By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2 eptipoics both tubes removed within 9 months.

Just for men to post our questions and share our opinions about ectopic pregnancies. Please note this board is for men only. If you wish to ask a general question, please post on the main board. To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Cjibbo

2 eptipoics both tubes removed within 9 months.

Post by Cjibbo »

My wife have always successfully conceived but she struggled to carry for much more than 9 weeks. We started trying in 2015 and had 5 miscarriages before our miracle son.
Later on we wanted to extend our family around 2019 but unfortunately experienced another 5 miscarriages before my wife in Feb 21 had her first eptopic pregnancy and rupture getting her fallopian tube removed.

Since then we have waited for consultations with a gynecologist but had no joy until I persisted they see us. We finally got an appointment next week.

We had allowed for 6 months recovery before trying again. In October we conceived, but due to bleeding and passing a small mass at about 6 weeks we assumed it was the usual miscarriage. Fresh blood continued for two weeks and the pains started again. After admitting herself last night today my wife had her second fallopian tube removed due to another eptopic pregnancy.

We are devastated but equally appreciative we have our son. I have no idea what's next as it a discussion for when she is out of hospital and we have recovered.

We still have our consultation next week which we will keep in hopefully for advice and answers.

I post this message as I'm sure it's a rare occurance, but wanted to know of other that have experienced double eptopics and equally what support you recommend other than the usual care rest and encouragement I can give my wife.

EPT Host 22

Re: 2 eptipoics both tubes removed within 9 months.

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Cjibbo,

My heart breaks for all your wife and you have been through. She will be needing to recover from surgery, but we know that ectopic pregnancy and loss also is an emotional trauma. Early baby loss is such a difficult situation and you have both suffered so much already. I encourage you both to take time for your recovery.

You will likely have questions for your consultant, and it might be useful to begin writing these down, so that you can be sure they are covered when you meet with them. Sometimes, often there are no clear reasons for why ectopic pregnancies occur and this can be very difficult. I spent a long time trying to understand what happened, and after some time, realised they were outside of my control. There is nothing we do to cause ectopic pregnancies, nor anything we can do to prevent them.

I had two ectopic pregnancies, but retained one tube. I would say that it took some time before I wanted to TTC again. Speaking to your consultant will help gather information on possibilities, but your wife and yourself will want to take as much time as you need to recover. The Trust encourages talking therapies, and you might find that counselling services would be valuable as a way to sort through what the next steps might be.

Please know that these boards are filled with women and men who have experienced ectopic pregnancy loss. We are here for you and for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Cjibbo

Post by Cjibbo »

Thanks our for your kind words Michelle.

I will be sure to right down our questions.

Hopefully time will be the healer. I will remind my wife it's our of her control as her personality is to blame herself and apologize.

Thanks
Christian

NickColez88

Post by NickColez88 »

Hi Cjibbo

Im sorry to hear about your experiences. I very recently posted on here myself. My Wife suffered 2 ectopic pregnancies this year within 8 Months. She lost both of her tubes too. We don’t have any children, her first ectopic occurred after our first month TTC.

I’ve spent the entire year trying to understand why this happened to us, medically we were told she is fine. It’s hard to process and it’s been the worst year.

Like Michelle says, sometimes these things happen without reason and it’s out of our control. I feel like it taken me a while to come to terms with this; I’ve felt like I have to try and fix it somehow, but there is nothing I can do but be there for my wife and support her the best I can…I’ve found that reaching out to others who have had similar experiences and talking about them helps.

We have our first IVF consultation lined up in the new year. Hopefully 2022 will bring us better luck. If you wanted to talk about what you’ve experienced I’m happy to listen