By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain 3weeks after methotrexate injection

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Rachel21915

Pain 3weeks after methotrexate injection

Post by Rachel21915 »

Evening Everyone

So its been 3weeks since I had the methotrexate injection and been bleeding constantly since which epu say is normal.

However tonight I'm experiencing some pain left/lower abdominal just wondering if this is normal.

It was my left Flopian tube where my baby was stuck and unfortunately couldn't carry on with the pregnancy so opt for methotrexate injection.

Could someone please advise me????

Xxxxx

EPT Host 22

Re: Pain 3weeks after methotrexate injection

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Rachel21915,

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this worrying time. I am not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation. However, it is important with MTX to continue having blood tests ensuring your hCG is declining. I am not sure where you are on this journey. If your hCG is already at nonpregnant levels (below 5<mIU/mL), it could be that you are feeling sensations from the MTX itself or from the trauma of the ectopic pregnancy.

However, if you are not yet at these nonpregnant levels and your bleeding or pain is increasing (especially, shoulder tip pain), it is important to receive medical attention by calling 111 or through your A&E.

Ectopic pregnancies can leave us with many questions and anxieties, and its important to reach out for care whenever you need it. We are here for you throughout.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

B8by0407

Post by B8by0407 »

Hi I had an eptopic pregnancy before Christmas and was treated with methotrexate. I had the pain you described down my left side going into my back like my kidneys lasted about 10 mins were I couldnt move and thought my tube had bust. I would say drink plenty of water as it's a very nasty drug and the thing they found with me as I was dehydrated as I was sleeping the whole time so not really looking after myself. I also bled from the day I found out I was having an eptopic to when my levels finally got to 0 xxx

Rachel21915

Post by Rachel21915 »

Hi Thank You

So much for that advise I'll drink plenty of water I'm back hospital on tuesday for hopfully my last blood test my levels last week was 18.5 so hopfully will be negative Tuesday

It's so nice to get a response from someone who's experienced same thing.

Can I also ask are you back to normal sexual activity now?

Xxx

B8by0407

Post by B8by0407 »

No problem hun its nice to talk to someone who as been through it. I'd never really heard much about eptopic till it happened to me I felt like the only one in the world. Yes that's very low so fingers crossed it will be 0 I found I got a period the week before my 0 although i was bleeding throughout it was a lot heavier and more period like sorry tmi. Yes I waiting until my levels reached 0 and was discharged as I wanted to make sure no chance of rupture. I'm not trying at the moment as I had 2 injections and they advise not to get pregnant but if I'm honest I need this time to wrap my head around it and too scared if it was to happen again. How are you coping? Xxx

Rachel21915

Post by Rachel21915 »

Yes I Feel Same Like I Was Only Person To Have Ectopic Pregnancy.

And no1 understands baring people who have been through it.

Yeah I'm not sure if I'm having a period or what I'm still bleeding it will be my 4th week bleeding next week I'm getting fed up of it now 😔

I was lucky to only have 1 injection and no rupture 🤞
But like you I've been told no sexual activity for 3months, but as us women do we worry our men are getting peed off 🤨

Xxx

B8by0407

Post by B8by0407 »

I know how you feel it was just still a painful reminder of it all but now my periods are sort to back to normal. The advice they gave me was I could have intercourse when my hcg levels were 0 but not to get pregnant for 3 months as the methotrexate strips all the folic acid out of your body so could potentially effect next pregnancy so to wait the 3 month before trying again (if that makes sense) I think I have to wait 6 months as I had 2 injections. How many weeks were you when you found out eptopic? Yea luckily I didnt have rupture so got both my tubes although I feel like there probably no good xx

Rachel21915

Post by Rachel21915 »

Sorry for late reply.

Yeah I ask last week about intercourse they said to have protected cause the methotrexate is a strong drug and can effect a new pregnancy if I got pregnant whilst it's still in my body.

I was 6weeks pregnant but I also had a cyst on my left tube which I kept thinking that was the cause but epu say it wasn't.

There's still alot of unanswered questions I want to ask but I'm going have try see if I can get into drs.

Even though they say it probably won't happen again I want to know whats going happen with that cyst , we was trying for 3yrs so emotions was everywhere when had to give up on our baby 😔

Like you my question is my left Flopian tube damaged or not cause obviously didn't have the surgery so wouldn't know.

Xxxx

B8by0407

Post by B8by0407 »

Omg that's exactly same as me I started bleeding at 5 weeks no pain I just thought it was a miscarriage but the bleeding was very little only when I wiped after toilet. I had a internal scan she saw something on my left ovary and confirmed eptopic. When the consultant looked at it and seen me and said he believes that is a cyst and there still might be a chance so as you can imagine I was like up and down. He ordered 48 hrs bloods and a repeat scan and for me to stay in hospital for he two nights incase. My bloods got redone 40hrs later they said it wouldnt make any difference if it's not quite 48hr It only rose 43%. The same women scanned me my uterus is definitely empty there is a cyst on overy.

The highest my hcg got to was 3400 6 weeks pregnant to the day I had my first injection. My hcg went up again after having the injection to much so 2 days later I had to have another injection.

I had another scan 2 weeks after injection showed cyst still there and what looked to be eptopic it was basically touching. Mine didnt even seem to make it into tube!

I can imagine when you want something so bad. It still effects me now! I feel cheated in a way I was trying for almost a year and time is not on my side I'm almost 33. I'm still very nervous to try again like you I want answers I definitely do not want to go through that again xxx

Rachel21915

Post by Rachel21915 »

Evening Hun,

It's amazing how many people have experienced the same situation.

I want to know where these cysts come from and why they come 😔

I don't think I'll be scanned again cause my levels are down but its makes me want to ask cause of the cyst.

My egg was stuck in my Flopian tube it's just gutting and to top it all off my daughter kitty has gone missing 😔

They say it happens in 3s 🤨

Surely things can get better 🤞

Xxx