By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic Bleeding

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Hannah1991

Ectopic Bleeding

Post by Hannah1991 »

I found out I was pregnant on 31st August after having my first round of clomid. At around 5/6 weeks I began to have pains on one side and spotting and was referred to EPU. I had a scan on 11th September and was told I had pregnancy of unknown location. I have had multiple HCG blood tests and internal scans and was told on 21st September I would have a miscarriage, which I did that evening. I bled for 3 weeks and my HCG levels stayed static, around 200. I had another scan last week and was told I had an ectopic pregnancy and that it would go on it’s own. I have started bleeding again, is this normal? Is it my period or is it the ectopic pregnancy resolving? I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it shows 1-2 weeks. I am so drained from the trauma of the last few weeks!

EPT Host 22

Re: Ectopic Bleeding

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Hannah1991,

I am so sorry that you are suffering an ectopic pregnancy and you are going through this worrying time. Unfortunately, I am not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation. In many cases, the initial bleeding is the pregnancy resolving itself and not your period. It is good that you continue to be monitored by your Drs and through blood tests.

You know your body the best, and while the hcg levels are decreasing, it's important to be mindful of your symptoms until you reach non-pregnant levels, under 5mIU/mL, as there is unfortunately still a chance of rupture. The symptoms of a deteriorating ectopic pregnancy, which include worsening or progressively increasing pain; vaginal bleeding; shortness of breath; feeling faint; and pain in the tip of the shoulder among others, may become noticeable. If you suffer any of these symptoms you will need to be reassessed. Your hospital would give you a number to contact for health advice if you feel that anything is changing, or you will have been told to report to the Accident and Emergency Department (A&E). If you have not been told what to do and need to speak to someone ring the hospital department which is treating you or the NHS 111 Service by dialing 111.

From the bottom of my heart, please be kind to yourself through your recovery. We are here for you whenever you need it.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Hannah1991

Re: Ectopic Bleeding

Post by Hannah1991 »

Thank you Michelle, I have another blood test this week and hoping that my HCG levels continue to drop and that it resolves itself. I never thought it would happen to me, but am so grateful to read others stories and realise I am not alone. It is an incredibly isolating experience and although my husband, family and friends have been so supportive, nobody understands the trauma unless you’ve experienced it. X