By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

1 week post surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Coco2316

1 week post surgery

Post by Coco2316 »

Hi all,

I found out I was having an ectopic pregnancy at 7 weeks after having continued pain and bleeding for around 2 weeks. I was taken to surgery, they did not remove my tube as they discovered my left tube was also damaged with scar tissue so did not want to risk removing my right tube so instead removed what they could from my right tube of the pregnancy tissue, meaning I have also had to have a dose of the methotrexate.

I am 1 week post surgery, I am very sore and tender on my right side still and get twinges and sharp shooting pains every so often, also today my left shoulder has started hurting again, it doesn’t feel like the pain from the gas as that subsided after around day 4 post op. I am worried that something is going wrong internally again post surgery.

I felt completely let down and fobbed off to be honest from the service I have received so far and don’t know whether just to stick it through or contact someone about my pain.

I’m just so confused and scared at what my body is doing,

😔

EPT Host 20

Re: 1 week post surgery

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Coco2316,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and that you are feeling let down.
Pain can be normal after surgery however pain is also very subjective and if you are feeling that it is worsening, it is best to get checked out just to be on the safe side. Your EPU, should have given you a number to call, but if this is not the case, speak to your GP or call NHS111 if it is out of hours and you are concerned. We would obviously advise attending A&E with any serious concerns.

These boards are a safe space to share, ask questions, or to vent. They are filled with people who have been through similar experiences and journeys, and we are here for you for as long as you need.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Beth duffin

Re: 1 week post surgery

Post by Beth duffin »

Sorry about the ectopic and your loss. I was wondering if you could answer me a question ?