By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Feel let down

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Smcs52

Feel let down

Post by Smcs52 »

Hi this is my experience - ten days ago started to bleed so had a scan, showed a fluid sac in uterus. Blood levels were not doubling so I knew there was a problem with the pregnancy. Second scan a week later showed the fluid sac again and the consultant muttered something about something around the sac that she didn’t know what it was and something being unusual. The radiographer seemed to have to show her how to check my Fallopian tubes. And pointed out a collapsed corpus luteum cyst on my ovary. None of this was explained to me. I was diagnosed with pregnancy of unknown location and given three options - go home and see if I collapse. Have methotrexate but won’t be able to conceive for 3 months after. Surgery. As bloods still rising I chose methotrexate but it wasn’t explained to me that it isn’t instant and the levels can still rise for 3 days approx. I feel like I have been injected with a chemo drug and sent home to wait and see if I collapse or it works. Tried to call ward today as breathless and they’re not interested just said go to A and E if you need to. The care is severely lacking. I just don’t know what will happen. I don’t even know where the pregnancy is or if it’s the correct diagnosis. The masks for Covid, the lack of accompanying husband, all contributed to a complete lack of communication.

EPT Host 22

Re: Feel let down

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Smcs52,

I am so sorry to hear about this worrying time you are going through and suffering this ectopic pregnancy. The entire process can leave us with so many questions, and I can understand the frustration of not feeling heard by your medical providers. While I'm not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation, I'll do my best to help.

Right now, especially with the methotrexate, it's so important to take it easy and to look after yourself. You may be feeling physical symptoms with the methotrexate and rest is essential. You may want to jot down the symptoms you are having and when they are occuring. This may help you when you speak with your doctors. Certainly, with any worsening symptoms of heavy bleeding or intense pain, especially shoulder tip pain, it is important to visit your A&E.

I know all of this information can feel incredibly overwhelming and can cause anxiety. As much as you can, give yourself space and time to recover and take it as slowly as possible. You know your body the best and should reach out to your medical providers whenever you need or have questions.

In terms of your care circumstances, you may be aware that you can raise your thoughts via the Patient Advice and Liaison Service or PALS. You can find your local PALS here and it may be an avenue which can help:
http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Patien ... Search/363

Know that we are here for you throughout your recovery, whether you have questions or want to vent. We are here for as long as you need it.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Smcs52

Re: Feel let down

Post by Smcs52 »

Thank you x