By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic dilemma

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
DanielleRose

Ectopic dilemma

Post by DanielleRose »

Hi everyone. First time posting and really hoping somebody can help.
On Saturday 10th October I got rushed to hospital with terrible abdominal pain.
Urine and blood test confirmed I was pregnant (massive shock as on the pill and definitely not planned)
My HCG levels were 200. (This is what I can remember)
I had a scan and it looked like there was an ectopic pregnancy in my right Fallopian tube. I was then booked for emergency surgery that evening. They performed laparoscopic surgery.
The operation went well but they didn’t find what they expected. The right Fallopian tube contained a cyst which they said was no concern. My womb was filled with blood.
Then the left tube was in [heck] of a state, they found a growth/mass that wasn’t typical of an ectopic pregnancy. So they removed the tube and mass and have sent it off for testing.
However, the doctor said he cannot confirm this was in fact an ectopic pregnancy and I’m to repeat a pregnancy test in 3 weeks if still positive then I’m to go back for another scan as I could still be pregnant 🥴
Has this happened to anybody else? I’ve done a clear blue test and one said 1-2 weeks the other 2-3.
Can this actually be possible that I could go on to have a successful pregnancy?
It all seems completely out of the ordinary and impossible. (But I’m no medical professional)
To say my head is all over the place would be an understatement.
Any help/advice would be highly appreciated.
Danielle

EPT Host 22

Re: Ectopic dilemma

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Danielle,

I am so sorry that you are going through such a worrying and confusing time. These pregnancies can leave us with many questions. Unfortunately, I am not medically qualified to comment upon your specific situation. I would encourage you to continue conversations with your Drs, ensuring that you ask as many and as detailed questions as you need. Each women is different and our bodies process the experience in different ways. It's important to ensure you are having clarification of your situation and any questions answered. I always encourage people to ensure they are writing down their questions and asking at their next appointments, no matter how small they might seem.

Sending you good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Smallchips

Re: Ectopic dilemma

Post by Smallchips »

Ask the go to do repeat bloods evey two days and if they’re evidence of rising hgc then ask for a referral for a scan. 👍 good luck x