By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Absent periods

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Nheaton1988+

Absent periods

Post by Nheaton1988+ »

:x free Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can help me. I had an ectopic with tube removal on 12th nov 19. I had a period on 30th jan but nothing since! I’m not pregnant. I know periods will take a while to re-establish but 1 period in 5 months does not seem right. I am going to ring the doctor eventually but holding off at the moment with everything else that is going on. Thank you x

EPT Host 20

Re: Absent periods

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Nheaton1988+,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and continued concern.
Periods can take a few months to settle into a rhythm that is more normal for us, mine did too.

Periods can be delayed for a number of reasons including stress or even (as surprising as it may sound) excessive exercise or weight loss. Doctors normally consider menstrual cycles of between 23-42 days to be within normal parameters. As your periods are much longer than this, you are right in seeking medical advice and understand waiting in the current climate. In the meantime, keep a diary of start dates of any periods to discuss your cycle with you Dr.

Although I do not wish to alarm you, if have been TTC, if you experience any pain or unusual bleeding, please do get medical attention as soon as you can.

Sending much love,

Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Nheaton1988+

Post by Nheaton1988+ »

Thank you Karen, I appreciate your reply! Still no sign of AF. It’s just so strange, the only thing I think it can be down to is stress, however I just feel more worried more than anything else. I just wondered if hormones can be out of wack after an ectopic?

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Nheaton1988+,
It is possible that hormone levels are taking their time to settle, it is possible to have blood tests to check hormone levels, however in light of the coronavirus pandemic, I'm not sure what services your GP would be offering right now, so it maybe best to ask for a telephone call with your GP to discuss what is happening.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team