By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Coming to terms with ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
lej92

Coming to terms with ectopic pregnancy

Post by lej92 »

Hi I hope you are all ok. I have just received my first methotrexate injection. I am really struggling with my feelings. I am unsure if they will change or re surface but I feel rather numb at the moment. I was wondering if anyone else was like this?

On December 6th I started spotting so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I continued to experience spotting daily between 6th-19th December. I took a lot of tests and all came back positive. On 20th December I started bleeding more heavily so I went go dr on 20th and they did a pregnancy test, which turned out to be negative so they said I had, had a miscarriage. I was devastated and I am unsure if this is when all my emotions surfaced. On 23rd I started having severe stomach cramps and a dull shoulder pain to the point I couldn't move so went to hospital. They took bloods and said my hcg levels was 65. I went back on 25th and my hcg was 99. I went on 29th December for scans and more blood tests. Scan showed their was something "suspicious" about 2cm in size near to ovary on the right hand side. Dr said it was ectopic. Bloods were 62 on 29th and 51 on 31st. On 2nd I returned to hospital as extremely lightheaded so was given the methotrexate. I have been back for my 4 day check today and feel extremely tired. I am just worried that I will think I am emotionally ready to return to work/normality and the feelings will surface. Can anybody relate/advise?
Thank you very much for your support.

Viain

Re: Coming to terms with ectopic pregnancy

Post by Viain »

Hey sorry about your news
I have just had my ‘day 7’ bloods taken this morning after having the injection this is my third ectopic. My advice would be do not return to work until you are absolutely sure you are ready. It’s easy to feel guilty about not been there if ‘physically you feel ok’ at least I do anyway. But I work in a school and it gets very overwhelming I am currently signed off for 2 weeks (halfway through this now) and am unsure as yet about returning. On top of everything else all the worrying and uncertainty in itself is absolutely exhausting. Give your self the time you need to heal and feel yourself

lej92

Post by lej92 »

Thank you so much for your reply. I work in a school too so I understand where you are coming from completely. I am so sorry to hear that you have been through this awful experience more than once. Sending you lots of love and wishes of a speedy recovery ❤️

Natasha1901

Post by Natasha1901 »

Hi, so sorry to hear your sad news and I am going through a smililar thing. I had spotting pretty much since conception after what I thought was implantation bleeding and on two occasions the spotting became worse when wiping, both times I had period like cramps. Tests still came back positive and I had all the "symtpoms" of pregnancy. I went to my gp who did bloods and said they were in range. But didn't recheck them. I self referred for an early private scan at 6 weeks and no pregnancy was seen but everything else looked normal. I referred myself to early pregnancy unit and had checks every 48 hours, hormones remained lower than expected but were increasing. It wasn't until my scan on 5th Jan that they saw suspicious fluid around 3cm in size near my left ovary. So they told me I was suffering with an ectopic pregnancy and could have the methotrexate Injection which I had today. I also feel numb, I'm crying frequently and feel disappointed in my body even though I know I could have done nothing to prevent this from happening. I think what you are feeling is completely normal and everyone deals/copes in different ways. I have been signed off for 2 weeks work so far but they have said this may need extending due to psychological needs and support. I'd recommend you don't return to work until you feel you are ready, no one can tell you how you are meant to feel or 'cope'. You are going through something that needs time and sensitivity. Don't go back until you are ready. Sending love and support to you. X

lej92

Post by lej92 »

So sorry for your loss. Thank you very much for your reply it means a lot. Sending you lots of love and kind wishes ❤️