By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain during ovulation after ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
SCook20

Pain during ovulation after ectopic pregnancy

Post by SCook20 »

Hi everyone

I suffered an ectopic pregnancy in August, had the injection which didn’t work so had to be admitted for emergency surgery. During this surgery my left tube was removed.

My first period since which was in September caused me agony on the side my tube was removed for a few days. Interestingly, this second period is causing me agony on the opposite side, to the point I’ve been in bed most of the morning in pain.

Has anyone else experienced this? If the pain was on the side my tube was removed I’d understand it but it’s the opposite side so just wondering if this is common.

Thank you

MPat

Re: Pain during ovulation after ectopic pregnancy

Post by MPat »

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience; I too had my right tube removed vi an emergency procedure about 6 weeks ago.

I found my first period was really painful and exactly like you, was experiencing ovulation pain that started on the side with no tube and then gravitated to the other side.

I spoke with my GP who said since I still have both of my ovaries that this is expected and the first 3 periods/ovulation a will feel like this and other people on the forum say the ovulation pains are sometimes worse than period pains. However if you are concerned, I’d really recommend speaking to your doctor.

One thing ive learnt from this whole traumatic experience is not to be afraid to speak up when I’m in pain and not to downplay any unusual symptoms.

Best of luck with your recovery

M

SCook20

Re: Pain during ovulation after ectopic pregnancy

Post by SCook20 »

Thank you for your kind reply xx