By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Just had my 2nd ectopic both tubes removed

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Gemmad_50

Just had my 2nd ectopic both tubes removed

Post by Gemmad_50 »

Hi Everyone

I'm new on here literally don't know what to say or how to begin. Right now I'm currently still in hospital and I just feel numb. The staff have been lovely but I'm just another bed really they dont have a clue, I'm in gynaecology which is located in the maternity unit how ironic.

My story. I suffered my first etopic pregnancy in 2012 I was only 21 and have never heard of it before, unfortunately I didn't have much time to research as my tube had ruptured and I was taken straight to theatre and had my right tube removed. I don't really know how I felt I left hospital emotional and down but I never recieved any help. There was never any offer of support, counselling or follow up. I already had a little girl who was 1 and I think she got my through it.

I was automatically high risk now for any pregnancy. I suffered 2 further miscarriages. I was very blessed mind you to have 2 other rainbow daughters after each lost. Fast forward to now.

I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago. This would have been my 4th child. I felt absolutely fine there was no bleeding or cramping. I went to early pregnancy and had my HCG levels done and a scan, scan was too early. HCG levels came back OK. I continued the bloods every 2 days for a week. The levels were rising but not doubling which was making them concerned. I still felt fine in myself no bleeding or pain. I was offered a 2nd scan which showed no visible pregnancy in the uterus. There was a mass in my left tube. Along with the bloods this was pointing to a 2nd ectopic. I went into complete denial. I then had to be admitted to hospital a few days later for cramp. Still no bleeding levels still rising. I was given 2 options after a 3rd scan to confirm same as 2nd. To have surgery or methotrexate. I decided to go for methotrexate as I only had 1 tube left.

After the methotrexate initially I felt OK, I got mild pain after a few days, felt sick nothing major. Day 4 my bloods rised as normal. Day 7 they started to come down significantly all seemed positive. Day 9 I suffered quite a server bleed right through my clothes onto my sofa and was passing quite alot of clots. Initially I thought ok this must be the pregnancy passing. Maternity unit told me to keep An eye on it.

Day 10 I had sudden pain I decide to go lie in my bed. Took painkillers and nothing was touching it I then could not move my lower body it was so sore. I had to call an ambulance. On arrival to A&E I was refused painkillers as it wasn't in the time zone for more!!! I was in server pain and had to wait 2 hours for the doctor to come down. Thankfully she gave me morphine 2 Jags and I still could not move they then gave me co-codamol still didn't touch the pain. Scan showed bleeding inside the tube had ruptured and so did my future...

I went straight to surgery. This morning I was told the worst news ever I lost my 2nd tube. So this is my fate. I am 29 years old and I am now infertile and I am completely heartbroken and numb. All my family and friends keep saying to me is you have 3 beautiful kids your so blessed etc. Believe me I know how blessed I am and I love my kids more than life.

But does that mean I've not to grieve my lost?.
Ive not to be hurting so bad I can't think of anything else!
I can't sleep properly
I can't eat properly
I don't want to speak to anyone.

Where do I go from here what the [heck] happenes now, how do I begin to process and heal...

If you are in my position or been in my position please send me some advice. Much love x

EPT Host 20

Re: Just had my 2nd ectopic both tubes removed

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Gemma,
I am so, so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancies and losses. To experience one loss is difficult, to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you. From your own words, I can only imagine how scary this all was and I'm so sorry you have had to go through this.
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal.
You of course have every right to grieve for the loss of your baby. You have been through an immense ordeal and it really is going to take time to come to terms with. I found that although well-meaning, my friends and family didn't truly understand how I felt following my ectopic pregnancy but you have friends here who understand and you can continue to lean on us for as long as you need.

Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
Sending much and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team