By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Wound ? Infection

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Tara2

Wound ? Infection

Post by Tara2 »

Hi ladies,
Has anyone had problems with their wounds post op? On Sunday my lower wound was oozing and increasingly painful, the nurse took a stitch out which helped the wound and it’s healed well. However since then I’ve noticed a blister looking lump in my belly button and it’s oozing green/smelly discharge- sorry for the info! I’ve rang my GP surgery and they’ve done me a prescription of oral antibiotics. It’s so sore !! This is the most pain I’ve experience since the op, I’m now 3 and half weeks since the op and getting so frustrated. I’m eating plenty of fruit, veg , drinking plenty of fluids, kept my wounds cleaned so I expected to have healed physically.
Has anyone else experienced this ?
Thank you

EPT Host 22

Re: Wound ? Infection

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Tara2,

I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss, and now, further complications. Unfortunately, I am not medically trained, but I would advise speaking to your GP or practice nurse as they may have advised keeping the area as dry as possible. If it is still quite smelly, I would advise getting it reviewed as this may mean that there continues to be some infection present.

I know how frustrating a process the recovery from ectopic pregnancy can be. It takes a toll both physically and emotionally. Your surgery is still so very recent. Keep looking after yourself and getting as much rest as possible. Always feel able to reach out to your GP if your wound is not healing and to ensure that the infection is subsiding.

We are here anytime you need it.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Feyram

Post by Feyram »

Hi,
I had an operation on Friday and they removed my left tube. On discharge they haven’t really told me what to do with the dressings. Did you go to your GP after a week for them to have a look and change them? I’m very paranoid about them getting infected so just wondering what i should be doing!
Thanks,
Mary

Tara2

Post by Tara2 »

Hi Mary,
Sorry to hear of your recent ectopic , I was sent home from the hospital with some spare dressings they advised to leave them on for a couple of days (I put fresh dressings on after the shower). I’m four weeks now and 2 of the 4 incisions have healed really well it’s just my belly button and the right incision. I just kept an eye out for an oozing, redness, pain, hot to touch. I’ve eaten lots of fruit and veg, drank plenty to promote wound healing! I was advised to shower and not use soap on the wounds , the stitches should dissolve on their own but after a few weeks mine hadn’t so I had them taken out.
Take care Mary,
Tara