By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Masturbation

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Rosepop1

Masturbation

Post by Rosepop1 »

Hi.
I know this may seem like a trivial thing after everything we've been through but it's another outlet for emotion and another way to connect with my partner

I had a laprascopy and had my right tube and pregnancy removed on Saturday 4th December. I didn't have any other drugs or treatment. This was my first pregnancy.

The problem is I don't know when it is safe to have any kind of sexual interaction. I don't really care about penetrative sex at the moment. But I don't know when I can do anything at all. I just want to reclaim my body a bit. With external stimulation but I worry that the contractions of an orgasm might make things bleed or that I just shouldn't be doing it. But if I'm allowed to do it, it would make a lot of difference right now.

We don't have any contact with the surgeon to ask him and I don't currently have a GP that knows anything about what has happened.

Hope anyone can help

EPT Host 20

Re: Masturbation

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Rosie,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss, and very much understand the desire to get back to doing normal things,
We generally advise delaying anything that increases intra -abdominal pressure such as penetrative intercourse but as you have mentioned, there are other ways of being intimate and as long as you are comfortable, masturbation should be fine.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Rosepop1

Post by Rosepop1 »

Thank you and just so this helps others we waited till the Sunday night. So 8 days post surgery everything was fine and no problems since, we are now 16 days post surgery and still no problems. We haven't had sex yet because I'm definitely having hang ups about potential pregnancies and currently never wanting to be pregnant ever again.

It does annoy me that no advice was given about sex or intimacy post surgery.

BonnieB

Post by BonnieB »

I know this is an old post but I just wanted to say thank you so much for the advice here. I felt the exact same - my surgery and tube removal was last Monday and I want to connect with my partner via foreplay (absolutely no sex) but I’m terrified of orgasming and my stomach bursting or something equally dramatic. It’s so reassuring to hear that orgasm should be fine and that it worked out for you. I hope a couple of years on that things have turned out wonderfully for you xx