By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Please help, need opinions and advice

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Ashylou66

Please help, need opinions and advice

Post by Ashylou66 »

started bleeding on Aug 2nd, took a test on the 9th, was positive, went to the er because the bleeding scared me, ive had an ectopic before. They did all of the exams, there was nothing, no sac on the ultrasound. Ive been going back, yesterday was the newest appointment. The first time I went my hcg was 1130, it rose once and dropped twice since that, now its at 900, there was no baby on the scan and no obvious signs of anything in the tube. Im still passing small amounts of blood, brownish and sometimes lighter. The doctor would not give me methotrexate even though I strongly pleaded for it because i am terrified. I just want to know if anyone else has had levels dropping and it resolved on its own, in my mind theres no way it could bwcause im so afraid. I do have lower discomfort, like a period, but not intense, mild. I jjst wonder am I at risk to burst at any moment? Last few times the levels dropped and no sign of a heartbeat. Slight thickening of the uterus was detected.

Ashylou66

Re: Please help, need opinions and advice

Post by Ashylou66 »

Been having pretty consistent bleeding, brownish, similar to the coffee ground consistency

Ashylou66

Post by Ashylou66 »

Now my blood is a pinkish color, like salmon and still seeing the speckled grounds as well.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Ashylou66,
Not knowing what is happening to our bodies can be extremely overwhelming and you have friends here who understand. Whilst I was not diagnosed with a pregnancy of unknown location, I was admitted to hospital with a ? ectopic pregnancy on a Friday evening of a bank holiday weekend so I had to wait until the Tuesday to be informed that I was indeed having an ectopic pregnancy and it really was the most anxious wait.

It sounds as though you are currently being treated as having a Pregnancy of unknown location - (PUL). It is important to understand that this is not a diagnosis; it is a label given until the final location of the pregnancy can be identified with certainty. In the event of a PUL, blood will be taken to measure serum progesterone and hCG and the hCG test repeated 48 hours later. The doctors would also want to repeat the scan.

Until the location of the pregnancy is known definitively or the serum hormone levels have decreased to below pregnancy levels, there is a risk of complications associated with an as yet undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy. It maybe reassuring that for every 100 pregnancies labelled as a PUL about 10 will subsequently be found to be ectopic; but not all of these will need treatment. If treatment is required, (methotraxate injection or surgery) this will depend on the results of blood tests and scans and I would discuss this further with you Dr. However your levels seem to be decreasing on their own.

Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your symptoms, however I would always advise to seek medical attention if you get any shoulder tip pain, worsening pain or bleeding symptoms or you are experiencing or dizziness and feeling unwell.

We would gently remind you to not undertake any strenuous exercise or lifting or housework while your hCG levels are dropping. While I do not want to alarm you, there remains the risk of rupture even with low or declining hCG levels. You should not resume exercise until your hCG levels are falling consistently and are in the low 100s.

I am sorry that I cannot provide you with more precise details but I hope all becomes much clearer over the forthcoming blood tests and scans.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Ashylou66

Post by Ashylou66 »

ty for writing back,we never did find the location. =/ hcg was 180 last week.