By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Week post burst eptopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
xCheli

Week post burst eptopic

Post by xCheli »

Hi.

I had the op last week after 9hours in A&E (after my hand was refused an ambulance and told to wait 3 hours I dragged myself into the car after regaining conscious...) tests were done within 3 hours... then 6 hours of waiting until I was taken in the back and given a bad after throwing up then another 6hours waiting for a scan to be told alone...without my husband it had burst and they needed to remove the tube. The nurses broke protocol to hug me and support me until my husband came then I had another 2/3 hours waiting for the surgeon as covid broke put on the ward for emergency ops...so that...was fun... I spent 3 days in as I kept panicking and fainting... day before I aimed to go home as I was believing their "ell you'll recover better at home" the nurse came back after finishing her shift to give me the website...her care once I got on that ward eased the trauma a bit...

I came home after and felt fine, but panicked and went to husbands mums I've now come home after 4 days thinking I was fine, I'm walknt around a bit more but the pains are bringing back that traumatic day kinda feels like a stitch come undone... no blood that stopped after 3 days and outer stitches are fine...

They said they took the right tube but I keep feeling a strange pain on my left side. I will ring the gynaecologist team on Monday...but hadanyonr felt this? I'm trying my hardest to feel its not my fault but u feel it is I wished id screamed at my gp for a scan or paid for one when I noticed a weird bleed but they just kept taking bloods... until I collapsed from agony and landed in a&e... I feel if id done that I'd still have my tube...the gynaecologist team told me there's nothing I could've done... but I feel so frustrated and they said ring them direct as soon as I know I'm pregnant or trying again... so I feel maybe someone will listen... maybe..

I also don't know how to process how I'm feeling I feel guilty, empty and just scared it'll never be normal or if it'll ever work again ... or if this is the new normal...? Or am I rushing recovery by walking around and climbing stairs...I hate this.

Sry if its confusing and in wrong part

Rosepop1

Re: Week post burst eptopic

Post by Rosepop1 »

I am one week recovery, I had slightly different care but feel very much the same. Questioning ever possible thing.

xCheli

Post by xCheli »

Rosepop1 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:28 am
I am one week recovery, I had slightly different care but feel very much the same. Questioning ever possible thing.
Hi rose x I'm sorry to hear 😥 Hope your recovery is going well.

Have you been feeling a kind of velcro feeling around the scars? It's weird, my MIL had similar procedure and says it's normal just so weird and remind me of everything...

Also keep wandering around to cope...so I'm .probably making it worse...?

Rosepop1

Post by Rosepop1 »

Now I'm 8 days after the surgery and apart from a few twinges nothing really hurts. When i sit up and lean forward a little, like when I eat my tea the middle scar pulls a little and my sides above my hips ache but nothing to bad. Xx I'm sure your healing fine just keep looking after yourself

xCheli

Post by xCheli »

Rosepop1 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:27 am
Now I'm 8 days after the surgery and apart from a few twinges nothing really hurts. When i sit up and lean forward a little, like when I eat my tea the middle scar pulls a little and my sides above my hips ache but nothing to bad. Xx I'm sure your healing fine just keep looking after yourself
Thank you Rose x x

Thats pretty much what I'm getting but it's just on my left side. Which concerns me as the tube was removed on my right. And I tend to overtime and worry a lot now 🙃

I'll keep trying to rest x x l ook after yourself too 💝

Rosepop1

Post by Rosepop1 »

I'm getting it on both sides but the have surgery sites both sides so I'm assuming that's why there is pain there. Well hoping so anyway.

hrh23

Post by hrh23 »

Hi everyone,

I'm 4 weeks post surgery. My ectopic pregnancy was in my right fallopian tube, but I felt all my discomfort and pain in my left side and into my bottom - apparently that's quite normal. So try not to worry about that.

One week is still very early days, so please be kind to yourselves. I'm only starting to feel anything like normal this week. I had some side effects from the anaesthetic which left me with weird heartbeat and palpitations, but that has passed too. My scars took 3 weeks to properly heal and they still feel itchy and stingy at times, especially the belly button!

While my pregnancy was unplanned and I don't plan on having anymore children I still feel a real sense of loss, and so does my husband, and the whole experience was really traumatic.

Please give yourselves time to heal physically and emotionally, and don't feel like you have to be fully recovered anytime soon. This website has been brilliant for helping me come to terms with things so make good use of the support on offer.

Sending you all love and kind thoughts

H x

xCheli

Post by xCheli »

Hi H, thank you, I hope your recovery is going well and same to you rose x x
It's very weird how the left side is so uncomfortable..I feel like I'm standing/sitting/moving more on my left like it should help in some weird way.
The pains easing, able to sit up and eat, but yeah that emptiness is just there and I feel the same like itll never go away..so I've shelved the thought of children for now. The gynaecologist team reconfirmed everything that I remembered and advised me its perfectly normal as well so i got a bit of closure there too.

I'm def remembering to cause a scene to get help should I decide to try again... rather then being quiet and patient 🥲...

I agree these forums are great even for just reading through but I'm glad I got the courage to reach out I feel a bit more at ease now.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear xCheli,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss. From your own words, I can imagine what a frightening experience this must have been and I am so sorry you have had to go through this.

Experiencing an ectopic pregnancy is a huge ordeal and you are in the early stages of recovery. Your body needs time to heal from your surgery which is in itself a gruelling task. You have also had to process the loss of your baby and been through an immense rollercoaster of emotions - all of this will take time to come to terms with.

You should take it very easily for about six weeks after surgery. Your body will be using its energies to heal internally. It is normal to feel physically and emotionally exhausted during this time and please do be kind to yourself. Recovery can take time and some days will be better than others, one day you maybe ok and the next you maybe in discomfort or more emotional. This is perfectly usual and the healing process will go back and forth in this way for however long you need. It is important to listen to your body's signals and pain and feeling tired are your body's signs to tell you to rest. We suggest keeping a healthy balanced diet, drinking lots of water and resting. Once your wounds have healed, very gentle exercise such as a short walk can help, but please do take this slowly.

Yes, it is correct that you should have an early pregnancy scan at around 6 weeks with any subsequent pregnancies. Hopefully this will put your mind at ease to know you are under the radar of medical professionals straight away. You can organise this by calling your local EPU to self refer or speak to your GP if you can not self refer.

It is completely normal to ask questions as to why this has happened, almost automatically we blame ourselves, I did too. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to prevent ectopic pregnancy. From the bottom of my heart, you are not to blame.

Above all, be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

xCheli

Post by xCheli »

Hi Karen,

Thank you for response, sorry for late been trying enjoy Xmas as much as possible I hope yours was lovely.

Thank you for the support x recovery seemed to be going well tried doing a 4 day's at work but on the fourth woke up and had a numbing pain on my left side (right tube wS removed) which got worse especially after sneezing ( no blood and waiting for calls from gp) has anyone had this? At what point is it a big concern ? Is it just the remaining tube working harder?

Feels like a period pain but a deja vu of being young and first period...

I'm one of those who don't want to trouble ppl...but ... did that with the pregnancy and yeah...be great of we had a mini clinic for checking things in there nearby 😅