By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

HSG/HyCoSy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Jen1111

HSG/HyCoSy

Post by Jen1111 »

Hi Everyone, I wondered if anyone had managed to have a HyCoSy or HSG test anywhere in the U.K. since the Covid pandemic? I am Midlands based and I cannot find anywhere that is offering this procedure, either privately or on the NHS. It seems that they’ve all been cancelled due to Covid. Does anyone have any experience of this too? Thanks in advance xxx

EPT Host 20

Re: HSG/HyCoSy

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Jen1111,
I am sorry but I cannot give you specific advice on areas and investigations that are being completed but I am aware that most hospitals have yet to start routine procedures just yet due to Covid-19.
I would advise speaking to your GP who maybe able to refer you so that you are in the system once routine procedures begin again.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

EP23

Post by EP23 »

So I’m in London and I had an ultrasound privately in July which didn’t show anything and the doctor implied I was imagining it. She said you shouldn’t have an x ray etc until 6 months after the ectopic because it can irritate your tubes if they’re still healing.

I have finally managed to get a referral on the NHS (it’s now 5 months). I’m really scared I’ll tempt fate by saying this but the nurse where I’m being seen has told me to phone on the first day of my next period to book in the HSG. So hopefully I will have it soon.

I think there is so much miscommunication in the NHS, especially from COVID. When I phoned to book my initial consultation I got redirected all over the place and some departments said treatments haven’t resumed yet and some said they had. This particular hospital has been doing phone consultations this whole time and resumed treatments in June. I spoke to 5 people before I got that confirmed.

I had real problems actually getting the referral from the GP to the hospital in the first place. It kept getting rejected by the board who deal with referrals. In the end I actually phoned them and said if they reject it again and anything happens to me I will hold them responsible and take legal action against them. The acceptance letter arrived in the post the next day. It’s a shame you have to go through so much and still they make your life difficult. My advice is to be really forceful and don’t take no for an answer. Good luck xx

Jen1111

Post by Jen1111 »

Oh my gosh, how stressful! I’m so glad you have (fingers crossed) got something lined up now.

I spoke to a consultant directly at Coventry hospital who said HSGs and HyCoSys haven’t restarted there. Apparently they have in Birmingham but I can’t get through to the right dept to find out.

I have now found a clinic in London who will do a HyCoSy, but I don’t really want to travel for 2 hours for a procedure that really could be done more locally to me.

Will you let me know how your HSG goes? I’ve sent you an email (it’ll come through from the ectopic address but if you reply it goes direct to me if you prefer?). I’m so confused as to why I’m in pain still and it would be helpful to know if there is any reason for it found on your scan. Good luck with it, I hope it happens and goes ok xxx