By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

COVID-19 vaccine after methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Abatross

COVID-19 vaccine after methotrexate

Post by Abatross »

I'm a healthcare worker and have been offered the COVID-19 vaccine. I'm keen to take it as soon as I can but am currently 14 days post methotrexate for ectopic pregnancy. I'm planning on calling the EPU tomorrow to ask but does anyone know if there's any reason I would need to delay taking the vaccine? Anyone been in a similar position?

EPT Host 22

Re: COVID-19 vaccine after methotrexate

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Abatross,

Thank you very much for your enquiry. You are the first who has asked about the vaccine and MTX. As you know, there isn't research on the topic as of yet. However, I suspect we will have similar questions in the upcoming weeks and months.

We have enquired with our medical advisors and their feedback was: "No need to delay, she can take the vaccine".

We would also be interested if you receive any particular language from the EPU, as we can continue to update our own resources and responses.

With good wishes,

Michele

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Abatross

Re: COVID-19 vaccine after methotrexate

Post by Abatross »

Thanks Michele, that's what my EPU told me as well x