By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Hope after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
lauraleelee

Hope after ectopic

Post by lauraleelee »

Hi all,

I promised I’d come back on here with a positive story one day, as I remember constantly looking for positive post ectopic/tube removal stories.

I found out I was pregnant in Oct 2020, it was a very faint line but I had caught straight away after coming off the pill so wasn’t sure when ovulated. A week later I had sex and I had bright red bleeding. I was assured it was normal, but my GP said we could get me in for an early scan for peace of mind which I accepted thinking everything was fine. Looking back now I also had pain on one side, but thought it was round ligament pain.
Scan day came and unfortunately it was confirmed ectopic which broke my heart. The next day I was treated with Methotroxate. Unfortunately after a week of monitoring, my hcg levels rose and was still in the 4000’s. Had no choice to have emergency surgery which resulted in me losing my left tube. Surgeon said it was on the verge of rupture so I was very lucky and was surprised I wasn’t in more pain.

I healed well physically but emotionally it was the hardest time of my life. I had to seek counselling and was majorly depressed.
As I had the injection I had to wait until January to start trying, it didn’t happen straight away but in April 2021 I got a positive.

My anxiety was sky high, and I constantly thought I had side pain and shoulder pain. The wait for the first scan was horrendous and I was having a breakdown in the waiting room! The nurses recognised me from the ectopic and were lovely.

Anyway it was confirmed baby was in the right place and I was over the moon, it took a while for me to accept it was healthy pregnancy but I’m currently sat here with my little girl lying on my chest who was born 16 days ago.
I really hope this gives hope to someone, as many womens posts on here did for me.
You will get your rainbow! Sending lots of love

Laura x

EPT Host 20

Re: Hope after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Hey Laura,
I remember your posts, I am so happy for you. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby girl.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed account, it really will help so many reading these posts.
Sending much love and a huge cuddle to your little girl
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Ciara

Re: Hope after ectopic

Post by Ciara »

Hi Laura, that is absolutely wonderful news, thankyou so much for posting your positive outcome! I absolutely know the feeling of extreme anxiety 'causing' all those symptoms as we are so scared of it happening again. It really helps to imagine you cuddling your precious baby after what you've been through.
Ciara x