By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Readjusting back to normal life

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
nina5351

Readjusting back to normal life

Post by nina5351 »

Today I went and had a check up and in the process ran into one of my co-workers that I haven’t seen since my ectopic pregnancy and emergency surgery on 9/11/20.

I’ve always had good encounters with this co-worker and he honestly looked sincere when he said “Where have you been? I haven’t seen you at work, how are you?” I told him what happened and even though he was very supportive I thought I was okay but when I got to my car afterwards, I broke down and cried like a baby.

Has this happened to anyone else? I felt like what’s wrong with me, he was supportive and I still broke down 😢

lunalife

Re: Readjusting back to normal life

Post by lunalife »

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and the pain you're going through. I had an ectopic pregnancy in July this year and am having a rough time at the moment as a close friend has just had an ectopic as well. It's so natural for emotions to come up when you have to talk about it, even if, and maybe especially if (?) the person is being caring and compassionate. I'm hoping it will all diminish in time.

Sending love and light.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear nina5351,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Don't forget you have been through a traumatic event of surgery and loosing your baby, and September wasn't that long ago. It is normal to experience these feelings for up to 3 months. Some days will be worse than others but the bad days will become less frequent.
Above all be kind to yourself, allow the tears to come when they need to and of course speak to us whenever you need. You have friends here who understand.
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

nina5351

Post by nina5351 »

Thank you for your kind words. I love this forum, it has honestly helped talk to women who know what it’s like to go through such a traumatic loss worth not only losing our baby but also losing body parts.

I had a cornual ectopic pregnancy, and I had emergency surgery on 9/11/20 with removal of my baby, my right tube and the right corner of my uterus 😢.

I’m a nurse and I actually work in surgery and have done these cases. But I never knew how traumatic they were and how devastating the recovery process was.

Lisyloo725

Post by Lisyloo725 »

Hey Nina- I’m so sorry for your loss x x x

My ectopic was found on Monday and tube removed on Tuesday. I was told the recovery is ok but it feels bloody terrible at the moment. How quickly could you walk to the end of your road and back again? X x x