and that you are going through such a worrying time. It's hopeful that you have found a clinic to work with and I'm sending good thoughts and support your way. I wanted to let you know that we also have a forum board called "Alternative Routes to Motherhood. Assisted Conception. Adoption." which might have more posts from people who have the experience you are seeking.

Sending you many good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Sanwars2206

Post by Sanwars2206 »

Hi Abilouise

I have had 2x ectopics & lost my left tube. I am waiting for my app with the NHS to start fertility treatment but have been thinking about private in the back of my mind.
Are u in the U.K.?
I am very nervous, don’t no what to expect, don’t no if it’s too soon, don’t no if it’s the right thing to do but I’m 36 with no timescale as to when I’ll see anyone on the NHS & life just seems pointless now all my plans have been shattered again.
X

Abilouise

Post by Abilouise »

Hello!

Yes I’m British! I live in Essex and going to a company called simply fertility, I was referred by the nhs to see a gynaecologist which got cancelled with the COVID but still no letter 7 months later to reschedule, I understand the pressure but at the same time I can’t wait around any longer!
So that’s why we have gone private ! I got tests (scans bloods etc ) including partners semen check last week , and have a consultation on Wednesday with the results So within a 2 weeks! We get answers I would be waiting a year for on the NHS, so to me it’s well worth the money! Hopefully on Wednesday next week we get some good news with the results and find out what we need to do next!

It is a lot of money and having to use whatever money we have to do it, but if it gets us a baby then to me there is so price tag! but everyone’s situation is different , I suppose we are lucky to be able to afford it even if it is very tight!

You can always just pay for the first tests of what is causing the issue? or a consultation and see what you think?
I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and hope we both get our babies one way or another ! :( xxxxx

grifter

Post by grifter »

you can get some of the tests done on the NHS like blood and semen tests so you don't need to pay for them at the clinic. Make sure you get the tests done as close to when you go for IVF, as some clinics want you to redo the tests if it's a while since you done them.